Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Atemues

Atemues Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The ED song gives some really calm yet sad vibes. It's perfect. And it looks like the animation studio are really proud of their scenery images. ^^

Rufi-sidd likes this.
  2. SmallTimes

SmallTimes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

This one was certainly doable and very cute! Attica might not be able to sub this one so here I am :') Feel free to correct as always ^^.
    Student A: Hey, look there. Why is Wei Wuxian kneeling on the stone path?

Student B: You don't know? He fought with Jin ZiXuan, now he's being punished by kneeling.

Student A: Oh, so it's like that. Hey, but look, his head is down and his shoulders are shaking. He's not crying is he?

Student B: There's no way! Brother Wei's face is thick like a great wall, how can he be belittled by something like this?

Student A: That's not for certain, he's being punished where a lot of people pass by, he must be embarrassed!

Student A and B: Second young master Lan.

LWJ: Mmm.

Student B: Hey, hey. Why is Lan Wangji heading there? Don't tell me he's looking for Wei WuXian to quarrel?

Student A: That may be so. He seems to always nitpick at Wei WuXian...Don't mind them, let's hurry and leave!

Student B: Yeah, let's go.

WWX: Hic...

LWJ: Wei Ying, are you alright?

WWX: (Lan Zhan?)

LWJ: To bear punishment in front of others, it can be difficult to endure. But in the end, it is because you paid no mind to the rules, insistent on breaking them. You...What is the matter?

WWX: Hic..hic...

LWJ: You don't have to be like that...

WWX: Hic...

LWJ: I...maybe I can help you persuade (uncle?).

WWX: Ahahahahahaha (gdi wei ying, he was being so nice). Very well! I guess I should thank you!

LWJ: You!

WWX: What about me? It was you who offered to ask for me. Don't go back on your words!

LWJ: You...just now you were...

WWX: I was what? Lan Zhan, it can't be that you thought I was crying? Ha, there's no way that could happen! Ahahahahaha I was digging an ant nest! Come look, it's a really large nest! Do you want you and me to...

LWJ: Go away!

WWX: Hey! Ahahahahaha

Aeli, Rufi-sidd, Scalysharc and 11 others like this.
  3. Cypress

Cypress Eh, what's "outside"? /sinks into bed

Reading List:
    Link
    Poor Lan Zhan, just when he was actually expressing his concern It turned out that Wei Ying was only messing with him:blobsweat:
    That little shit... ah but still love him.

4. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Episode 6 of the audio drama is up!

Of note it will only be up with audio for a few days! By the end of this week, I'll be taking down everything from episode 4 onwards that requires premium currency. I'll reupload it with subs but no audio. It'll be everyone else's responsibility to find the audio separately, preferably from legitimately purchasing it on the original Missevan website. (I can send the subtitle files to people, but I'm not going to risk reuploading everything again.)

(I'll also work on the Ants short in the meantime, so thank you so much SmallTimes!)

Aeli, Scalysharc, biiru and 7 others like this.
  5. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah, I was browsing MDZS fansongs and found this one that I really liked.

Unfortunately the vocabulary in this song is beyond my very limited comprehension. Is anyone interested in helping me translate it?

6. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    You can ask Sally Warwick (YT), (s)he is someone here (i think)

7. the-ep

the-ep Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Going forward, will you upload muted videos with the subs on them, or will you upload them with audio and take the audio down after a few days, like you're doing with ep 6? (Attaching the subs to just audio/getting the audio to where I can attach subs to it would be more hassle on my end, whereas grabbing the video off YouTube and then attaching the downloaded subs is easy. Then again, perhaps it is time for me to go into smartphone ownership...)

8. Fujoshi4747

Fujoshi4747 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fiorisi, K.san, Yuslia and 2 others like this.
  9. the-ep

the-ep Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alas, I can't help with translating, though I can share that I find MDBG very helpful, and of course googling any offending four characters of gibberish will generally direct one to Baidu and reveal that it's an idiom. Looking forward to your translation!

10. Cypress

Reading List:
    Link
    ED with subtitles is up

the-ep likes this.
  11. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And I put up subs for this adorable short!

Mmmm I'm not sure yet if I can risk uploading them with audio. I'm still considering my options.

Cypress and meridianna like this.
  12. kitkat2010

kitkat2010 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey all, sorry to just jump in randomly but I just got addicted to the novel about a week ago and wanted to find a discussion place for it. :) There's a lot of things I wonder about the story, though I'm only at chapter 32.

Do you think the donghua will follow the story, or do you think there's a chance it could trail off?

13. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they will do their best to follow the story. However, they will probably reshuffle the order of various scenes (which IMO is good since the original novel's pacing wasn't always perfect). This first season is especially supposed to have lots of flashbacks from the past.

14. kitkat2010

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard that the first season starts from the past. The novel is a bit confusing, even after one figures out who is who (I still haven't haha), but I liked the way the story starts. I wonder if it would be easier to start the donghua the same, then work into the flashback like the novel does.

When I first heard about the novel, I tried reading it yet all the names confused me. I had to switch to the manhua for a while.

Attica, I hope you can continue subbing either posting to YT or another website. Even though I can buy episodes using Alipay, I can't understand a word of Chinese. :cry:

Shimizu Yuki likes this.
  15. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From the footage we've seen so far, I'm going to guess the first season is going to start off like the novel--at least until chapter 10 ish.

Then they might start switching it up with more flashbacks.

And yes I will continue posting my subs to YouTube, I just won't be able to post the audio with it. You can play the audio in one tab and then watch my subs in another tab~

How did you get AliPay to work by the way? I'm trying to help other people be able to buy it too.

Aeli and Shimizu Yuki like this.
  16. kitkat2010

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't actually bought one of the episodes yet, but I've been using Alipay for about 2 years now when buying from Taobao. I don't know if someone would need to have a verified account on Alipay to buy the audio drama. Since I only use my credit card for Taobao purchases without an Alipay, I don't know if it would work the same.

17. Nakan

Nakan Member

Reading List:
    Link
  18. Yuslia

Yuslia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    O H M Y G O S H
    The animation is lit!!!!! It won't be long till GDC's characters have their nendroid version omg, I bet 100 cucumbers for this QAQ

Aeli, umbraphage, Rufi-sidd and 4 others like this.
  19. humlolly99

humlolly99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Attica, is it you, the one who translate the GDC audio on youtube?

20. Cypress

Reading List:
    Link