LCD The Amber Sword

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the plan was to let the factions fight each other and the monsters so he can cut through to Valhalla with minimum casualties. I don't remember it saying anything about him killing anything other than monsters.

He has more information so he could probably find Valhalla but the Wave is too strong for his group so he can only wait for them to weaken it first.

2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The "them" I was referring to was the monsters.

3. c0debreaker6

c0debreaker6 A MANLY Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    The plan is to make the druids a united front to defend the forest from the Waves of Calamity while Brendel would find Valhalla and activate its Fire Seed, making the Dark Forest stable, driving the forces of Chaos away.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    That would still involve killing a lot of wolves though. At least, I assume that there are quite a few of them between the town and Valhalla.

5. c0debreaker6

Reading List:
    Link
    A lot would be an understatement. It's a literal sea of black wolves.
    Brendel said that when it was in the game, it's a World Event. Thousands of players were required for it to be beaten.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, but I was talking about the ones that he, personally would be killing. None of the others will matter as far as gaining xp goes.

7. c0debreaker6

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, it would still be a lot. But what's important than level is the activation of Valhalla.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    True, but my original comment was in response to a comment about him leveling.

9. c0debreaker6

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhhhh, sorry I didn't read that.
    *Sigh* I just wish Wolfie would release chapters regularly. It's hard to wait for a chapter knowing that were not even halfway through the arc, let alone the end of the series. With over a thousand of chapters, will I already have many kids before we reached the end?

10. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think these Beastmen are gonna get killed. I don't understand the scheme after it though. Have their army come in to stop the slaughter? Without the Grandmaster Swordswoman that seems pointless.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, even if all they do is sit back and watch, they still win. After all, either Brendal will die, their competitors for the Lionheart will die, or both. They basically can't lose so long as they don't step forward and don't consider failing to stop the monsters as losing (which they don't, since they're idiots). Though, if the victor of the fight is weakened enough, they definitely will step forward to finish them off.

12. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess they don't know that they're just sending him XP. There's no way they think these guys can kill Brendal though. Maybe they're planning on the nobles getting killed and then blaming him for it.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    The ones we've seen so far aren't the only ones that were sent. There were much scarier guys on their list as I recall. And even if all of them fail to kill Brendel, then as you've said, Kirrlutz can just tell their factions who killed them. Honestly, it's a pretty good plan, but I'm kinda expecting that bratty girl to f' it up somehow.

14. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg you’re right. I might have kids by the time this series gets fully translated... still gonna read though because it’s interesting.

c0debreaker6 likes this.
  15. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, after the translator gets out of school it'll probably increase.

Well our MC isn't someone easily predicted or plotted against. If even she doesn't mess it up then he'll probably get around it. Giving him time only benefits him.

16. rleon

rleon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how qidian translator system to pick a novel. Why this thousand times better novel not picked up? (Not offense to wolfie, i'm just curious)

17. LazyLuong

LazyLuong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You have to remember, wolfie is very liberal with the translation. He removes redundancy, and change/add parts to make it more clear to the English readers.

I doubt other translators will pull out the same quality of translation if they were to translate the same novel.

Seren, Kaminomikan and Ai chan like this.
  18. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel isn't exactly casual. The chapters are quite long and the plot is quite complex. There are a ton of characters and it isn't that easy to read. That's for the readers so I imagine it's even more annoying to translate.
    Qidian's system? They either poach/hire translators, translators sign up with a novel in mind or people recommend stuff on the forum for translators to pick up.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I bet she's super glad now that she didn't attack him outside the druid sanctuary where its laws couldn't protect her ;)

I wonder if they'll try to quietly sneak away now ;)

20. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who did Brendel bring along with him? He left Medissa behind, right? And what rank was the Lizardman Chieftain supposed to be? Did he rank up from commanding a squadron? A glossary of all the characters and the cards Brendel has accrued so far would have been nice. At any rate, Brendel's got a pretty impressive retinue just from their quality alone, when you consider the average of what's considered an elite force, I'd say.