Japanese Cinderella Hakushakuke no Kutsubakokan

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by WhiteWolf42, Apr 22, 2017.

1. WhiteWolf42

WhiteWolf42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Cinderella Hakushakuke no Kutsubakokan
    Raw Link: http://icarusbride.blogspot.de/2014/08/raw-cinderella-hakushakuke-no.html (Up to volume 1), I can provide the following novels (6 LNs)
    NU Link: Doesn't exist
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: Wo doesn't love fairy tales, especially 'Cinderella' and magical shoes.xD Anyway, a story about magical items sounds interesting.
    Description:
    Upon hearing a rumor that the Dissent family, who are descendants of Cinderella and hold the rank of Earl, are gathering shoes that have stories behind them, Adelle decides to bring the "red shoes" that were her deceased mother's legacy to the next-in-line Dissent family head, Allen, to have them appraised. However, what he tells her instead... is the shocking truth about Cinderella! With the shoes taken away from her, Adelle decides to work at Allen's shoe shop, "Glass Dome"despite the fact that she's extremely shy in order to learn the truth about her mother's death, however...?!

Cover of the first volume:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  2. StormHawk

StormHawk I’m Back To Drop Bombs

Reading List:
    Link
    Anything with Cinderella in the name is bad. Especially when it's Asian novels. Idk how Asian got their conclusion from but every Cinderella related novels/manga they wrote is bad and slutty. I.e. Delivery Cinderella.

delorz likes this.
  3. CharLok

CharLok Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooohh seems interesting, I'm a sucker for fairy tales!!

4. Neko

Neko (=^・ ω ・^=) ♪

Reading List:
    Link
    AAaaaa the illustration is by Aki..!! It'd be interesting to get a teaser of this series

Claire Lilly and sinyueliang like this.
  5. Ilinox

Ilinox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Skimmed the first three chapters or so because the book is pretty dense and, looking at how it has seven volumes, I think this is a lot like the antique shop LN where it's mystery-ish and episodic stories about the shoes and their owners.

In the LN the shoes that the male lead collects actually all have magical powers. He's collecting them to seal them because that's the duty of the descendants of "Cinderella", who wasn't a very nice person apparently. History painted her to be a good queen but turns out she received these magic shoes from a magician to use for revenge against her family; she also used the shoes to get her into the royal palace and to become queen (oh, btw, in the present time of the story, magicians are hard to find and people with magic too). She ended up being chased out of the palace and confined in an old castle to die but, before she did, apparently she helped the magician spread these magical shoes everywhere (?).

After Cinderella's death, the Dissent family was given the title of Earl because the royal family needed them to collect all the magical shoes and seal them away because they're powerful and cursed to make their owners unhappy one day. Heroine's mother died in an accident (she was part of a... theater group I think?) and all the heroine has is one red shoe that her mother treasured. The shoe keeps on dancing if no one is looking at it and the heroine wants the spell to be broken since it's the last thing she has of her mother.

When she meets the male lead though, he goes to seal the red shoe because it's dangerous and in a small scuffle between the two, the heroine breaks one of his seals or something. He ends up making the heroine work at his shop to pay him back for breaking one of his seals.

I didn't feel much for the two leads in the three chapters. Heroine is very shy, like the summary says, and startles at everything. Male lead is very curt and business-like. It's probably going to be a slow burn romance. A very slow burn.

I think MTL is possible; the language isn't hard per se but there's chunks of text. And lots of shoe descriptions too LOL.

6. sinyueliang

sinyueliang 『World Traveller』『Demon Slayer』『Hinokami』

Reading List:
    Link
    Liking just for Aki's cover art. *Aki fangirl is present*

Claire Lilly likes this.
  7. Claire Lilly

Claire Lilly ~Fairy of the Moon Blossom~

Reading List:
    Link
    I just love the Cinderella fairy tale! And I love magical shoes! Also the synopsis sounds interesting. Please someone pick this up! For this reason, as always I will try to provide a raws sample first.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  8. zcorpio

zcorpio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hope someone picks this up!