Question Do CN characters/authors know the line "If you show up on time, you are 15 minutes late"?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by gary0044187, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SorceressPol

SorceressPol Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm in America and don't know anyone who thinks like this. It is good manners to show up on time or call if you're gonna be late. Expecting friends or family to show up early as a sign of respect just sounds uptight to me and maybe even a little insecure.

2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's terrible, even by Indian (rail) standards. Worst (short) journey exp I had was when the train arrived at the station 3 hrs late (for a near 7 hr trip time) and was further delayed by 1 hr. It was a Shatabdi, too.:(

MangoGuy likes this.
  3. waG9

waG9 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I always thought that CN authors usually have low self esteem and need to boost it making their protagonist as haughty, arrogant and "your father" as possible, then demonstrate it on every possible occasion -or that cn readers like them this way, kind of a culture thing (having long history does that to societies).
    You know just like JP authors always seem hungry.

btw, in here we believe it all depends on occasion. If you go to visit someone better be 15min late then early to give them time to prepare. but meeting somewhere where waiting is inconvenient... well we just use common sense, not stiff rules.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  4. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Shatabdi?? That must be a one off incident...for me, it was an ordinary express.

otaku31 likes this.
  5. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hah, I am an american too, and I have heard this quote from people in many different regions. especially when money is involved, if someone is willing to discuss a money matter, you make sure you are there on time. whether it be interviews, important multibusiness meetings, etc. perhaps its generational? the youngest person I know that said this just turned 30.

6. Raizhee

Raizhee who

Reading List:
    Link
    We also have a saying here thay says you should assume your own words.

If I say imma come at 15:00... bitch u'll see me there at either 14:59 or 15:00 . ( I'll just look around or take it slowly until that time ).
    IMO I respect em just enough by coming at the exact time we planned and the other should do just the same.

For the care part I'll leave that aside since I can't care less if they're actually pleased or not.

7. snorri

snorri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In China there's a saying: if you show up 15 minute earlier, you are committing a crime in the eye of a German.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.