Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks so much for translating the interview!

TBH I do feel sorry for anyone trying to adapt the novel, since the timeline is really scattered and there are a bunch of flashbacks interwoven with pretty much every arc.

I'm guessing that Season 1 will probably follow the book introduction at least until the whole "LWJ takes WWX back to Cloud Recesses" arc. Maybe then they'll switch towards a bunch of flashback episodes. They'll probably cover the Cloud Recesses flashback + Tyranny of the Wen sect flashback + Extermination of the Jiang clan at least. Perhaps even the Sunshot Campaign.
    I'm not sure how much they will cover of the later events: WWX torturing the corrupt Wen guys, WWX protecting the Wen survivors, WWX's many horrible experiences being hunted (Qiongqi, Buyetian, etc. etc.).
    (Honestly... WWX's first life and first death sucked ass, so these flashbacks are going to be really on the depressing side LOL)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  2. Atemues

Atemues Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The translated interview is all thanks to this user - https://twitter.com/lssl99
    I just shared the link.

3. Cypress

Cypress Eh, what's "outside"? /sinks into bed

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm so exited!! The days leading to July 9 seem to pass to slowly... Don't know if that's good thing or a bad thing. I don't want summer to be over yet.

Shimizu Yuki likes this.
  4. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Phew, finally finished translating/subtitling Episode 3 of the audio drama! I love this episode a lot, perhaps the most out of the ones so far <3

I know there are quite a few lines that I wasn't super sure about, so any corrections are very welcome.

Aeli, Shimizu Yuki, MikotoP and 13 others like this.
  5. Yuslia

Yuslia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg he is playing WangXian in flute I love it! Thank you so much!

6. adaccc

adaccc New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is anyone like Xueyang X Xiaoxingchen? I really like them combine to together, because I think XY loves XXC so deeply but he just found when XXC died.

7. Cypress

Cypress Eh, what's "outside"? /sinks into bed

Reading List:
    Link
    I like them. There must have been a one sided thing, considering XY conflicting feelings, but it might be my imagination. Sometimes I wonder why I low key ship them since what he did to XXC was awful, but who knows:blobhug:

8. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do pity Xue Yang despite the horrible things he's done. His inherent nature, his cruel backstory on the streets, and then entering the scummy Jin sect... All of these made him incapable of understanding true warmth/compassion/love, even when it was right in front of him.

It seems like he genuinely enjoyed XXC's company and grew to respect him, even love him (at least to the maximum extent Xue Yang could actually love someone). But XXC came too late in his life.
    If he had been "adopted" by XXC before the Chang clan massacre, XY would have had the potential to change (especially if Song Lan was present to stop XY from engaging in any manipulation shenanigans). But there was no way XXC would let an actual serial killer go. There was no way XXC, A-Qing, and XY would have been able to live that peaceful lie forever--and that peaceful lie did shatter at the smallest hint of the truth.

If there is love involved in the canon situation, it would only be XY's twisted form of attachment onto XXC. I am not comfortable seeing them as a ship in the canon situation. Maybe an alternate universe redemption or something :p

(Side Note: Xiao XingChen's name is one of the coolest names I've ever seen. I think it literally translates to "Dawn Stardust").

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    Fiorisi and Aeli like this.
  9. adaccc

adaccc New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I know he did some awful thing to XXC, but I think because of his growth environment. He did not know how to love the person correctly, and when he knows that it is too late for both of them. Have you ever see the youtube video who made by Chinese fans for them? It really looks awesome but sad tooo LOL~~~

Fiorisi and Cypress like this.
  10. adaccc

adaccc New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here is the video from YouTube

11. adaccc

adaccc New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. I like Xiao XingChen's name tooo. His name has the really great meaning!!! His character is also like star which is so pure in the sky.

12. kurofox

kurofox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    19 more days....

Cease-Lesh and K.san like this.
  13. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright, here's one of the shorts released by the audio drama cast! SmallTimes translated most of the "Escape" one earlier in this thread, I mostly just took the liberty to make proper subtitles on a video version~

zeromint, Zhen_Qing, Atemues and 7 others like this.
  14. SmallTimes

SmallTimes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How nice~~ Thank you for your effort!
    I found episode 4 of the audio drama on youtube, although it is subtitled in Viet, will you be able to translate that one as well? I haven't been able to find one that doesn't have the subtitle on screen ;_;

15. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm working on subbing episode 4 right now! It should hopefully be up tomorrow.
    (I can't really navigate MissEvan very well, let alone find how to use premium currency, so I'm actually using the audio from that Vietnamese youtube upload lol)

Aeli likes this.
  16. jojooxxx

jojooxxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still hoping for the complete english translation of this novel before I officially start reading it.......................
    and it's slowly killing me :cry:
    it's only in c.53 *sigh*
    If only i can read it in it's original works :oops:

17. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And here's the other short! Wi-Fi is absolutely adorable in this one <3

Aeli, zeromint, Zhen_Qing and 6 others like this.
  18. Yuslia

Yuslia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    K.san, Cease-Lesh and miximmaxim like this.
  19. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, in 53, even though Wen Chao yelled at Melting Hand to get MianMian back, Melting Hand took the Jiao woman instead. Did the tl made a typo or did Melting Hand took that wrong person?

20. miximmaxim

miximmaxim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yep, it's a typo, I think it's already fixed