Novel Rebirth of the Entertainment Giant

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Shadowdome, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Shadowdome

Shadowdome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 38: True Love

Zhang Xiaohua thought for a long time, but in the end he couldn't remember who this Mary was, but he could see that Yuan Datong attached great importance to this girl, otherwise he wouldn't be so generous as to give her half a million. Even the loan slip wasn't written, he just gave her the money straightforwardly.

According to Zhang Xiaohua's speculation, this girl couldn't be anything good sister, or why would she ask to borrow money as soon Yuan Datong got 1 million.

It seemed that things weren't simple!

Afraid that Yuan Datong was deceived, Zhang Xiaohua had to remind him of what he was doing. Otherwise, he might just get conned for half a goddamn million.

However, in order to avoid embarrassment, Zhang Xiaohua did not directly ask Yuan Datong about this Mary, but euphemistically sets up his words: "Big head. You wouldn't be raising a woman outside? So, do you like women or men? If you had to choose one, would you choose Mary, or me?"

Hearing this, Yuan Datong couldn't help but laugh out, but a moment later, he seriously said, "I don't have time to joke with you. Mary is waiting for me to send her the money."

Zhang Xiaohua immediately pulled down his face and put his arms on his chest and continued to speak: "You mean, in your heart, Mary is more important than me?"

"That's obvious. I worked so hard to convince Mary to be my girlfriend. You don't know about this, but I started to like her when I was in junior high school. Unfortunately, she moved houses after graduating from junior high school. I thought that I would never see her again, yet I did not expect that she would be the one to contact me. She also said that she would like to be my girlfriend."

At this point, Yuan Datong's face was covered with happy smiles and he stupidly enjoyed himself for a while. He continued to say, "She promised me before she went to study in the United States, saying that when she graduated from school, she would marry me. For me, she also deliberately gave up her favourite major and chose to study music production in order to help me take care of the studio in the future. But now she does not know that the studio has been changed to a company. I decided to not tell her yet. When she returns, I will give her a surprise."

After hearing this, Zhang Xiaohua finally got a clue.

It seemed that this Mary should be a big girlfriend, and Zhang Xiaohua was even more certain that this was absolutely not simple, because even a fool could imagine it. One was a poor musician, the other was a college student studying abroad. Her family's situation could be clearly seen by the fact that she could afford to study abroad, their life conditions were worlds apart. If both of them could develop a relationship, unless there was true love between them, then she must be scheming against him.

What made Zhang Xiaohua feel helpless was that if this woman said anything, Datong would believe her instantly, he would never even bother to consider her motives, he only ever saw the best in everyone.

Maybe that Mary didn't go to study abroad at all. She just opened an account in a foreign bank and used an excuse to deceive him for his money. This wouldn't be the first time someone did so, he had heard thousands of such stories back on Earth.

"Of course I know, you love Mary, but you don't need to give her so much in one go..." Zhang Xiaohua reminded him in good faith.

Yuan Datong was not happy. He understood the meaning behind his words. This kid was doing nothing more than calling his Mary a fraud. However, Mary was a girlfriend who had been in office for more than two years, yet this kid actually wanted him to treat her like a criminal.

Yuan Datong was frustrated he gave Zhang Xiaohua a glance and said: "Can you not associate all the girls with Cao Feifei? Mary is not that kind of person. I know her and I believe she will pay me back sooner or later."

Saying this, Yuan Datong's eyes were a little different, while staring at Zhang Xiaohua he said, "Brother don't be influenced by Cao Feifei, not all women are the same okay. I think you should see a psychiatrist, okay? You can't allow her to traumatise you.

"..."

Zhang Xiaohua felt frustrated, he kindly reminded this idiot, but in the end he wasn't appreciated and this kid even poured salt into his wounds.

No wonder everyone says that 'love is blind'!

Obviously this guy was already blinded by love!

"I'm too lazy to bother with you anymore." Zhang Xiaohua simply gave up, and at this moment, Yuan Datong had already sent the money to Marry's account. Even if Zhang Xiaohua wanted to stop him, it was too late.

"It's useless. We often tried to persuade him over the past two years. He just doesn't listen. All the time, no matter what demand that 'Mary' has, he will try to meet. It can be said that Marry basically lives off him. There is no way, Yuan Big Brother is too loyal. I really do not know whether to say if this is his strength or weakness." Emma looked helplessly at Yuan Datong and whispered to Zhang Xiaohua.

"It doesn't matter, truth can't be hidden forever. When he realises, he will turn his back on her. Not to mention that the world is not without true love. Maybe this Mary really does have feelings for him. In the end, we can only wait and see and be there for him." Zhang Xiaohua said with a smile.

"True, it can only be this way." Emma nodded helplessly.

" Go inform Wang Jingwen that the money she deserves has been sent into her account, ask her to check it and tell her to come record the songs." Zhang Xiaohua suddenly told Emma.

"Songs?" Hearing this, not only Emma, but Yuan Datong and the rest all became spirited and gathered around Zhang Xiaohua.

"Did you really write thirteen songs?" Yuan Datong's face was astonished, waiting for Zhang Xiaohua to answer.

Zhang Xiaohua nodded and gave a positive answer.

Zhang Xiaohua was not idle this month. Almost every day he was desperately using his brain, trying to recall all the songs of Faye Wong.

Realising the difficulty with which he struggled, he immediately started to record all his memories of popular songs, movies, tv shows, and anything he thought could be useful the future, just in case he forgot. As for those he couldn't remember clearly, like movies as he naturally couldn't recall perfectly every actor's lines, but he knew the plots and main scenes, he planned in the future to either hire writers to complete them following his guidance or to just directly find the original owners of the works and give them the 'inspiration' for the story so they could complete it for him.

But that was all in the future, for now he had successfully written the lyrics for thirteen songs last night. Recently, he had learned how to compose and as such, he also composed instrumentals for the songs.

They were called :

Red Star

Legend

Empty City

Turkeywood

Hypnosis

Oath

Laughter

I Am Willing

Channel

Wings of Light

Flower

Halfway

Moon Time

These thirteen songs, plus the previous seven songs, meant they would have twenty songs, enough capital to host a concert.

However, before the concert, they had to first record, after all, selling records brought in a lot of income, this was an opportunity to make more money and Zhang Xiaohua naturally would not let go.

2. Shadowdome

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 39: Different Tastes

At the computer, Zhang Xiaohua opened his private e-mail and printed off a sample of the songs he had prepared the previous night. He made six copies and handed them over to Yuan Datong.

Everyone believed Zhang Xiaohua this time as he had not bragged before. He really wrote thirteen songs and not only that, he actually indicated the score of each song's lyrics.

Everyone scrutinised the lyrics and the corresponding music scores and the results were all awe-inspiring.

All thirteen songs had different styles, which included; rock, cheerful, sentimental, and pop, and they were no worse than the previous seven songs.

A variety of genres would bring different listening effects to different fans. Adding these songs to the concert was definitely not a problem.

"Boss, are you really human? How did you write thirteen songs in such a short time? Every lyric is so perfect. It is incredible!" Emma opened her eyes wide, her star-shaped pupils flickered and trembled. Deep in her heart, there was an urge to worship him.

"Generally speaking, genius wouldn't be enough to describe me, you guys need not be afraid of not having enough songs, because there is me." Zhang Xiaohua was just being plain shameless.

However, his words were like a gentle dawn, leading them to see unlimited hope, everyone was thoroughly convinced by him.

"Xiaohua, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have doubted your ability. You can rest assured that no matter what you say, I will believe it. The final word will always be yours!" After that, Yuan Datong looked down, as if ashamed to face Zhang Xiaohua.

Yuan Datong had laughed at Zhang Xiaohua, who calling him mentally ill last month. He didn't believe that he could actually create thirteen songs in a row.

He did not expect him to create a miracle again today!

"All of you are like family to me, there is no need to apologise." Zhang Xiaohua smiled indifferently and said, "We have a lot to do so don't blame me for being harsh. I'm giving you all two weeks and then I want to see all thirteen songs recorded. Is this an issue?"

"Absolutely not a problem!"

Everyone responded in unison with the fullest enthusiasm, they had acted like Zhang Xiaohua had just gave them a military command!

"I will go call Wang Jingwen," said Emma.

The others rushed to the recording studio on the second floor, picked up a good instrument, and started to practice from the scoresheets.

"Damn it, who does that kid think he is. If it wasn't for me singing so well, even if you can create more songs, then what can you do? Damn you, just wait, one day you will beg to lick this grandmother's shoes. Sooner or later, I will make you regret everything!"

At the same time, Wang Jingwen was shouting around her villa like a mental patient, all her grudges had accumulated in her heart and she concentrated it on Zhang Xiaohua.

At this point, she had been "sheltered" by Zhang Xiaohua for more than a month. Zhang Xiaohua made her stay at home all day and not only did he forbid her from going out, he did not allow her to interact with her fans on the Internet. She was not allowed to even eat anything. She had to drink her own saliva.

For Wang Jingwen, this kind of life was simply torture.

Although Wang Jingwen did not go out, she also understood the outside world through the internet.

