Spoiler Kenkyo, Kenjitsu o Motto ni Ikite Orimasu romance

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Yumika12345, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Mino Micha

Mino Micha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tell me when you've made the new thread! I want to keep reading after all

2. Red Bean

Red Bean Tired Bun Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    LAST UNRELATED THING I SWEAR: I just realized if I were to actually write this I would not be able to do Reika’s POV because its so different from the character POV’s I know how to do. Therefore, someone else has to write this AU if they want it from Reika’s POV.

3. Mino Micha

Reading List:
    Link
    Last one for me too (if it's a nuisance I'll delete this)

No Reika POV is fine too! It'll make it more interesting! If you want some help then maybe I or someone else can help you

4. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is there a thread about kenkyo kenjitsu's fanfics ? If it's the case I want a link to it please !

5. ShenMiao98

ShenMiao98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish someone would write a fanfiction on oneesama and Enjou's meeting, with either pov.

6. Irie

Irie Internet Bystander

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't actively go around searching for fanfics so the only one I know of is Red Bean's
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/kenkyo-kenjitsu-enjou-pov-fanfiction.51311/
    But I vaguely remember someone mentioning a Kaburagi fanfic somewhere previously on this thread...(?) not sure iirc

Edit: well I randomly skipped a few pages back and managed to find these shared by other people
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/3333509/
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12852677/1/Second-Year-Valentine-s-Day
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12850634/1/Sakurako-POV
    There's probably more (or not, idk) but I'm lazy to thoroughly search through 50+ pages :blobdizzy:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  7. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for the links !
    are you refering to Onii-sama ? because Oneesama have a different meaning (it means older sister)

Irie likes this.
  8. novparadisel

novparadisel Member

Reading List:
    Link
    seriously i share the same feeling with you,uhm i was thinking abt that naru-kun look alike i pretty much want reika to talk to him and so on,and idk why i have this budging feeling that there is sth enjou and kaburagi planning for,im kinda scared cause i dont exactly ship her with him but there is some "clues" there and here...maybe im just hallucinating or scared...what fo yall think

9. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that if you want other people to say what they think about it, you got to be clearer and less confusing than that. I didn't understand anything in your message éè
    As for Naru-kun, if it was any other novel (or even a manga or a book) I'd make more hypotheses about him, and assume that his apparition HAD to have a role. but I think that the author did it just to make Kenkyo Kenjitsu more realist, because not all encounters/crushes/events have to necessarily be funny, result in character developpement, go anywhere, or even be relevant to a girl's life. It kinda contrasts with Clamp and a lot of works point of view that all meetings have a meaning, and what had to happen will happen, and "everything is hitsuzen(inevitability)", but it's one of kenkyo kenjitsu's charms
    Just like Kaburagi's evolving relationship with Reika, but unlike all villainesses reincarnation stories, neither he or Wakaba were villains, nor is Kaburagi suddenly interested/in love with Reika because of Reika's personality changing.
    So looking at it as just a story won't go anywhere (I must be confusing, if something isn't clear you can always ask me). Reika really strike me as a real person, I'll develop on it later but for now I think I'm gonna go sleep

10. ShenMiao98

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I was
    Thanks for clarifying that.

11. ShenMiao98

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there any way to bug the author about releasing ch 300? I am beginning to wonder if the novel has been dropped.
    I really do hope that the author is alive and well, and that this hiatus will end soon.
    Do you guys have any idea?

novparadisel and Darcy like this.
  12. novparadisel

novparadisel Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry for not being able to convey my thoughts properly,kinda nervous since its my first time here,however i wanted to ask what do yall think about the suspicious behaviour of enjou,he is hiding too much and im suspecting he already knows about her relationship with wakaba,he always "accuse" her of being a spy but why didnt he say anything?

13. novparadisel

novparadisel Member

Reading List:
    Link
    im praying really hard that they didnt,this novel is so amazing,funny and interesting

14. Red Bean

Red Bean Tired Bun Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    If I were to guess, its because there is no real benefit for him (presuming he does know) revealing such information as of the current point in the novel. He definitely knows something since he was the one who brought Wakaba during the Locker Incident, but aside from that there was no other time the information was useful.

Lets also remember that Enjou is clearly passing the duty of being Masaya’s love advisor onto Reika, and if Masaya were to learn that he’s basically been gushing his feelings to his crush’s best friend, he’d be mortified and immediately quit asking Reika for advice (which is a likely scenario, don’t deny it), which would result in Enjou having to take on the complete brunt of Masaya’s love woes instead of sharing it with someone else. We all know Enjou likes to share his burdens and throw work to other people, so this is the likeliest scenario.

Edit: also I wanna add that Enjou is probably just calling her “spy” cause he finds it funny and its what Masaya called her when they were children (Reika was Masaya’s spy during the Yurie Incident) so he’s probably just poking fun. He’s also called her “Deer Girl” after the deer incident, and he likes messing with her by teasing her with stuff he hears from the rumormill concerning her (fathercon, brocon, attracted to older men, and probably more that he simply isn’t revealing yet) while Reika does the opposite and feed the rumormill with Enjou-rumors (his White Day plans, a gay relationship between him and Masaya (the former of which he let go since he owed her and the latter of which he scared her out of doing)).

