Recommendations Kingdom building

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by elinis, Jul 3, 2018.

1. chaosbeowulf

chaosbeowulf Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Guyver

Guyver Bio-Booster Armor

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC is a retired warmage living in a remote area of the kingdom as spellmonger (someone who sells sells spells to villagers and farmers) when goblin ish creatures invade with magic stones that greatly enhance a mages power. MC manages to acquire one and have it purified by the equivalent to elves. His stone can be used to purify other stones. So with the offer of stones he gathers old mage friends to try and defend the territory but they are overwhelmed by numbers and have to flee with the people.

The second book is about him convincing the Duke to send troops and him leading a troop to defend against the invasion while the dukedom prepares forces it ends with the war a stalemate and he gets a fief.

Book 3 onwards is about him developing his fief, Being caught up in nation level politics, Forming and running a mage organisation made to handle mages with the magic stone, Warring with his neighbouring lords, Setting up defences against the invaders, Being bothered by gods, Being bothered by elves, Being harassed by a nasty mage control organisation that serves only the King (but there has been no king for centuries) who want to lock up the magic stones not caring that about the war they are needed to fight, with added on mad mages and undead elves and lots of other etc.

CodeZero and elinis like this.
  3. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    All I remember is that it was terribly slow, full of brainless and redundant conversations.

4. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh it certainly is. I mean the author constantly goes over his previously made explanations in multiple chapters like we haven't heard it before. One of the most recent things he did was go to the store and casually bought a hundred thousand slaves. How the fuck does someone stock one hundred thousand people like its no big deal? Not to mention that there were a dozen slave trader shops on the same street.

5. fatinemelynn

fatinemelynn Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. elinis

elinis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if you are joking, but if no, please read what was written on the first page :D