She knew that she became a national superstar with millions of supporters. Therefore, according to her view, her status today meant that she was fully qualified to discuss conditions with Zhang Xiaohua and change her contract terms.

Actually, it wasn't enough for her to stay with HuaXiang anymore, she wanted to swap companies while she was still popular. As she believed that once this news came out, many entertainment companies would come to her to offer new contracts and they would definitely be better than HuaXiang Entertainment. Of course, she also knew that those big companies would give her more abundant conditions, more abundant than HuaXiang Entertainment, at least.

With the decision in mind, Wang Jingwen was about to call Zhang Xiaohua to have a showdown. Unexpectedly, just as she took out her cell phone, the phone began to ring.

As she saw the company's number, Wang Jingwen was angered. The grievances she held for a long time broke out.

She pressed the answer button and was about to start a showdown with the other party, but she had heard Emma's voice suddenly ringing: "Wang Jingwen, the boss told me to tell you that your record has been sold out, and the dividend you deserved has already been remitted. Go check your account and then come to the company, the boss has tailor-made thirteen songs for you and each song is a classic!"

Hearing this remark, Wang Jingwen swallowed her unspoken words. Feeling bemused, she thought she was very fortunate for holding her tongue for a second, or else...

However, Wang Jingwen didn't care about how Zhang Xiaohua had created thirteen songs in a row, because in her mind, no matter what Zhang Xiaohua did, she naturally deserved it. After all, she was the only contracted singer they had.

Now she only cared about the concert that Zhang Xiaohua had promised her.

A concert was the dream of every singer, it was also the proof of a singer's strength. Therefore, Wang Jingwen only wanted to prove her strength so that her own reputation would become bigger and bigger. Only in this way, would those big companies be willing to pay more attention to her and pay for her contract termination fee of 15 million RMB. Plus, in the negotiations she would have more chips to bargain with.

"I know." After a cold sentence to Emma, Wang Jingwen hung up and then went to the computer to open the online banking app to check her account.

Seeing the 3 million in her account, Wang Jingwen didn't feel the slightest bit happy, she felt that she could have gained more benefits based on her current popularity, if she didn't have such a ruthless contract.

Today, as a popular singer with millions of fans, she only earned 3 million. This was really nothing for the current Wang Jingwen, she saw the money as an insult to her.

"Well, if you don't create a proper concert, this grandmother will certainly not hesitate to leave your broken company. I will play along with your game, but we will soon see who will have the final laugh."

After she muttered to herself, Wang Jingwen went to the dressing table to dress up. Regardless of the severe warnings from Zhang Xiaohua, she applied; foundation, lipstick, eye shadow, perfume, and put on jewellery. She dressed herself like a showpiece and she wanted to see how amazed Zhang Xiaohua would be. She was very confident that he would be infuriated, and that he wouldn't be able do much to her. After all, he needed her for the concert and Emma had just said on the phone that the thirteen songs were tailor-made just for her. So, she was not afraid that Zhang Xiaohua would not allow her to sing and if he did fire her, all the better, as she could just look for a new company.

After that, she went to pick out an ultra-sexy high cross cheongsam and put it on, deliberately exposing her beautiful pair of legs. Even a bra was not worn.

After she dressed up and felt satisfied with everything, Wang Jingwen finally walked out of the house and headed slowly to HuaXiang Entertainment.

It wasn't until two in the afternoon, Wang Jingwen walked into the company with no hesitation.

Because she was dressed so slutty, which contrasted hugely with the image in the music video, she had received a lot of glances along the way and no one seemed to recognise her.

Just by entering the company's door, Wang Jingwen's strong smell of perfume dispersed around the room. Even Yuan Datong, who was in the recording studio on the second floor, could clearly feel the unique smell of perfume, which seriously stimulated everyone's senses. Their noses became very uncomfortable.

As they followed the fragrance, the crowd came downstairs collectively and they immediately fixed their eyes on it's source. They were all shocked by the sight.

It was just that everyone looked at her for a long time. Who was this bright and unconstrained woman in front of them?

Wang Jingwen looked at everyone and ignored Zhang Xiaohua. She walked through the crowd slowly to the recording studio on the second floor. It was a full-blown disdain.

"I'm not mistaken, right? Was that Wang Jingwen just now?" Emma asked, as she looked at Wang Jingwen's back.

"The perfume is very similar to the one she wore when we first saw her. Her dress on the other hand is even more exaggerated though!"

"I couldn't recognise her at all!"

"Didn't boss tell her not dress up like that? How could she…?"

Several people at this point, all turned to Zhang Xiaohua.

Zhang Xiaohua was sitting on the chair behind his desk. He looked very calm and he wasn't the slightest bit angry with Wang Jingwen. Instead, he was very pleased.

In Zhang Xiaohua's opinion, the fact that Wang Jingwen could change her image so easily was great. After all, her 'pure' image would eventually become boring and then produce an aesthetic fatigue to her fans.

Nowadays, people paid more attention to packaging and innovation. Just like food, repeatedly eating the same meal day in and day out, even if it was delicious, would become tiring and tasteless if done for a long time.

The same was true for stars, different styles must be changed over time to cater to the tastes of different audiences. Otherwise, even if the star was perfect, they would not be accepted by the public. In terms of food, Wang Jingwen's change would be comparable to changing from sweet to spicy.

"Boss, Wang Jingwen, she..."

"Leave her alone. Your most important task now is to hurry up and record the songs. Go quickly."

"Oh."

Emma spoke a few words and went to the recording studio with the others.

"Xiaohua, you wrote so many songs at once and you must be tired. I think you should go home and rest." Yuan Datong looked at Zhang Xiaohua earnestly and said with concern.

Speaking of the workload, Zhang Xiaohua did indeed have a busy schedule. He had written and composed the scores for the songs and he also had to direct the music video and in the future, he would also need to arrange the concert.

In comparison, Yuan Datong felt that he was inferior to him.

Unprecedented!

3. Shadowdome

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 40: Gradual

An IOU is a written promise to repay a debt owed. The document recognises a legally binding relationship between two parties — a Lender and a Borrower.

In fact, Zhang Xiaohua was really tired for the past two months. Although he had many memories of his past lives in his mind, he was not a God. He was just an individual, every time he had to spend hours sifting through his brain, going through songs from Earth.

A human being's memory was very limited and it was impossible to remember everything in the past. Therefore, Zhang Xiaohua spent a lot of brain cells recently.

In addition, during the period they were filming the music video for Wang Jingwen, Zhang Xiaohua was acquainted with black and white, working overtime day and night, and constantly running about as the director. It was hard work but finally he saw the fruits of his labour, making everyone a millionaire.

For this reason, Yuan Datong was deeply touched, but he did not know what else he could do for Zhang Xiaohua. So he only allowed him to go home and rest well.

Zhang Xiaohua waved his hand and showed a slight smile on his tired face: "It's not just me who is struggling but you too, and there is also Sparrow. They are the same."

Speaking of the company Sparrow, Zhang Xiaohua was stunned for a little while, seemingly remembering something important.

Suddenly in a rush, he picked up the phone and called Zhou Yi's mobile phone. After connecting:

"Hello Zhou, yes, it's me Zhang Xiaohua. To make a long story short, I am calling cause I have got an offer for you, if I invest a million and help you upgrade your equipment sets, can you make 700,000 records in a month?"

On the other side, Zhou Yi thought for a moment and then said: "If I can introduce a few new equipment, I think it should be no problem. To tell the truth, we do not have shortages of manpower or technical staff, the real issue is the hardware equipment. "

Zhang Xiaohua patted his thighs and happily said, "Okay, I'll send one million over and you guys can get ready to start. I'm recording the songs for Wang Jingwen now, and I'm going to have to trouble you again after finishing the recording of the songs, we will need to shoot a couple music videos. During this time, updated your equipment as soon as possible."

Zhou Yi was ecstatic, but he was honest he planed to give Zhang Xiaohua an IOU. After all, one million was not a small number. Then he said: "Boss Zhang, I thank you for being willing to lend us money to upgrade our equipment. I'll drive over and give you an IOU slip."

Zhang Xiaohua smirked and said: "It's not much trouble. I'll directly transfer the money to you. We are not outsiders, there is no need to sign an IOU."

Zhou Yi was very impressed and grateful that Zhang Xiaohua would trust himself so much, but he absolutely could not accept the million in such a way.

For matters related to money, it was still necessary to make things clear, so that everyone could rest assured.

What's more, this was a million, not a thousand or two, carelessness could not be tolerated.

"I shall still give you an IOU, so you can feel comfortable in your heart, you will rest assured." Zhou Yi insisted.

"It's better to be like this, this one million will be my investment, anyway, our company will develop for a long time, there will be many records to be made in the future, we can not allow the money to flow outside of the family, and let others earn, it is better to let you earn my brother.

Actually, If you are willing, I would love to become an investor. As for the position, you can easily arrange one." Zhang Xiaohua said seriously, but after a closer look, one would find that on his mouth was hanging a slight smirk, although not very obvious, it was clearly seen by Yuan Datong.

"Brother Zhang is willing to invest in our company?" across the phone came the surprised voice of Zhou Yi.

