Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. grayhands

grayhands Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! I'm new here, but thanks to this OP I finally decided to make an acc because I need to fangirl with other people.

I love how nice everything looks, even though they recycled some trailer animations (like Jiang Cheng's one). Ahh i can't wait!

Cypress likes this.
  2. Atemues

Atemues Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For someone like me who haven't read the novel, I guess the people shown here are Nie Huaisang, Nie Mingjue, Wen Ning and
    Wen Qing?

Then who is the last Wen sect guy?
    [​IMG]

Fiorisi and Rufi-sidd like this.
  3. SmallTimes

SmallTimes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I just say, the sound track so far is so effing good? They're fantastic. From the very first trailer to now, I get goosebumps listening to them every single time. I feel like I won't be able to watch the anime properly cause i'm always gonna be distracted by how good the music is. :sweating_profusely:

Shimizu Yuki likes this.
  4. Shimizu Yuki

Shimizu Yuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From many fans' spoiler conversation, I clearly know that ML has very jealous character when it comes to MC. But is it possible for reversible? Wei Ying jealous for Lan zhan? If so, can someone tell me when his jealousy side appeared in novel?? Please tell me.......:X3::X3:

5. Shimizu Yuki

Shimizu Yuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too!!! Then here is advice for you.....watch it many many many times until you become bored of it!!!! (y)(y)

6. Cypress

Cypress Eh, what's "outside"? /sinks into bed

Reading List:
    Link
    I think is the sect leader Wen RuoHan. Wen Ning looks so precious btw:aww:

Rufi-sidd and cici like this.
  7. cici

cici Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

kiara8 likes this.
  8. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh! Not too far from now! Ty :)

9. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I accidentally got distracted yesterday rewatching the donghua OP like 20 times (whoops), but I finally finished subtitling the 4th episode of the audio drama!

Please let me know what translations can be improved <3

10. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was rereading the later sections of the book with all of WWX's flashbacks and... I can't help but shout from the mountaintops:

JESUS CHRIST WWX'S LIFE WAS PRETTY MUCH LITERAL HELL, HE DESERVES SO MUCH BETTER THAN WHAT HE GOT

Reading the flashbacks is like a depressingly endless parade of "oh god how is WWX going to get shunned, isolated, misunderstood, slandered, trapped, and betrayed this time."

He ended up completely and utterly alone and in despair, just for always trying to do the right thing. LWJ was the only one who believed in him until the end ;__;

...thank god WWX got his second chance to clear his name and have a happy ending together with LWJ <3

wraven881, Fiorisi, Aeli and 7 others like this.
  11. Ezralva

Ezralva Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yessh!! I feel the same...
    But there's this one line of thought from current WWX that is my favorite....when he thought back about LWJ from his past and present. It said sth around this line : "when everyone praised me for fighting the Wen clan (through demonic cultivation) you were the one who always reprimanded me (to make him stop), but when everybody turns against me, you're the one who stand by my side" :cry::X3:

And how wwx thought in the past he fought the world alone, but now he isn't because lwj is there with him *awww*
    So i guess all those horrible past of him being isolated gave major contribution for him to be more receptive with LWJ's help in the present :p (plus the fact that he was transmigrated into a much weaker body)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    Fiorisi, Aeli, zeromint and 7 others like this.
  12. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright, I finished reading and couldn't help but put all my gushing thoughts onto the page.
    ---------------------------------

HAHAHAHAHAA I can't stop laughing at JGY and LXC legit playing matchmaker for WWX and LWJ... they were all so befuddled at WWX's sheer obliviousness and probably thinking "wtf they aren't actually together??? what the hell have these idiots been doing this whole time???"

The story of LWJ's discipline whip scars is super depressing, but it's so adorable and hilarious how right after WWX hears the story, he immediately tries to rush out of captivity to find LWJ. Even JGY is nice in his own way, with comments like “I understand you're pretty excited right now..."

And then when the couple immediately starts acting lovey-dovey, all I can imagine is Jin Ling/Lan XiChen/Jiang Cheng desperately trying to find a corner as far away from the lovebirds as possible.

