I need more novels to read. Please Help!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by InfamousReign, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Necessity

Necessity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Though it wasn't great, it was more interesting than the 'Nightfall' synopsis that I just read.

2. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    RRL : Binary Soul (yuri masterpiece)
    Lily Ex-machina (yuri masterpiece)

Martial Arts Master, great romance novel + fights (i skip them lately xD)
    Every releases of Prosperous Food group but lately no response from them.
    Gourmet of Another World.

3. kgggdkp2012

kgggdkp2012 Void ReapeR(8th grade syndrome patient)

Reading List:
    Link
    Daoist GU
    Desolate era
    Coiling dragon
    Xian ni

4. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    雪中悍刀行 looks good. Unfortunately not being translated.

5. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cultivation Chat Group
    Genius Doctor: Black Belly Miss
    Insanely Pampered Wife

6. NinjapowerMS

NinjapowerMS Local man ruins everything

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.royalroadl.com/fiction/8894/everybody-loves-large-chests
    I don't usually recommend stuff from RR but this is really good. Don't get fooled by the title either.
    Haven't caught up with the recent chapters but so far this is really refreshing. a Setting done right.

7. InvincibleDespair

InvincibleDespair Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your standard is pretty shit then.

8. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    The Novel's Extra
    This novel has just got translated recently (around two weeks ago) in Wuxiaworld. For the starter it's not that bad, I can't say much because there's only 16 chapters so far, but do give it a try.

9. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Doomsday Lord is pretty good, I would recommend it if not for the meh translation (plus there's only 100+ chaps tled anyway), but if you can read MTL then you probably won't have a problem with the translation and then continuing on say LNMTL.

Anyway, it has the good points of CN novels but manages to avoid most of the bad points.

For once, humans aren't the main enemies of each other, and even with the unavoidable infighting the MC can look at the bigger picture and not throw some rage-induced temper tantrum to fuck everything up. He'll still deal with those he have to, even the innocent, so it's not that he's a wimp or anything. He'd obviously prefer if there could be world peace and whatever, but you've got to do what you've got to do.

There's some character development as well.

One aspect that's VERY uncharacteristic of kingdom building novels is how allies can actually die. Being part of the MCs army doesn't mean that you'll miraculously have 0 casualties in a fight between thousands of people. (Of course it's still very much in the favour of the MC, but it's not like in e.g. HJC or World of Cultivation.)

There's still a lot of convenient stuff happening and some plot armor (not to mention that the MC is returned to the past with future knowledge etc), but that's a given.

Almost no insufferable young masters provoking the MC to get themselves killed etc.

Basically, the novel is consistently average+ / pretty good, and has very few bad parts to it. It might not be the most exiting novel, but it's consistent and doesn't have those awful moments where you just want to drop the novel.

10. Necessity

Necessity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I'm just overly annoyed with wuxia/xianxia synopsis where its all just some meaningless droning on none-sense. At this point I would much rather prefer some short and clear sentences setup the MC background, methods and goals. 'Nightfall' synopsis isn't the worst but it could use some spell-checking, sentence reconstructing and could be cut down to five clear sentences. The worst kind of synopsis is one that tells you nothing, like 'Heaven's shadow'(took the worst from your reading list), which at most tells you that its a xianxia; I learnt more about that novel from the tags and the reviews(the reviews made it seem quite good actually).

11. Finalbeta

Finalbeta Science Nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Any particular genre you like or any particulars?