He used to go out and attempt to attract investment, but he never had any success. The reason was very simple: No investors were optimistic about this small company established in the countryside.

However, now that Zhang Xiaohua wanted to invest 1 million in one go, Zhou Yi was really taken aback. However, if they managed to establish a long-term cooperative relationship with HuaXiang Entertainment, the company would inevitably benefit a lot in the future, after all, Zhang Xiaohua's ability were god like. He let Sparrow earn more than four million in just two months, which was enough to prove his ability was a force to be reckoned with.

For a long time, he still did not hear Zhou Yi give a reply. Zhang Xiaohua's spoke quietly try to get a feel for his reaction: "Does brother not welcome me? I only want a few shares in return? If this is the case, then do not worry, just say so I will not make things difficult for Brother Zhou."

"No... no, that's not it, please don't misunderstand." Zhou Yi hurried to give an explanation, not hesitating to promise: "Of course Brother Zhang can invest in our company, it shows that you have trust in us, why would we reject"

"Well, that's great, we'll set it up. I'll transfer the money to you now. You will need to give me a copy of the proof of holdings."

"Okay, I'll go to a lawyer later and work out a document. If there are no issues, I'll send it to you tomorrow."

"Okay, goodbye!"

As he hung up the phone, Zhang Xiaohua immediately sent the one million to Sparrow's account, after the completion of the event, the smile on his face was even more brilliant, he broke into an evil laugh filled with seemingly malicious intentions.

At this time, Yuan Datong took the first two steps and stretched his head to look at Zhang Xiaohua, who was smirking, and asked: "What kind of trick are you playing, Xiao Hua?"

Zhang Xiaohua was slightly shocked, he had completely forgotten Datong was still there.

As sworn brothers, Zhang Xiaohua did not want to hide his ideas from Yuan Datong, but he did not directly explain it, saying euphemistically: "I call it the 'assimilation strategy.' The purpose is to build a record company of our own."

Yuan Datong scowled and fretted. For a moment, he opened his eyes and looked like a simmering pot, his anger seemed like it was about to overflow. "So you want to swallow Sparrow little by little and make it our own company?"

Zhang Xiaohua hearing his words, was stunned looking at Datong.

When did he get so smart!?

After rejecting the thought of deceiving Datong, Zhang Xiaohua gave in and nodded his head.

After all, eventually he would carry out his plan anyway and he would all notice his actions, rather than deceive him, it was better to own up and attempt to convince him now.

Yuan Datong suddenly realised that he had finally understood why Zhang Xiaohua had rejected the three major record companies. Originally, this kid talked to him about wanting to create a record company of his own, and it seemed he planned to use Sparrow Records as his base. With this as a base frame it would save a lot of trouble and in the future, as long as they slowly put money into it, it would eventually become a powerful record company.

Simply put, Zhang Xiaohua took a fancy to the company and wanted to take them for himself.

What a great move!

However, Zhou Yi was a honest individual and a rare friend. There were still so many people in the village who depended on him, but Zhang Xiaohua actually wanted to rob him of the company for his own selfish gain. A company he had put his blood, sweat and tears into building from the ground up.

When did he become so ruthless and conniving?

Thinking of this, Yuan Datong's face suddenly became dark as he persuaded: "Xiao Hua, let's not behave like this. Zhou Yi worked so hard to create such a company and I'm sure there are many villagers who depend on him. You would be taking away all of his painstaking efforts. How do you think those villagers will see you"

Zhang Xiaohua shook his head and smiled helplessly, he explaining:

"Even if Sparrow becomes ours in the future, we can still make Zhou Yi a general manager and the villagers can continue to work in the factory."

"I will not force Zhou Yi to sell the company to me. I want him to willingly let me take over the company. Besides, do you think that Sparrow would be more promising under the management of Zhou Yi, or under me?"

This time, Yuan Datong did not hesitate to express his words directly: "Of course under you. I believe you, if Sparrow Company is under your management, it will certainly get better and better. After all, you have proved us your talent."

"I can not only guarantee that Sparrow Records will have great achievements, but also that Zhou Yi and the villagers will have no trouble eating and drinking."

Yuan Datong was speechless at this time, because what Zhang Xiaohua said made sense. Yuan Datong could not find a reason to stop him. Influenced by Zhang Xiaohua, Yuan Datong even had some expectation and hoped Zhang Xiaohua could acquire it as soon as possible. Sparrow Records would then be set up as a record company belonging to HuaXiang Entertainment.

"What is your opinion?" Zhang Xiaohua asked with a smile.

Yuan Datong shook his head and erected a thumbs-up, saying with admiration: "Brother, I really do admire you. Whatever you say later, I will do."

"Oh, good. You are to go and record the songs for Wang Jingwen. Remember, within two weeks, you must complete the production. While Wang Jingwen is still popular, we can't afford to waste time. Time is money." Zhang Xiaohua got up and went towards the door.

"Where are you going?" seeing Zhang Xiaohua about to go out, Yuan Datong asked curiously. Now, every action of Zhang Xiaohua made Yuan Datong have a great deal of curiosity. He wanted to know what this kid was going to do next.

"First I need to go to the tax bureau to check some things, and then I'll head to New Century, check out the accounts and get my money from the Cao's." Zhang Xiaohua said.

"Are you going to find Cao Dequan to settle the bill?" Yuan Datong's spirit was stirred: "Do you want me to accompany you? In case of a fight, I can lay down some moves. Maybe I can help you sneak attack that old b******."

"No need, there are still many things here for you to finish, I can do it myself." Zhang Xiaohua waved his hand to Yuan Datong and went out to call a taxi.

Zhang Xiaohua got into the taxi, heading straight for the tax bureau.

4. Shadowdome

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 41: Retribution

At the Tax Office, Zhang Xiaohua found a staff member, then in his capacity as a shareholder of New Century Entertainment, asked to check the tax revenue of New Century in order to determine their turnover.

The staff verified Zhang Xiaohua's identity. After which, he printed of the tax records for the last three months and handed it over to Zhang Xiaohua.

Returning to the car, Zhang Xiaohua looked at the items and found that New Century Entertainment Co. Ltd. was involved in many business areas. Apart from being active in the entertainment industry, it also owned a lot of karaoke bars, hotels, and real estate businesses. The average monthly tax payment already reached 17.5 million RMB.

Zhang Xiaohua counted it and multiplied it by the corporate tax rate of 25%. That was to say, New Century Entertainment's monthly profit should amount to approximately 70 million, while he alone accounted for four percent of the company's shares.

So even after personal income tax, he should have received a net profit of about 1 million yuan. However, this time he only got a dividend of 30,000 yuan.

Zhang Xiaohua was in good spirits, so he started the car, stepped on the gas pedal and went straight to the headquarters of New Century, it was time to get some revenge.

Located in the conference room of New Century Entertainment's headquarters, both senior executives and shareholders of the company sat in a meeting.

Naturally, Cao Dequan presided over the meeting, but his face was not looking good at this moment. His forehead was full of black lines and his eyes were bloodshot. Sharp eyes like that of a fierce beast swept over everyone's body. Each person, without exception, shuddered and bowed their heads, fearing to maintain eye contact with him, making the atmosphere look extremely dignified.

In the end, Cao Dequan locked his eyes on Manager Xu's body. His face became livid as if he could not wait to smash the Manager's Xu into a corpse!

The topic of the conference was somewhat related to Manager Xu because it involved HuaXiang Entertainment, and the last person to negotiate with HuaXiang was Manager Xu.

Manger Xu's real name was Xu Fengnian and he was 40 years old. He had worked in the company for nearly 20 years devoting almost all of the best time and youth of his life to the company. He was definitely a veteran and could be regarded as one of the founding fathers of the company, even when Zhang Xiaohua's father was alive, he would also politely call him a Manager Xu.

At this time, not only Cao Dequan's but also Cao Feifei's face were coloured in anger, there was no signs of respect for Manager Xu, completely regarding him as an ineffective staff member.

Bang!

Suddenly, Cao Feifei patted the table, breaking the atmosphere of the conference room, and screamed: "Xu Fengnian, why did you not tell me last time? That their company's boss was that waste Zhang Xiaohua? Don't you dare tell me you didn't know."

Indeed, after returning from HuaXiang last time, Manager Xu really had concealed Zhang Xiaohua's identity from them, he didn't want the Cao family to suppress him so as not to affect Zhang Xiaohua's entrepreneurship, which was a thank you gift in return for his father's care in the past.

Now, Zhang Xiaohua had made a name for himself and HuaXiang Entertainment became famous in the industry. Therefore, Manager Xu's deed could also be considered a meritorious one, he felt that no matter how the Cao's retaliated against him, he would have no complaints, he had stuck to his integrity and that was enough for him.

However, it was precisely because of Xu's report that Cao Dequan lost the opportunity to kill off his opponent.

Had Manager Xu told him the truth, with the strength and influence of Cao Dequan, he would have easily been able to erase Zhang Xiaohua and HuaXiang while they were still in the cradle.

