Is TTNH worth reading

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by darkshooter190, Jun 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkshooter190

darkshooter190 Lurker, I see and knows nothing

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically I dropped it after walk the jianghu dropped it. Thinking of picking it up again. Should I or should I not?

2. Tanhalevi

Tanhalevi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda like it.

The side characters are the biggest reason, I admit it.

3. Ixcez

Ixcez Intergalactic Xanthic Custom Error Zone

Reading List:
    Link
    The first 200-300 chapters were pretty good in my book after that it became one of the usual CN trope novels with bromance as a side dish, it is a pretty solid read but there are better one’s.

Compared to the general CN it’s in the upper tier I would say.

Lianna, Tanhalevi and Astaroth like this.
  4. Wargod

Wargod Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Downhill after 300 and it gets really boring around 500-800 at which i stopped not worth it.

otaku31 likes this.
  5. Deleted member 110464

Deleted member 110464 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    It's pretty good.
    One of the only two cn novels that I follow ardently.
    Not many cliches,good Romance, no stupid face slapping, no courting Death every other chapter

6. TianKrea

TianKrea 『Novice』

Reading List:
    Link
    At first it was good but later it became one of your regular Chinese novels.

Lianna and otaku31 like this.
  7. Devil of Boredom

Devil of Boredom Exists.

Reading List:
    Link
    Was good at the start but now i dont feel like reading it....
    Though if there is something good plz tell me i will pick it up again........

8. asomeCokkies

asomeCokkies [Eternal Quest for Epubs]

Reading List:
    Link
    What's better?

9. Djoty

Djoty Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read it for awhile, liked the whole scheming bit, but I lose touch with it, planning on picking up again, but I can not remember the chapter am at

10. Ixcez

Ixcez Intergalactic Xanthic Custom Error Zone

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally Dungeon Defense (another genre) or Douluo Dalu (same genre)

For me the author of TTNH is a bit of a problem because he reuses most of his plot/characters from his earlier works, as I’ve read OEM a lot of it becomes a reread but with different names on the characters though TTNH has the biggest diversity from OEM.

11. badass

badass Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's worth reading as the tension is still the same and it's worth to find the secrets of his sword and destiny and how his journey goes on a higher plane. I think TTNH and OEM are the best works of the author.
    Dungeon Defence is Kr work.

12. Alex Crimson

Alex Crimson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like all the authors novels, its good for the first few hundred chapters, but then devolves into a mess of bad writing and endless stupid situations. Every bad guy is an idiot that dies in a crazy way whilst praising the MC that kills them. Allies cry tears of joy because the MC is nice to them. Every damn fight/training session feels the need to go into detail with cringey shit like attacks called "what harm is there in slaughtering the entire world!" or making just walking forward some profound shit about the aura of a tyrant.

For some reason the author is also strangely focused on dirty jokes. Classic friendly fat friend that shits all over his teacher, or the main characters smelly feet.

None of the authors novels are worth reading. This is coming from someone who read the start of all of them.

13. TerraEarth

TerraEarth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It really isn't. The novels this author pens are a bit different in that they involve more political intrigue, but the powerlevel wanking stuff is rampant and there isn't nearly as many supporting tropes that lend weight to that.

Choose one. Adventure fantasy with powerlevels, or political intrigue without it. (Dungeon Defense is a good example of this, it balances the two quite well and leans heavily towards the political/ruling aspect instead of being middle-of-the-road like TTNH).

So it ends up not being great in either field. Just different but not particularly good.

14. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes it's worth it. I like the story except for the unsatisfactory ending. But overall it is worth the journey.

15. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    I read all 2750 chapters of TTNH and enjoyed it overall. Definitely in my top 10 CNs (out of more than 50). The humor was enjoyable and I liked most of the characters including antagonists, who were a lot more fleshed out than the generic Xianxia Young Master types. The world-building and story were also pretty solid. There's also some harem but it doesn't fully develop until later in the story.

Worth reading IMO.

Grasping Evil :D

Deleted member 110464 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.