Resolved VVILL Superpower humans be prioritized as weapons than as civilians in our reality?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lazriser, Jun 30, 2018.

1. tamsok

tamsok Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends how powerful they are. I guess in the beginnings the people want some answers that leads to finding cure or human experiments then leads to human rights activists going wild. Then sooner or later apocalypse, well depends on the psyche of the people with powers since they will be alienated and isolated perhaps maybe even be treated with hostility by civilians. Thus, before long there will be cities or countries (depends on how powerful they are) being wiped out leading to war between people with superpowers then destruction of the world.

Bangobombz likes this.
  2. Bangobombz

Bangobombz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The growth is also something to take into consideration, will there be people who will obtain powers as well after the 1st wave... And so forth? Or shall it end only after one or a few

3. Bangobombz

Reading List:
    Link
    Whats a yak?

4. Bangobombz

Reading List:
    Link
    Apocalypse isn't a certainty but indeed a possibility

5. tamsok

tamsok Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well sooner or later people with powers clash since they are still humans that is our nature so if they are as powerful as superman then apocalypse isn't quite far off.

6. Black Parcher

Black Parcher The Eternal World Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    Lab rat/to be used as cure for the rich and powerful no need to go to the black market for organs when you have this person to slice up.

7. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    So why the double v in title?

8. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    It's an abbreviation for the name of his town, VillainVill(e). Also an allusion to his personality, V(ery)(e)Vill. And a hint to his supervillain persona, Baron Evil Von Vill.

You see, double V means two lives which means he'll kill U and take over your life for when he hides from the law.

9. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    speedsters could do courier jobs.

10. Neolinkster

Neolinkster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Teleporters would do it better. Speedsters have to deal with obstructions tripping and footwear teleporters are just blink and it's done

gary0044187 likes this.
  11. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, I was just thinking about how much more ubiquitous speedsters were in dc. in injustice, lex luthor was saved from a nuke by a speedster he kept on retainer in case of natural disaster. that was one of the first times I read an author talk about a job for superheros.

12. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    A yak is a shaggy wool type of bovine with big, wide horns. They're mostly native to Mongolia and their milk is like a cross between cow milk and goat milk in taste and smell. Other than impaling stuff with their giant horns, they're kind and peaceful. Also, they stink. A lot.

But have you ever seen a big, badass, white lump of muscle type of bull? That's what a yak looks like without the fur. Tru story (not really).

Bangobombz likes this.
  13. RedvsBlack

RedvsBlack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he meant that as part of the issue because if you have a strong force and don't understand how to there's a greater chance of harming yourself with it. I would liken it to placing a baby in a crib with a shotgun.

14. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/2011-07-13

[​IMG]

15. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Half the population is dying because people will keep attacking him getting him madder. The madder Hulk is the stronger he gets he can destroy the earth if he wants too.

16. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read the Returner. :p

17. Alvastar

Alvastar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It would depend entirely on who obtains the power. Would the powers affect someone's psyche? If so, then a previously calm person might be triggered easily for emotional outbursts. This would greatly increase the risk of exposure to the media and goverment, not to mention receiving negative backlash from the common populace. Mediation would be hard to handle.

The same point can be mentioned in regards to any kind of power and status: it all depends on who has it as to how it's going to be used and affect others.

School shootings are a good example of one potential negative outcome for what might happen if someone's suddenly given power. How would you keep a person who's always felt looked down upon and weak from venting out their frustrations once they realize they are "special"? For them, a short-term benefit of instant gratification would likely outweigh everyone else who's received powers' need for being perceived as still human, but just with a little extra. Sort of like professional athletes or geniuses good at math. There's going to be no good way to spin it when you have a few dozen of those cases in the week after superpowers emerge.

How all that is handled in the first year would determine the degree our world would devolve. I say that, because you're going to see some kind of government response. Everyone's afraid of the unkown. With drones and all kinds of special forces being trained, it's much easier for those in power to react negatively than possitively when their afraid. So, how those who recieve powers appeal to the public would determine how much someone's going to be spied on and then ambused to be taken to black sites and forced into working for the government or death.

18. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is depressing but the possibility of this happening is more slim than my cells, because plot! I never read DC but I'm sure there has to be some planetary, galactic, or universal threat there that warrants Superman to handle than him being a "transitional power source".

19. Bangobombz

Reading List:
    Link
    Praise be to Yaks then :)

Ps: what happened to your pc?

honglath likes this.
  20. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    It died.