But nowadays, HuaXiang was well-known. Zhang Xiaohua's name was known to everybody and widely regarded as the youngest music producer in history. Seen as the hope of Huaxia's music scene, after all, his strength had played a massive role in propelling Wang Jingwen to the top.

What was more worth mentioning was that under the packaging and promotion of Zhang Xiaohua, Wang Jingwen had become popular all over the country and her album [Hearts Emotions] had brought an unprecedented hearing feast to the people of the country, but it was also a major blow to all the other companies resulting in pressure being built on the major entertainment companies to reply with something even better. Of course, this included New Century as well.

Cao Dequan, as chairman of the board of directors, had to come up with a solution, but he had no idea of what to do. So, in the end, he decided to shift the blame to Manager Xu. Plus, this would allow him to get rid of the traitor and warn the others.

When criticised by Cao Feifei, Manager Xu just lowered his head and remained silent. He said that he had nothing to say because he understood this Cao father and daughter and believed that no matter what he said, today this Cao family would find a way to expel him.

Sure enough, at this time, Cao Dequan's icy and merciless voice suddenly sounded:

"As the highest executive in the business department, Xu Fengnian was in charge of securing this deal. But instead, he helped outsiders deal with his own company. The consequences of his actions made the company lose a major share of its influence. Manager Xu's approach is tantamount to complicity selling this company out and he is inequitable. So I hereby remove all of Xu's managerial duties, as chairman, and expel him from the company."

Having said this, Cao Dequan once again glanced at the current crowd. His gloomy voice sounded: "I wonder if anyone present here has any disagreements with my handling of the situation?"

The other senior executives shook their head vigorously to show their agreement with his decision.

In fact, everyone here was the same as Manager Xu, all old people with with large families relying on their jobs at this company to eat, so even if they were interested in helping Manager Xu by saying a few good words, they did not have the guts to risk their own rice bowls to help.

The shareholders sat calmly as if watching a show, displaying disregard for Cao Dequan but they still did not interfere with his decision. Plus, in the eyes of these shareholders, profit was the most important thing, as long as they got their shares of the profit, who was willing to take risks to offend Cao Dequan for a small manager?

Xu Fengnian never said a word. At the moment, he just stood up silently and then reluctantly glanced around the room that had accompanied him for nearly 20 years. He had lost all enthusiasm to stay any longer a long time ago but forced himself to, but now… he just strode out the meeting room.

In order to destroy all of Xu Fengnian's face, Cao Feifei immediately picked up the phone and said: "The Security Department, its Cao Feifei. Send a few guys and keep an eye on Xu Fengnian, do not give him the opportunity to steal confidential company info. If the company loses anything, I will come looking for you."

Soon, four uniformed guards hurried to Xu Fengnian's office and watched him like a thief. They waited for him to tidy up his personal belongings before sending him out the company.

In the conference room:

At this time, Cao Dequan made a sly wink at Cao Feifei. Cao Feifei noticed and gently nodded and turned to the executives who were sitting beside her:

"I want to know how you plan on stealing Wang Jingwen from HuaXiang. You discuss first, then give me a plan."

They started immediately discussing with each other...

A short while later, an executive and proposed: "Wang Jingwen signed an agreement with our company two years ago. It can be said that our company is her old owner. As far as I know, Wang Jingwen had always wanted to return to our company. However, now that she is popular, it is somewhat difficult to get her back. But this woman has two shortcomings, one is vanity and the second is she is too ambitious. So, I think that if we are willing to spend the money, and promise to promote her into a international star. She should be willing to jump ship."

Another executive immediately added: "Yes, I also heard about it. HuaXiang has always been relying on Wang Jingwen alone, as long as Wang Jingwen leaves. They will fall apart if we just apply a bit of pressure."

Cao Feifei was delighted. In her view, if it could be solved with money, it wasn't really an issue then.

An executive then spoke: "Well, I personally think that if general manager came forward and offered the deal to Wang Jingwen, she would definitely give you face and agree."

"If the general manager can personally come forward, then it is for the best!"

"Yeah, general manager is young and Wang Jingwen is also a peer of the same age. Talking about it would be more convenient. I'm very much in agreement with this."

"It seems that general manager has also made meritorious deeds this time."

Everyone hurriedly took the opportunity to flatter her. Looking at this, it was clear that Cao Feifei was enjoying it very much, making the original atmosphere of life and death become filled with joy.

Obviously, she enjoyed the feeling of being praised, and it seemed that she was very much interested in excavating Wang Jingwen.

She turned to Cao Dequan and saw his face covered with anger. Cao Feifei immediately looked back at the crowd and suddenly everyone was quiet. Cao Feifei whispered, "Daddy, do you have anything else to say?"

At this moment, Cao Dequan was full of hatred towards Zhang Xiaohua, when he thought of Zhang Xiaohua's hateful face, he wished take a full swing at him.

Thinking again of Zhang Xiaohua's "I want you to have nothing" oath. Cao Dequan's innermost feelings were of inexplicable fear, especially after seeing his sudden success.

In order not to let Zhang Xiaohua's oath come true, Cao Dequan wanted to kill him off in the cradle. Like everyone else, Cao Dequan also naively thought that as long as Wang Jingwen was gone, HuaXiang would collapse, it would be like killing two birds with a single stone.

In order to make up his mind, Cao Dequan suddenly made a serious face and decisively ordered Cao Feifei: "No matter what method is used or how much money is spent, I must have Wang Jingwen as soon as possible. This matter must be successful, there should not be any mistakes. Otherwise, even if your my daughter, I will not tolerate it!"

"I know Daddy, you can rest assured." Cao Feifei confidently promised, and then turned to the people present here: "As soon as possible find a way for me to contact Wang Jingwen, tell her that New Century's general manager has something important to discuss with her face to face."

"Yes, general manager." The crowd was in full swing and responded in unison.

5. Shadowdome

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 42: Worth It

At this time, Zhang Xiaohua parked the car right in front of the door of New Century. Several security guards saw this and wanted to rush up and stop him, but once they realised it was Zhang Xiaohua, they lost their momentum.

Zhang Xiaohua was the son of the company's former boss, a famous musician and entrepreneur and he also was a shareholder in the company. With these three identities, the security guards didn't dare to mess with him.

As he stood in front of the company, Zhang Xiaohua looked up. It really was a big company, even the building had a high-end atmosphere to it. It was an office building that was 30 stories high, surrounded by blue skies, unimpeded and in a prime location.

For now, he could only squeeze together with Yuan Datong and the others in the minuscule studio, but it did not matter as Zhang Xiaohua was confident that sooner or later he would hang the sign of HuaXiang Entertainment on this building.

After he shuffled into the company's hallway, Zhang Xiaohua walked up and pressed the elevator button. When the elevator door opened, Xu Fengnian stepped out...

Suddenly seeing each other, both of them were slightly stunned, but Xu Fengnian was the first to reveal a friendly smile. He seemed to be happy to see that Zhang Xiaohua was here.

Zhang Xiaohua stared at Xu Fengnian and after he saw that he was holding a cardboard box in his arms and being followed by four security guards, Zhang Xiaohua knew that he was being swept out.

However, Zhang Xiaohua couldn't understand why this man, one of the companies senior executives who, not long ago, represented the company to discuss business with himself, was being expelled today.

After thinking about it, Zhang Xiaohua came to a conclusion: It must have been an order from Cao Dequan. No one else had enough power to drive a veteran employee like him out of the company.

Moreover, Zhang Xiaohua had always wondered why Cao Dequan didn't come find trouble with him, as this was not the style of that old man.

It seemed to be because of this Manager, Cao Dequan would definitely not leave him be if he knew he was the owner of HuaXiang. This manager had clearly recognised him at the time, so he must have withheld this information from Cao Dequan, earning them time. Otherwise, with New Century suppressing them, even he could not guarantee that the success they had with Wang Jingwen would be possible.

In this case, he would also need to thank Manager Xu!

Moreover, since he was swept out by Cao Dequan, it showed that Cao Dequan treated him as an enemy, and as the ancient proverb goes,

As he thought of this, Zhang Xiaohua smiled back at him, but not in the same way he did when he first met Xu Fengnian. This time, Zhang Xiaohua's smile contained obvious respect, with none of the former ridicule.

"Uncle Xu, what's the matter?" asked Zhang Xiaohua, calling to him.

Xu Fengnian smiled awkwardly, in his eyes, a faint tear seemed to be forming.

Had this situation not happened, Xu Fengnian would have been able to retire gloriously in just a few years. In the future, by relying on his retirement funds, his family would be guaranteed the most basic protection, they would at least be safeguarded from hunger.

But now, he was removed by Cao Dequan for making a mistake and according to company regulations, his pension would also be cancelled. For this reason, Xu Fengnian inevitably worried about his future, he didn't care about his own situation, but there was still many people in the family who relied on him to eat.

Even if he wanted to go out looking for a good job to maintain their livelihood in the future, he presumed that other companies would not accept him. The reason was very simple: At the present moment, there was no entertainment company in this country that would dare to face Cao Dequan and hire someone who was expelled by him.

