Recommendations Spacebattles.com fanfic

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Jojo775, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Recommend away, but no fking Worm, RWBY and games I haven't played (basically any games, not interested in game fics except for LoL but checked those out on fanfic.net and they suck)
    And it has to be long and not dropped.
    Star Gate, Marvel, Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter, Naruto, One Piece should be the main ones if crossover.

2. judgekun

judgekun Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. wrightl

wrightl Wizards are better than warriors

Reading List:
    Link
    https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/purple-days-asoiaf-joffrey-timeloop-au.450894/
    This is a game of thrones time loop fanfic, which I read after catching the time loop bug from Mother of Learning. It is really good, but if you haven't read game of thrones your enjoyment will be limited.
    It mainly focuses on self-improvement, intentional and unintentional, using the time loop. This makes sense, as the only realistic way for Joffrey not to be a huge dick is dying a hundred times. That being said, as time goes on he does start to work towards keeping the world safe from the white walkers.

4. Sethnix

Sethnix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    I meant from spacebattle.com, a fanfic… also I've read and dropped GDN and ISSTH years ago.
    Ty, though I'm not to thrilled about GoT, I like my fics sci fi.
    Yeah I meant fanfic, and I watched the anime.

7. Matthew9999

Matthew9999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Matthew9999

Reading List:
    Link
    One is a really good naruto fanfic, another is a good marvel one similar to 12 steps to omnipotence. The last is a fun si GoT fanfic

9. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read Gems of Infinite Potential and I completely agree with the author's initial statement about 12 steps, so that's out, I'll check out the Naruto one, though isn't Daichi from that shitty popular RPG fic?

10. Matthew9999

Reading List:
    Link
    Daichi? I reccomended the naruto one because the author only wrote it on RRL while his GoT(same author) has more chapters on SB. Its got some great worldbuilding, its fairly fast paced and I overall enjoyed it a lot.

11. wrightl

wrightl Wizards are better than warriors

Reading List:
    Link
    This actually ends up with sci-fi elements, apparently both the time loop and white walkers are caused by technology, and Joffrey learns this from a precognizant species of sentient squid from millions of years ago that were scientifically advanced, and used their precog powers to send him info about how everything worked. So far this information hasn't really affected the story, but it is nice to have a believable background for a time loop.
    And I really do recommend you read this, I loved it and I wasn't even a huge GoT fan (only read first three books)

12. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Binged it, it's good, except kinda bland in the later chaps, no conflict. They can just bomb everything, and the MC is so strong already without ever fighting.

13. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Sethnix

Sethnix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First one is about an "ancient" human build AI controlled Super Dreadnought on a revenge trip (I suck at writing summaries at 1am, just check the description here )
    Humanity already had several colonies, when they made contact with the first Aliens.
    They didn't like, that we wouldn't join their "empire" (on their conditions) and started a war, Humanity started to build more and better ships, which leads to the first AI controlled / supported Dreadnough and killed on of their (to that day undefeated) "Chariots / Godships". But that didn't really helped, since it was also heavily damaged and in the end they destroyed all colonies and Earth.

Second one is about how Aliens learned about Humanity / Humanity about Aliens, but with the twist, that we are from a so called "Deathworld" which is commonly know as being impossible to "spawn" intelligent life (and makes us scary and disgusting (like 95% of them are Herbivore and we survive their deadliest "anti-personal" weapons with only some bruises)

The Galaxy is a big place, and life will get started practically anywhere. But sapient life requires stability, peace, and an ecosystem that's generally conducive to allowing a species to get away with devoting lots of calories to all that spare brainpower, and sitting around thinking about things. On the nastier kinds of world, life is too hectic, too dangerous and too unforgiving for any animal to become sapient.

Or so the galactic community used to believe, before the discovery of Homo Sapiens.

It turns out that the conventional wisdom was wrong, it's just that the native sophonts of a deathworld treat their intellect in much the same way as a vicious predator might treat its claws - as a weapon, and as a survival tool. Humanity has spent thousands of generations eking out a living on a planet where simply surviving from day to day is a serious challenge, and have come to view themselves as the plucky underdogs, struggling to slay dragons and conquer impossible odds. Human stories are full of insurmountable challenges and the heroes who rise to meet them.

As far as the rest of the galaxy is concerned, however, humans are lightning-fast killing machines that are effectively impervious to all but the most powerful weaponry. In the Jenkinsverse, humans aren't just the aliens - we're the alien monsters.

And it's only a matter of time before we leave Earth...

15. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah, I've read Death World but dropped it, what are all the other links for?