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  15. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    please no double post, it's what the "edit" button is for
    what hiding too much ? Anyone reading that would think he's doing something illegal or really immoral at the very least
    and doing something illegal is something I can't picture him doing (for the sole reason that he doesn't need to), having secrets is something totally normal for any aristocratic heir of a laarge group other than Kaburagi.
    him being too secretive is something we see from Reika's POV, and while I totally think that he maintains the facade around most people, not only Reika. Maintaining a facade is something even Reika did from elementary school, and is even more normal for him as a heir of a reaally rich group (like 2nd or 3rd on their year at Suiran ).
    And even if he knew about Reika's and Wakaba's friendship, I don't see why that would be bad for Reika, other than Kaburagi pestering her and annoying her to death in the worst case scenario (and I can totally imagine her snapping at him like during the Tsuruhana incident)
    and Enjou accusing Reika of being a spy was probably refering to her friendship with the student council, and I personally think he's just doing because Reika's scared reaction is hilarous (it's funny to even us readers)
    So I don't quite see what was your point. you're kinda over-exagerating everything Enjou did that was remotely shady
    EDIT :
    Now I wanna see Kaburagi learning that while being near Wakaba and Reika, and Reika thinking 'what the heck is that weirdo doing ? is it a stalker thing ?' and Wakaba being confused

Irie, Aeiru28 and Red Bean like this.
  16. novparadisel

novparadisel Member

Reading List:
    Link

thank you for explaining it, now that i think about it,it makes more sense,when he told her abt her "liking" older men i was screaming hard i didnt expect him to know

Red Bean likes this.
  17. Mino Micha

Reading List:
    Link
    Author-sama! When will you update? :sushi_potato:

18. Red Bean

Red Bean Tired Bun Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you guys actually think its possible that Yuiko will ruin the fireworks date? Like as far as we know, its an event only known by the brothers and Reika, and I highly doubt Yukino would allow for Yuiko to come along (he would get pissed as far as I can tell or very upset, which would be something Shuusuke wouldn’t want), so I have no idea how she would learn of it either, but on the off chance she did know, would she do it?

Lets add in that Yukino doesn’t like her and its an event that Yukino specifically asked Reika and his brother to only, so if she does interrupt she runs the chances of upsetting Yukino, which in turn will upset Shuusuke, and cause her to very, very likely lose points with him. And as far as I can analyze in the novel, she already does seem to be losing points with him, if his reactions are anything to go by (seemingly irritable when Birdbrain tells him that Yuiko wants to spend time with him, unwilling to spend time at home, a place which would surely open its doors to Yuiko who is a potential (and possibly favored, if the party they attended together and Haruki incessant screeching of Enjou being Yuiko’s is anything to go by) fiance for Shuusuke).

Lets also add in that Enjou, for all his scheming, is very loyal to those he cares about (chasing down Masaya during the Heartbreak Journey) and is quick to rectify situations which are troublesome (Ensuring the silence of the Pivoine members who witnessed Reika go Kali-mode of Kaburagi after the first Tsurahana Incident).

If he did like Yuiko and they were going to get together, but Yuiko was under the impression that Reika was trying to steal him from her, wouldn’t Enjou have already actively fixed that situation? Instead, Enjou continues to seek out Reika and even does things that could be seen as him being infatuated with her (the Cafe Spoon incident). You wouldn’t do that unless you liked someone or were incredibly comfortable with them, much less in a public area, and even much less if you were committed to someone else. Yuiko seems to already be interested in Enjou, so playing around like that is a time-waster at best, or detrimental to their relations at worst, and self-sabotage is something I think he knows how to avoid.

So what I’m trying to say is; would she actually dare to do it, knowing that she would end up losing favor with Enjou?

Aeiru28, Irie and Mino Micha like this.
  19. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's something Original Reika or Maihama would do. So far Yuiko have given the vibe of being too subltle for that, doing something so stalkerish and incredibly nosy won't win her any point. That'd be self-sabotage
    If she's actually like Sakurako (who wanted to go to Suiran just because Reika and Akizawa-kun were friends and went as far as attending their cram school ) and isn't as shady as us readers thought, then it's possible. But then again it's someone Yukino is very wary of (and would that really be the case if it was someone his brother truly loved and that wasn't that bad?), and like you said, Enjou does avoid her and his home a lot, and all the others things you already said
    the 'losing favor with fiancee candidate' point cracked me up xD It remind me of chinese novels and talks about concubines/wifes earning or losing favor of their emperor '^'

Irie and Red Bean like this.
  20. Red Bean

Red Bean Tired Bun Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. Yuiko comes of as subtle, so going out to ruin the event would most definitely be self-sabotage. I can’t even think she could try and find a way to keep Enjou at home or make him tag her along either, since it will too easily cost her points with him. She might send in Haruki? But I think that that blabbermouth is too much of a double-edged sword (he’d probably shout something like “Why are you with her and left Yuiko-san alone?!” at Enjou in public) to be of use to her in such a precarious circumstance.

Yep! So there has to be something wrong with her, and from the way Yukino stiffened up, its not the funny or weird kind like with Reika. Its very likely bad.

Tis the truth! Enjou was a lord with a harem during elementary, and now in highschool, he is an emperor with a concubine trying to steal the seat of empress from Reika! lol just kidding. I read too many chinese novels at this point, especially harem ones with the emperor.