Understanding this, Manager Xu shook his head helplessly and stepped out of the elevator under the "security escort" of four security guards and at this moment, he said only a few words to Zhang Xiaohua: "Oh, Xiaohua, all you can do for me is already done. This is my repayment for your father's care and from now on, Uncle Xu hopes that you can look after yourself and continue growing in the future. If you can remain low-key at this point, I advise you to do so. I think you should understand what I mean."

After that, Xu Fengnian was about to leave, but he heard Zhang Xiaohua suddenly ask, "Does Uncle Xu have any interest in doing business for my company?"

When Xu Fengnian heard this, he fell into contemplation.

"Of course, we are still just a small company, however... if Uncle Xu can give me face and agree to guide my juniors, I can pay Uncle a monthly salary of 100,000 yuan, it's not much but..."

Xu Fengnian was surprised. He never expected that Zhang Xiaohua would be so generous.

A monthly salary of 100,000 yuan although it could not be compared to New Century's, it was more than enough to maintain his livelihood.

Cao Feifei and Zhang Xiaohua were both young people, but it was clear that the way these two younger generations acted was quite different!

After he thought it over, Xu Fengnian showed a gratified smile on his face. He was very grateful to Zhang Xiaohua for being willing to risk it to help him when he was in danger. However, Xu Fengnian really did not know what he could do to help Zhang Xiaohua, because Zhang Xiaohua's ability already outweighed many people and the birth of that superstar was already proof of his strength.

"Xiaohua, ah, Uncle Xu is very grateful to you, but I really can't do anything to help you, because you are already amazing. For a monthly salary of one hundred thousand, I really can't accept it." replied Xu Fengnian in a humble way.

"What!?" Zhang Xiaohua looked at Xu Fengnian seriously and raised his voice intentionally, so that everyone nearby could hear what he said:

"With your personal connections in the industry, Uncle Xu is more than worthy of it. In the future, I still have a lot of things that will need the help of Uncle Xu. I also hope that Uncle can rest assured that when the company gets bigger, I promise that Uncle will have a monthly salary of at least one million!"

"This..."

"Don't do this… My company's address, Uncle should remember it. Tomorrow morning, I'll be waiting for you at the door."

Leaving these word behind, Zhang Xiaohua took big strides and got into the elevator. Then,turning back with a smile, he asked Xu Fengnian: "Oh yes, where is that old b****** Cao Dequan?"

"In the conference room." Xu Fengnian spoke involuntarily, and in the midst of it, he appeared to be still contemplating Zhang Xiaohua's offer.

"Oh, thanks!" Zhang Xiaohua smirked, he pressed the elevator button and went straight to the conference room on the top floor.

He was ready to kill...

6. Shadowdome

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 43: Confrontation

Inside the conference room...

At this moment, Cao Feifei was just about to wrap up the meeting, but she inadvertently looked at the door and her face couldn't help but change as she shouted her most hated name: "Zhang Xiaohua!"

Zhang Xiaohua directly ignored the father and daughter duo and entered the conference room.

As he stood before the conference table, Zhang Xiaohua first glanced at the audience and found that except for Cao Dequan and Cao Feifei, he did not have any impression of the rest of them.

It seemed that those former veterans had already been purged by the father and daughter pair.

Once upon a time, this company had been like another branch of his family. But now it just felt strange and foreign to be here...

Shaking his head, Zhang Xiaohua locked his eyes on Xu Fengnian's now empty seat, and that made him feel much happier.

Originally, Zhang Xiaohua wouldn't have a place to sit for himself. This Cao father and daughter certainly did not prepare a seat for him.

Of course, let alone sitting in Xu Fengnian's former seat, as one of the shareholders of this company, Zhang Xiaohua had every right to be in such meetings. Even Cao Dequan could not say anything about this.

Seeing Zhang Xiaohua's arrogance, Cao Feifei got up from her seat while barking at him, her tone full of anger:

"Zhang Xiaohua, who let you in? Don't you see that we are in a meeting? Hurry up and leave before I call security to throw you out."

In the face of Cao Feifei's stern warning, Zhang Xiaohua was unfased, he took out his mobile phone and hushed his head while playing a casual game. He replied to her in a mild tone:

"No one's gonna call security. Unless you wanna see your father in prison, because in that case, I'll be more than happy to oblige and I'll see you guys in court. There we can figure out how many years the judge feels like giving to a chairman of a listed company, who embezzled company dividends from the private shareholders."

This immediately caused an uproar among the shareholders at the scene, they all jumped from their seats and glared at the Cao Dequan. Finally, Zhang Xiaohua turned his attention to Cao Dequan's body.

Cao Feifei's face became pale as paper, but her eyes were still filled with resentment, she stared at Zhang Xiaohua and snorted: "What do you mean, Zhang Xiaohua? How much are your dividends? How much money can you even get? It's not even worth our time! Why would we bother swallowing it?"

"It's worth it, I think it can be seen from the fact that you came to my house and threatened me and my mother into selling these shares to you...? So much for sworn brothers, haha. In fact, why not just ask the other shareholders if it's worth it."

Finishing his words, Zhang Xiaohua turned away from her and fixed his eyes on Cao Dequan's body, as if he could see through his heart. He clearly understood that his every move was causing Cao Dequan to break out into a cold sweat. His panic was obvious to anyone and his guilt was written across his face.

Cao Dequan really couldn't understand, where had this kid gathered so much courage from?

He watched this kid as he was growing up, and according to his understanding of him, even when his father was here to back him up, he wasn't so haughty.

But now, when he no longer had any backing, he actually dared to come to the company to find trouble. With this kind of courage, he really was worthy of being called a second-generation wastrel.

However, no matter what, this was a company and he was the chairman of its board. If he allowed this kid to be so abusive again and again, then he would truly lose all of his face.

Thinking of this, Cao Dequan reluctantly looked up and showed a false smile to Zhang Xiaohua. He pretended to be kind and said: "Oh, Xiaohua, you must have misunderstood Uncle. I have watched you grow up. How could I be scheming against you? You are practically my family and as for last time, I do apologise, but I think we can both agree that we took things too far and said things that we didn't mean."

"I'm not here for your two-faced act, so let's just cut straight to the chase." Zhang Xiaohua was not embarrassed and cut him off saying: "Give me all the dividends that I deserve from last month, and not a penny less. Or we can sort this out in court. But before I go to court, I think it might be necessary to host a press conference and talk to our friends in the media about the methods you use to handle business."

Upon hearing this, Cao Dequan suddenly felt anxious.

With Zhang Xiaohua's current popularity, once he opened a press conference and discredited Cao Dequan in front of the media, both Cao Dequan and New Century would have their reputation tainted. Some of the shareholders would love nothing more than to use this as an excuse to remove him from the chairman position. Especially after hearing about his attempt to buy the remaining shares and become the majority shareholder. While they didn't mind him running the day to day aspect of the business, if he tried to gain full control over it, they would definitely work together with this Zhang Xiaohua to suppress him, then all of his hard work would be wasted.

As for Zhang Xiaohua's threats of getting him sent to jail, he knew he was bluffing, if this was taken to court, at most, he would receive a fine and some bad comments on press media, but with his connections and power he could easily minimise the effects.

However, the shareholders and company executives were on the scene and Cao Dequan couldn't exactly confess that he had swallowed Zhang Xiaohua's shareholder dividends even if he wanted to.

Cao Dequan strived to maintain a friendly attitude and appease Zhang Xiaohua, "I think you have misunderstood Uncle. "Let the accountant send you the rest, how much did you not receive?"

Since this old b***** wanted to play, then he would play with him, anyway he had plenty of time.

He leaned back and slid comfortably against the conference chair. He tilted his head high and said leisurely, "You gave me thirty thousand dollars out of 1 million. Everyone knows that my dad gave you everything. Yet now that my dad is gone, you have finally showed your ungrateful side."

"Zhang Xiaohua, you..." Cao Feifei was suffocated with a snotty, sloppy eye, and she wanted to beat Zhang Xiaohua up. Zhang Xiaohua's calm and shameless appearance was so infuriating!

"What are you doing here? You don't have to accompany me, you know... oh yeah, why aren't you with that Ling Fang?"

Seeing Cao Feifei become triggered, Zhang Xiaohua didn't forget to add some extra salt to her wounds. Cao Feifei was blindsided with anger, her vision became crimson red, so much that the two peaks on her chest heaved up and down. Zhang Xiaohua was enjoying the view very much, he really wanted to reach out and grab one!

After seeing Cao Feifei becoming mad, an executive was stunned. In order to please Cao Feifei, he scolded Zhang Xiaohua: "Zhang Xiaohua, don't think that just because you're the son of the former boss, you can come here and say whatever you want. You said just now that you want to file a lawsuit, right? We can also play that game, as a shareholder of New Century, you actually went and opened a private company outside. Did you know that we can sue you for this?"

"Sue me?" Zhang Xiaohua smiled. "If I remember correctly, according to 'Corporate Law', all shareholders have the right to open their own businesses, of course, unless they have an official position in the company and as far as I'm aware I'm neither the chairman nor the general manager of the company. I'm just a small shareholder. So I'm interested in how you plan to sue me."

