Choose lesser evil

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Yamatohime, Jun 27, 2018.

?

Whose side will you choose?

1. North

62 vote(s)
    89.9%
  2. South

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yamatohime

Yamatohime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're a leader of any modern country. Whose side will you choose?

1. The ruler of the north who rules with iron fist and harsh laws equal to all. She does not care about conquests and keep her words literally (those who break their words with would eat retribution). To kill millions to save/avenge one of her citizens is ok, as long as the citizen innocent. She doesn't discriminate anybody and their habits as long as they obey the law.

2. The hero of the south who dreams about world without conflicts. He wants to conquer the world and unify it under his benevolent rule. He doesn't care about means as long as they don't put hardships on his close circle. He cherish friendships and love above all and can tolerate some mishaps from friends and allies.

Both new powers are completely immune to our WMD and start with equal military forces superior to our united Earth one by tenfold in all aspects: firepower, mobility, numbers, response time and etc.

2. Boredgasm

Boredgasm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LORD BROTHER FROM THE NORTHERN REGION.

Seigin likes this.
  3. Basara

Basara [Cat and co.] [Nyan] [Furry and Fluffy]

Reading List:
    Link
    The first one probably. As long as we follow the law it's all good. If someone was to commit a crime in the south and since he is benevolent the criminal would have a smaller sentence then the victims family would be hoping for. Another reason would be because the leader is a female and thus starting my harem route.

4. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Scion』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    Create a third faction played on having these two factions fighting it out for as long as possible, when they are exhausted and one side has won, deal with them at that moment.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    Bad Storm, Someguy666 and Megajoke like this.
  5. Legion_Harbinger_of_Souls

Legion_Harbinger_of_Souls Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    May all My enemies perish and the world Tremble at my feet under my Terrible Iron Fist

6. Robofs740

Robofs740 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was wondering who was going to be the first person to say that last part.
    I feel like the 2nd leader would let his friends and family off the hook if they were to make a major crime in their country, thus them having the chance to become "arrogant young masters," so I'd probably choose the 1st to avoid corruption.

mir, Bad Storm and awake1122 like this.
  7. corvax

corvax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The first one.. the second one comes off as naive and easily corruptable.

Bad Storm and awake1122 like this.
  8. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    The North, I'm not a fan of those idealist peace-loving types and he sounds like he'd fuck you over if you're not in his circle.

Edit: Like Dweenator said if I chose the second one I'd probably try to get into his circle and kill him later.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  9. Raobihr

Raobihr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would attempt to assassinate either one. The first one is nothing more than a dictator with a retarded sense of justice. And the second is a warmongering scumbag and will probably kill billions while letting his friends do anything they want.

Depending on the laws I would go with #1 because at least she has a sense of justice and duty, #2 is nothing more than a scumbag that would destroy the planet.

10. LeakLeaf

LeakLeaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the south sound like a rapist

11. dweenator

dweenator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If i were a leader of a modern country? then i'd definitely choose the 2nd one.
    Try to get into his close circle(if i became a leader of a modern country then atleast i'd have the qualifications to do so), keep myself in power, help the 2nd hero unify the country, after that is a huge buffet where you take what you want by then you no longer need the 2nd hero and can just dispatch of him through many methods as he is not perfect and thus protects his close friends and family, so easy to manipulate the mob to take him down and his circle, ofcourse i'm the 'whistleblower' or one of them.

For the first one, if i wasn't a modern country leader then i'd choose him for equal opportunity but as a modern country leader? that's like being a mayor of a major city under a dictatorship, no matter how you keep your ass clean, you wouldn't even know when and how you died.

12. Yamatohime

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... It seems people prefer strict and pragmatic dictator instead benevolent and idealistic monarch. :)

I doubt it would be possible to assassinate either of them.

Laws are on pragmatic side. For the citizens of course. :)

Bad Storm and Raobihr like this.
  13. awake1122

awake1122 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Picked north immediately thinking of the US civil war, I'm still fine with my choice.

14. SquirFail

SquirFail The One Who Forgets, Dreamer, Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    i i would chose the north without diversity the world is more grey than anything and also even if he conquers the world his empire that he built will crumble on the day he die with no person that has conviction, will and power like his it can only fail

15. Darkanlan

Darkanlan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd rather have a dictator than an ass hole who believes himself a savior and doesn't care who he kills as long as it furthers his agenda. Dictator that wants equality will obviously never truly get what they want, but at least it's better than a guy who justifies murdering everyone so long as he says it'll make the world a better place. You never know when a guy like that will decide you're part of the people he feels the world would be better without.

mir, Bad Storm, naghi32 and 2 others like this.
  16. Kuro_0ni

Kuro_0ni Cocooned in a Life transition

Reading List:
    Link
    The south sounds corruptible. I'd like to use Harvey Dent from the Dark Knight as a reference here.

A good man, envisioning the best for all, falls to depravity and turns hell on everyone but whom he thinks deserves a lesser punishment.

[​IMG]

Bad Storm and tottiy like this.
  17. dweenator

dweenator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How biased.

You took the 2nd hero to be an extremists for peace.

So it shouldn't be a problem to take the 1st hero to be paranoid to the point of being delusional to just kill suspected criminals. So in this line of thought, how many people do you think really are clean and without crime? hmmmm.. might aswell commit genocide.

18. Yamatohime

Reading List:
    Link
    There's nothing here that describes her judge of all. I even doubt that she would judge anybody. After all she enforces equality for all in front of laws. What you described is actually how 2nd hero would judge people.

19. Megajoke

Megajoke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Or I could be the Oriole who stalked the mantis that eats the cicada

20. Yamatohime

Reading List:
    Link
    You will be conquered before both sides start to fight each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.