----------------------------------

Dear god, the climax of this novel is so goddamn good. Every plot thread tidied up so beautifully~

I even felt sorry for JGY when he was explaining his backstory, as well as when WWX speculated about the Guanyin face... Once upon a time, JGY was just a boy who loved his mom :( I really empathized with Jin Ling at the end when he realizes there's no one he can vent his hatred on. (I guess now the person I probably hate the most is Jin GuangShan. At least he seems to be a complete scumbag. Though who knows, he probably has a tragic backstory too lol. I guess MXTX's works have tragic backstories all the way down!)

And that final reveal by Jiang Cheng... ;___; PLEASE GIVE ME an extra set in the future, where everyone is all one happy family again. I do have faith they will completely reconcile one day, but I just want to see it with my own eyes.

Finally... every time I read about the final fate of Jin GuangYao, I can't help but say...
    HOLY SHIT NIE HUAISANG YOU'RE A GODDAMN GENIUS I LOVE YOU
    Talk about systematically destroying every aspect of your enemy's life, taking everything he cares about away from him, and giving him no end of physical and mental torture. All while you barely have to lift a finger and no one, absolutely no one, suspects a thing. I'm betting that he gave himself a personal role in the final confrontation despite the risk of blowing his cover, just so he could get a front-row seat, eat some popcorn, and feel the satisfaction of directly causing JGY's death. Actually, my theory is that he deliberately made his final move obvious to JGY so that JGY felt the same despair in his final moments that NHS had carried all these years: "knowing the truth, but there is no one on this earth who will believe you."

While WWX says it's a theory without evidence, I think it's pretty confirmed: 1) Nie Huaisang mentioning on his own the deep hatred that the mastermind must have felt against JGY, and 2) Nie Huaisang's final scene where he sneakily picks up JGY's hat.
    Though his manipulation happened to devastate Lan XiChen as collateral damage :(

13. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah that line really stuck out to me too (I think it was chapter 50 or 51). That's the definition of true love for you <3

And it makes perfect sense that their relationship didn't work out well in WWX's first life given how they were both struggling with their own issues (Wei WuXian being immature, flighty, drunk on his own newfound power and independence, and bearing the weight of far too many things on his shoulders. Lan WangJi being super repressed and therefore unable to communicate his concern/feelings/reasoning properly until it was far too late.)
    But now that both of them have matured, they can finally fully appreciate each other's company and find happiness together~

14. CawCawBird

CawCawBird Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In a way, you could say that in hindsight, WWX dying was the best thing that could have happened to him. Which is both funny and depressing at the same time...

alexfilia, Fiorisi, Aeli and 2 others like this.
  15. Atemues

Atemues Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The moment I really wait to read in the translated version is the culmination between WWX and Jiang Cheng. I want to know what they finally, openly and without holding in say to each other. Surprisingly, even before the BL part, I am really interested in their relationship as brothers. Not much is said so far, but from what we got until ch 53, Jiang Cheng and WWX are with totally different personalities, but I think Jiang Cheng really considers WWX as a brother, even though they aren't related by blood. I feel really sad that their relationship gets ruined as we get further into the novel, mostly by their own actions towards each other, but also thanks to the influence and negative opinion from the people around them, but I really really want to see them being close again. Jiang Cheng became just as alone as WWX before his death. His family, his sect is gone. Both acting at least slightly as a family again is something I really want from this novel. Even more than the BL.

Damn.....the fanbase for the novel seems HUGE, so I hope it'll get some official english translation and edditions in other languages. If Captive Prince got japanese eddition, I hope at least the donghua for GDC will expand the fanbase worldwide.

16. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks so much to @Attica for translating the audio drama! Now I can't wait for the donghua to come out~! The CV in the drama are the same as the donghua's right?

17. Acsis

Acsis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, no, I don't think so. At least WWX and LWJ have different voice actors for the audio drama and the donghua.

18. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Awwww!!! I laughed a lot listening to the audio drama, because the voices managed to convey realistic imagery of what's happening. I had hope that the CV are the same ones for both medias, especially WWX's~!

Cypress likes this.
  19. Acsis

Acsis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard that LWJ's voice actor in the donghua is the one who sung the "Different Path" fan-made song for FoD. :X3::X3::X3: And it's good!!!

Shimizu Yuki, Cypress and Zhen_Qing like this.
  20. RiYueLingKong

RiYueLingKong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They have totally different casts, at least as far as I've seen. WWX in the donghua is Zhang Jie (Ye Xiu, QZGS), but in the audio drama he's played by Lu Zhixing.

Zhen_Qing likes this.