The executive immediately blushed like a peach and quietly lowered his head. He wanted to drill legal loopholes to scare Zhang Xiaohua. He also wanted to use the opportunity to impress the Cao father and daughter, but he was wrecked by Zhang Xiaohua.

Cao Dequan and Cao Feifei couldn't help but scrutinise Zhang Xiaohua. They couldn't believe how this former wastrel could become so shrewd and not only open a company but also write songs.

At this moment all the company's senior executives were speechless.

"Come on, stop diverting the topic." Zhang Xiaohua reverted his attention back to Cao Dequan, and said: "No one here is a child. Some things are needless to say. I don't want anymore crap. Give me my money and I will leave immediately. I don't want to stay any longer in this snake nest."

Cao Dequan felt pure hatred in his heart, he had never been so humiliated, but he maintained a smile on the surface, saying with a gentle tone: "Xiaohua, I'll have the accountant send the correct amount to your account. Because last month the company's profit was limited, so only thirty thousand was sent instead. If you don't believe me, then I'll let the accountant get the company's bill of last month."

Here, Cao Dequan winked at the accountant. The accountant was obviously a smart person. After he gave Cao Dequan a certain look, he made his way out of the conference room.

Twenty minutes later, the accountant returned to the conference room and placed the book in his hands in front of Zhang Xiaohua. He immediately cast a look on Cao Dequan and indicated that his task was completed.

When Zhang Xiaohua picked up the accounting book and opened it, he could not help but be dazzled. The dense numbers were like a sky full of stars. Everything could be added, subtracted, multiplied.

Seeing Zhang Xiaohua's face full of fog and confusion, the accountant smiled happily. Not to mention this young man, even some of the professionals from the Bureau of Industry and Commerce may not be able to distinguish between true and false from the numbers.

"The company's turnover last month was a total of 1.5 million yuan. You are owed 4% of the company's share. So, after deducting taxes, you should get 30,000 yuan. So I can prove that you had the correct amount from the shareholders dividends last month. In the past few minutes and in accordance with the chairman's instructions, I have already sent all of the company's account details to your email."

After he listened to the accountant's remarks, Zhang Xiaohua immediately understood that it would be impossible for him to understand this account. Even if he could understand it, he would still be fooled by it.

No wonder the numbers just went on for so long, this turned out to be a fake accounting book. However, the speed of this accountant was surely amazing if he was able to make a falsified account statement in only 20 minutes. It showed Cao Dequan's requirements from his employees and what they were used for, it seemed that this Cao family was even shadier than he thought.

Although everyone on the scene knew that this was a false account report, under Cao Dequan's power no one spoke up. What's more, Cao Dequan was just targeting Zhang Xiaohua. It had nothing to do with them, as long as their own interests were not compromised they were fine with it. But some of the shareholders reminded themselves to keep an eye on that accountant and recheck their books later just in case.

Looking at the indifferent expressions in front of him, Zhang Xiaohua sneaked a sly grin and threw the books on the table. At the same time, he felt that he had played around enough, he took out the tax records from the tax bureau from his pocket.

Bang!

Throwing them on the table and not missing a beat, he questioned: "I wonder if anyone in this room can explain this to me: How did the company pay over 17 million taxes last month, according to the tax rate, when the turnover was only 1.5 million RMB? Cause according to my calculations, you would need around 70 million in turnover before the due tax totals up to 17 million. Since I hold 4% of the shares, according to the ratio of total income, I should get at least 1 million in dividends, so why did I only receive 30,000 yuan?".

7. Shadowdome

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 44: Vipers Nest

No one was capable of replying to Zhang Xiaohua, they all looked to Cao Dequan with suspicion and anxiety, this could become a major scandal if not handled with care. Cao Dequan and Cao Feifei were also surprised. They did not speak for a long time as they were caught off guard by Zhang Xiaohua.

They didn't expect that this kid had already been to the taxation office and could clearly account for the company's assets through taxation. Obviously, he was well prepared and his evidence was quite conclusive.

Zhang Xiaohua looked at the accountant at that time and shook his tax bills, smirking, "It took you half a day's effort to get this useless fake account, and in the end it was not as good as what I got from the tax bureau in two minutes time. What were you talking about earlier? I bet you thought you were so smart, acting all smug."

The straight spine of the accountant had collapsed instantly and his big head was almost buried in his crotch. He was obviously a faceless person.

"What about you guys? Got any more bull**** to say? Or do you want to save that for the press conference?" Zhang Xiaohua was indifferent and chasing.

In the face of Zhang Xiaohua's ambiguity and the skepticism of the shareholders, Cao Dequan could not quibble, his brain turned sharply as he was desperate to find a way out, otherwise he would lose the position as chairman.

If he couldn't even deal with a little boy this time, how would he as chairman of the company convince the public later?

However, Cao Dequan couldn't admit that he had severely deducted Zhang Xiaohua's dividends, at least not in front of the shareholders. Cao Dequan would be forced to step down for falsifying accounts and misappropriating shareholder finances, one of those b****** may just report him as well. After all, this was a legal liability for the company and if the relevant authorities were to follow it up, then everything that Cao Dequan did would be exposed to the general public.

He was stuck between a rock and a hard place, he couldn't afford to be careless.

Cao Feifei suddenly said: "Liu Xiangchao, how could you do such a thing? Forging accounts and even daring to deceive the chairman, it seems you have become daring in your old age, as well as confused."

The accountant cried out without tears, this time he really buried his head into his crotch. Cao Feifei was clearly trying to frame him by placing all the burden on his shoulders. Otherwise, Cao Dequan really might be forced to step down.

After Cao Feifei spoke, Cao Dequan needed no encouragement before jumping onboard to shift the blame. He put on a fierce expression, squinted at the accountant and shouted:

"Liu Xiangchao, how could you commit such a low-level error, now go prepare Xiaohua's money as soon as possible and send it to his account. Furthermore, since this is your mistake, the money will be deducted from your bonuses from now on until it has been repaid."

Cao Dequan got up from his seat and quickly left, as if he was fleeing from something. He stared at Zhang Xiaohua on the way out, with grim eyes, he seemed to be telling him clearly with his eyes. 'This is not over yet!'

However, Zhang Xiaohua did not show any weakness at all and immediately rolled his eyes.

He showed disdain for Cao Dequan and accepted his challenge.

In his mind, Zhang Xiaohua couldn't help but be surprised by the craftiness of this father and daughter duo, they actually managed save their own skins and those last words of Cao Dequan were quite artful. By managing to divert the blame to the accountant while also playing down the severity of the issue by lessening his punishment to just losing his bonus, it was clear that he viewed this accountant as important.

One played the ruthless character, while the other threw out a slight olive branch, what a shrewd family and he couldn't help but acknowledge them both. He thought he had them cornered but damn...

Well played indeed, what a good move...

Soon, Zhang Xiaohua and Cao Feifei were the only ones left in the huge conference room, as all the others had already excused themselves, but the moods of the two people were completely different, one was happy and the other infuriated.

"Why haven't you left?" Cao Feifei held her arms outstretched and stared at Zhang Xiaohua as if he was a thief, she feared that he would steal something.

"What are you so desperate about? You father and daughter actually played such a brilliant move finding someone else to carry the blame. I really must admit that I thought I had you guys there for a second and it's my fault for overlooking such a blatant move. I didn't think you would be so shameless and throw your own employee under the bus. Seems you rule with an iron fist over the company, for now at least...."

Zhang Xiaohua's eyes blinked and looked over Cao Feifei's body. The more he saw this girl, the more he had to admit that although she was evil to the core, she had a perfect figure, it could produce the most unique impulse...

It's a pity that she was rotten.

In the future, they were destined to have only tears and bloodshed between them.

"Zhang Xiaohua, I'll tell you now, don't think that just cause you are holding Wang Jingwen that you have won. You might have won this battle but the war isn't over yet and as for who will win or lose in the end... it's still not decided. What's more, depending on the strength of your broken company, do you actually think that you can fight us now that we know it's you behind the scenes? Also, remember that you haven't just offended our New Century Entertainment, but also the Jinsheng Group. The situation at Star Hotel last time still hasn't been counted for yet. So I advise you to watch your back."

Speaking of last time, Cao Feifei became triggered. She wanted to smash Zhang Xiaohua and demolish him to the bones and to leave him to die without a burial!

It was no wonder, Zhang Xiaohua had made them lose six million, nearly seven million, that night, causing Cao Feifei to be tortured by Ling Feng for a week. During this time, Cao Feifei had to beg and beg again and again. Speaking honeyed words to Ling Feng for over a week and even having to give him a good taste… before they managed to smooth things over.

The only things that Zhang Xiaohua could think of were those delicacies from Star Hotel, now completely pushing Cao Feifei's threats to the back of his mind. He had to say that he really felt refreshed that night and he especially missed that comfortable presidential suite.

After licking his lips, Zhang Xiaohua said shamelessly: "You don't need to say anything else, I really do miss that Ling Feng guy. When he goes to Star Hotel next time, remember to text me, I must sneak in with him again, he really is a rich second generation wastrel."

"You..."

Cao Feifei felt a burst of chest tightness, so much so that her pretty little face was flushed in crimson, she failed to utter a word, stuttering from anger at Zhang Xiaohua.

Cao Feifei had met many shameless men, but she had never seen someone as shameless as this guy!

How could he be so thick-skinned? He had no honour at all!

Now, Cao Feifei really missed the previous Zhang Xiaohua, even though Zhang Xiaohua was clearly in front of her eyes, she couldn't find a shadow of the Zhang Xiaohua she knew. It felt odd seeing such a familiar face with such a completely different attitude.

The next moment, Zhang Xiaohua checked his account and found that there was already 1 million transferred into his account. He didn't want to stay any longer in this viper's nest. He took a lazy look at Cao Feifei and got up, leaving the meeting room without looking back.

Cao Feifei was still suffocating from anger but quickly ran to the front door following him. Looking at Zhang Xiaohua back gradually drift away from her view.

Her eyes filled with hatred gradually became cold, she mumbled: "Zhang Xiaohua, I'm not finished with you yet. I'd like to see what you are gonna do when you don't have Wang Jingwen anymore. We will see if you're still so haughty then..."

On the way back to the company, Zhang Xiaohua drove while recalling the two angry faces of Cao's father and daughter. For Zhang Xiaohua, this may be more beautiful than watching p***. But this was far from his goal, his ultimate goal was to destroy this Cao family until they had nothing left. They owed him a blood debt...

After a while, driving past a shopping mall, suddenly a splendid song passed into his ear and he inadvertently stepped on the brakes. He immediately turned to the direction of the shopping mall and his eyes locked onto a mobile stage. At the same time, a young girl was trying hard to sing on the stage. Unfortunately, people didn't seem to appreciate the girl's singing. All passing by without a care.

However, in Zhang Xiaohua's mind, the voice of the girl was unique, husky while clear, it sounded very sensuous, containing no traces of impurities, and the girl still contained a pure beauty, although not drop dead gorgeous, but still attractive, with a little dressing up and a few songs....

She could be the next Wang Jingwen.

Overnight, becoming popular in the north and south of the country, acting as a shining star in the music world!

He had already discovered his next star.

He truly was God's Favourite Child...

8. Shadowdome

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 45: God's Favourite Child

Unconsciously, Zhang Xiaohua felt deeply attracted to the girl who was singing, he stepped out of the car after he parking and slowly walked towards the girl.

It was only now that Zhang Xiaohua saw that the girl was about 20 years old. She was of medium build and wore a beautiful black shawl. Her skin was slightly tanned and her facial features were very delicate. She wore a blue-and-white alternating crew neck sweater and short skirt. Constantly singing and dancing on the mobile stage, she seemed to be a folk singer who lived off performing arts.

Zhang Xiaohua had also seen many such mobile stages in his past life. They were nothing more than a few folks who formed a folk song group and dance troupes. He had even performed in one of those groups when he was aspiring to become a singer in his past life.

Generally, businessmen would invite these buskers to perform near the front door of the store to help attract customers. When there was no business, these street performers would take the stage somewhere else, perform and rely on passers-by donating to earn some living expenses. It wasn't an easy lifestyle.

After a period of singing and dancing, the girl hurriedly stepped down and another artist was introduced by the host to replace her.

Zhang Xiaohua came to this space to try and sign the girl as a singer...

Walking around, Zhang Xiaohua soon found the girl again.

Seeing her so close up, the girl gave Zhang Xiaohua a new impression - simple!

Zhang Xiaohua didn't need to ask around to know that this girl was from one of those rural villages. Although she gave off no unique temperament, she had a sense of naivety and calmness to her that made people feel comfortable in her presence, unlike some of the girls in the city who were just rowdy and arrogant.

Zhang Xiaohua first gave the girl his business card before he introduced himself with a smile: "Hello, I'm the boss of HuaXiang Entertainment Company. If you prefer, you can call me Zhang Xiaohua. Do you have some time to talk?"

The girl first watched Zhang Xiaohua vigilantly and then looked down at the business card. The colour of vigilance on her face remained undiminished, even slightly increasing when she heard he was from an entertainment company. It seemed that his identity as a 'boss' wasn't favoured in her mind.

"You... What do you want to talk to me about?" asked the girl shyly.

"Are you interested in joining our company and becoming an artist?" Zhang Xiaohua asked with a laugh. At the same time, he had already determined that the girl would not refuse. After all, HuaXiang Entertainment had already started a household name that many viewed in good light. HuaXiang Entertainment had popularised Wang Jingwen, so unless this girl was a fool, he really could not think of reasons for her to refuse...

"I'm sorry, I'm not interested." The girl didn't hesitate and refused straight off the bat.

Zhang Xiaohua's face currently looked like he had eaten sh**.

Damn what a ruthless girl, destroying all of this granddaddies face. He had truly received a harsh face-slapping.

"Girl, are you okay? I'm the owner of HuaXiang Entertainment Company. You must of heard of HuaXiang Entertainment, right?" Zhang Xiaohua spoke exasperated. At this moment, he not only thought that this girl was simple, but also very cute.

He had to sign this girl no matter what.

The girl actually shook her head saying that she had never heard of the company.

Zhang Xiaohua was at a complete loss of what to do next, that was half of his sales pitch gone.

It seemed that the company's name still wasn't loud enough, it was necessary to speed up development.

Although stunned at this, Zhang Xiaohua was not angry, always keeping a happy and smiling face, he asked: "Wang Jingwen, you should at least have heard of her, she is the singer of 'Broken-Hearted Woman'."

Suddenly hearing Wang Jingwen's name. The girl immediately became spirited and nodded. It seemed that she and Zhang Xiaohua had finally found a common topic.

"Of course, I know her. I listen to Wang Jingwen's songs every day. She is my idol, I'm her biggest fan."

Zhang Xiaohua didn't know whether to laugh or cry. This child actually knew only Wang Jingwen, but did not know that Wang Jingwen was an entertainer of HuaXiang Entertainment, and that the person who created those songs and made Wang Jingwen famous stood right in front of her. She truly had eyes but couldn't see Mount Tai.

With a wry smile, Zhang Xiaohua asked again: "So, don't you want to have a song that belongs to you, like Wang Jingwen, and become a big star that everyone knows?"

The girl listened and she flashed a definite look. She felt that Zhang Xiaohua's question was a bit idiotic. Wang Jingwen was said to be the best singer of the last decade, an idol in many women's hearts and the goddess in men's hearts. Who did not want to be like her and become a star recognized by the people of the country?

At the same time, the girl found it strange, why would the other party ask this question? Could he really make her like Wang Jingwen?

The girl could not help but be amused by Zhang Xiaohua. Obviously, she did not think that Zhang Xiaohua had the ability to make her a superstar, like Wang Jingwen.

"What is it that big brother actually wants in the end? Would you please say it already? I have to perform on stage again soon." The girl did not answer Zhang Xiaohua's question because it was a bit impractical for her.

Zhang Xiaohua also didn't want to bend around the subject. Faced with honest people, it was better to be honest. "Wang Jingwen is a singer under our company, if you promise to join our company, I'll help you become like Wang Jingwen. You will have your own songs and your own audience, and will become a super star in pop music. It all depends on you to make the decision."

After Zhang Xiaohua finished, he waited for the girl's answer quietly, and thought that he had explained enough. This girl should be able to understand the chance he was offering, she could change her life with a couple words of agreement.

After listening to Zhang Xiaohua's words, the girl's eyes gradually became suspicious, and her face was covered with even stronger vigilance. She stared at Zhang Xiaohua with her eyes and looked slightly displeased. "So, are you like a talent scout?"

Zhang Xiaohua smiled, he still didn't understand what she was trying to get at, but he was currently acting as one, so he nodded and said, "I'm the boss of the company but after hearing your voice, I knew I had to sign you."

Unexpectedly, the girls face immediately fell, saying: "I have met many scouts before already. They all said the same thing, that they would make me a star. But those people actually wanted money and for me to preform 'favours', I'm not that desperate to become famous, so sorry, please leave..."

When the girl finished, she brushed past Zhang Xiaohua and completely treated him as a liar.

Zhang Xiaohua understood now, it seemed she had encountered many so-called star explorers who swindled money and favours while deceiving others. The girl was wary of him for this reason.

"Well, I'm not that sort of person. If you ever change your mind, you can come to the company and find me according to the address on the business card. Then I may introduce Wang Jingwen to you." Zhang Xiaohua shouted at the girl who was walking away. He went back to his car and drove to the company.

When Zhang Xiaohua started to walk away, the girl was about to tear apart the business card, but she stopped herself, she felt that the other person didn't seem like an evil guy.

The reason was that Zhang Xiaohua's sentence "I can introduce Wang Jingwen to you" before leaving actually made the girl extremely excited!

She didn't believe he actually worked with Wang Jingwen, but couldn't help get excited at the idea, so she kept the card anyway. She could use it to show off how she got scouted by an entertainment company to all her friends later.

With the decision in mind, the girl carefully put the business card in her pocket and decided to find her best friend later to shamelessly boast.

Upon his return to the company, Zhang Xiaohua asked Yuan Datong about the progress of the production of the thirteen songs, and Yuan Datong made a pledge that within two weeks, he would certainly complete all the recordings.

With the guarantee of Yuan Datong, Zhang Xiaohua also calmed down, so he picked up the phone and contacted Zhou Yi, saying with exhilaration: "Zhou Yi, I have decided to invest another million in your company. If there is no problem with this, I'll transfer the money to your company's account. Just add more shares to the contract, also, don't forget to send me proof of the shareholdings tomorrow."

On the other side of the phone, Zhou Yi was ecstatic and hurriedly reassured him before he hung up.

Zhang Xiaohua had invested 2 million in Sparrow company within just a day. This money would play a vital role in upgrading the equipment. At the same time, Zhou Yi couldn't help but admire Zhang Xiaohua's way of doing things. So young, yet so bold and decisive, investing 2 million in one go. This was a real big boss!

"Xiaohua, where did you get so much money?" Yuan Datong asked in surprise.

Within a day, this kid invested 2 million in Sparrow, which was indeed impressive.

Of course, Yuan Datong knew that it was part of his strategy.

Regardless of how much money he spent on Sparrow Records, the money would eventually return to his pocket when he took it over.

"I got paid my dividends from New Century." Zhang Xiaohua said while transferring the money. A few moments later, one million was sent to Sparrow's account.

Looking at the remaining balance in his account, Zhang Xiaohua's face gradually became gloomy.

After two months of hard work, he didn't even earn a penny for himself!

Zhang Xiaohua couldn't help but smile, but turned to see Yuan Datong in front of him, and smirked: "Brother, you still have the rest of your money right? Why not help me ou...."

"Oh sh** completely forgot Emma and Wang Jingwen needed me. Sorry, gotta go." his voice hadn't even faded as Yuan Datong instantly fled upstairs, running like the wind.

"...."

Zhang Xiaohua was speechless and his heart was broken. This kid was clearly an unreliable friend. When 'Mary' asked him for half a million yuan, this kid actually gave it without blinking, and now that he wanted only 20 RMB for fuel he actually ran away so quickly...

9. Shadowdome

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 46: Concert Preparations

Get the first volume of the book: Amazon

Working until it became dark outside, Zhang Xiaohua announced that he was going to head off soon. After that, he encouraged everybody to urge Yuan Datong to treat them. After everyone had enjoyed their meal, Yuan Datong was tired, and they all dispersed.

Zhang Xiaohua enjoyed this kind of life. He couldn't help but lament that life truly was beautiful. As long as you learn how to deal with it, you would enjoy it.

Driving back home and entering the house, Zhang Xiaohua habitually called out a greeting for his mother. Unlike a few days ago, when he entered the door this time, he saw his mother's figure sitting on the sofa with Liu Yan. Gossiping, they seemed to be having a good time.

Upon seeing her son's return, Zhang Shaofang smile thickened on her face and she hurriedly waved him over: "Come here my son, Mom has something to tell you."

Zhang Xiaohua smiled sweetly and quickly went to the side of his mother. He was slightly stunned as she was wearing makeup, and as far as he could remember, this wasn't her usual style. She was more conservative, rarely dressing up or putting on makeup. Although she looked better than usual, Zhang Xiaohua faintly felt that it was unnatural, as if his mother was deliberately trying to hide something.

"Mum, I'm sorry, I've been so busy recently, so I haven't had time to accompany you. Liu Yan said that you were feeling uncomfortable a few days ago. How are you feeling now?" Zhang Xiaohua asked with concern while apologising.

"I'm okay, but you truly have been busy lately huh, when did you learn to write music?" Zhang Shaofang queried with a smile. Although she did not usually watch TV, nor go online, or even rarely go out, she still knew that Zhang Xiaohua was now a famous music producer.

Zhang Xiaohua would have loved nothing more than to boast to his mother about how he made more than a million.

However, all the money was invested in Sparrow or given out to the others, so for now, he didn't speak up. He just reminded himself that next time he earned big, he had to show it, at least before spending it, so he could reassure her and give her a big surprise.

"Yes, you just mentioned that you had something to say to me, what happened?" Zhang Xiaohua changed the subject and asked with a smile.

Zhang Shaofang and Liu Yan looked at each other and then Liu Yan said, "Oh, the Madame wants to go out on a trip to travel, she's feeling bored at home."

"That's a great idea." Zhang Xiaohua also hoped that his mother would go out more often. As Liu Yan said, it was boring to stay at home all the time and plus it would be better for her health if she was more active. He took out his bank card and put it on his mother's hands: "There is a little over one hundred thousand RMB in the card, it's not much, so I can't help you travel around the world, but it's enough to go out and relax for a bit. When I earn more money, I'll take you to travel around the world."

"You... really made that much money just from producing music?" Zhang Shaofang suddenly looked puzzled, but still more scared that her son had done something wicked or foolish for the cash.

"You don't need to worry, I am not of guilty any crimes, I started a company, remember? Believe it or not, Yuan Datong and I had earned a lot of money by making music together with a few other friends, you can rest assured, just spend it." Zhang Xiaohua gently patted his mother's back, motioning her to rest assured.

"You are working with Datong?" Zhang Shaofang knew her son. Normally, Zhang Xiaohua would be spending money like water and never come back until around midnight, wasted from drinking with those scumbags he called friends. She had always tried to get him to follow Yuan Datong around instead of those wastrels. In her eyes, they couldn't be trusted, but she viewed Yuan Datong as family, after all, he had saved her son's life. But this boy always refused her advice and continued to hang out with those prodigal youths. But today, he suddenly said he had started a company with Yuan Datong and even earned more than 100,000 RMB which made her curious.

"My friends and I have opened an entertainment company. The company has just started, so I didn't tell you. But this money is really something I earned. If you don't believe me, you can ask the Big Head." Zhang Xiaohua said truthfully.

Zhang Shaofang felt happy that he was doing well. She was obviously in a good mood. At the same time, she believed that Zhang Xiaohua did not lie. Even if she didn't believe in him, Zhang Shaofang believed in Yuan Datong's honesty at least.

"Lady, since the young master has already gained the ability to support himself, then this time you can rest assured to go for a small vacation. I think the young master has finally grown up, so you do not have to worry about him." Liu Yan smiled, full of hope.

"Yeah, she is correct mother, there is no need to worry, you just go out and play. I'll take care of everything here." Speaking of this, Zhang Xiaohua looked at Liu Yan, and said, "Please take care of my mother and remember to look after yourself as well."

"Of course, young master." Liu Yan said earnestly.

With Liu Yan taking care of his mother, Zhang Xiaohua could be at ease, so he asked, "When do you plan to go? In fact, where are you planning to go? Did you get your luggage ready yet? If no, do you want my to help to prepare?"

"Calm down with all the questions, I'm not a child like you, so you don't have to worry about it. We'll be going tomorrow morning and head to Hong Kong first. This time, stay at home and take good care of yourself. Okay?" Zhang Shaofang carefully spoke, slightly revealing a faintly reluctant expression, as if she was not saying goodbye to her son, but to life....

"Well, I'll send you off tomorrow morning then. I'm gonna head up first as I still have things to do." After that, Zhang Xiaohua went upstairs and returned to his room, he sat down in front of the computer.

His following task was to prepare for Wang Jingwen's concert. This was gonna be Zhang Xiaohua first time planning such a major event. Fortunately, he had visited several live concerts in the past and often watched videos of concerts by major stars. There should be no problem with the design. It was nothing more than arranging staff and the deployment of various types of equipment. In fact, this was also easy to handle. The instruments and equipment in the company could come in handy. Yuan Datong and the rest could also act on their own as musicians and find a symphony orchestra to help out, they would probably need to hire dancers as well for some of the songs.

The rest was finding a venue.

Due to lack of popularity and fans, the second and third line stars usually chose to perform concerts in smaller venues such as auditoriums or opera houses.

The first-line stars need not say anything. Naturally, the venue would be set up in a large gymnasium or stadium. With the popularity of Wang Jingwen, she already had the qualifications to open a large-scale concert. Therefore, Zhang Xiaohua decided to set up the concert in a Stadium.

In order to find a suitable venue, Zhang Xiaohua checked the information and found surprisingly that no stars in this world had ever held a concert in the gymnasium, let alone a stadium. Even if it was a big-name star on the front lines, at most it was in a auditorium or opera house. The audience could reach 15,000 people and that was already a luxury.

In this world's mentality, a stadium was just a place for fans to watch sports. Nothing to do with music concerts at all.

After understanding this fact, Zhang Xiaohua couldn't help but smile, it seemed like he would need to set a precedent!

He continued to check the information for a while, and in the end, Zhang Xiaohua selected Tianhe Stadium as the venue for the concert. Although this stadium wasn't the largest in the city, it could accommodate 30,000 spectators. The venue was moderate, neither high-profile or too low-key, it was just right.

Having been busy until midnight, Xiaohua Zhang had already drawn up a specific plan for the concert. When Wang Jingwen's new album was released, after attracting more loyal fans, then they would hold the concert for her. He couldn't wait to see the scene. It would certainly be an amazing scene and it would, of course, certainly bring in great wealth to him and the company!

bigbrokilledmadsnail likes this.