Spoiler Any Spoilers for "Return of the Swallow"?

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiti, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Twinkle Twinkle

Twinkle Twinkle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So what happens to nee sun (Qin Yining's mother)? How is her relationship with her husband and the cao concubine? Does Qin Huaiyuan and the cao concubine get together or the like?

2. Twinkle Twinkle

Reading List:
    Link
    spoilers please!!!

3. Snowwhitefox

Snowwhitefox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Her mother is still alive and well, getting along fine with the father, no rumbles in the belly still. Cao concubine is no longer the concubine, just one sided love with the father - she stays by his side as his bodyguard. As I said in my previous spoiler, Lady Cao is badass and I hope the father accepts her later.

4. Twinkle Twinkle

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks

5. Pandan17

Pandan17 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like this novel with those up and down scene...
    I like the line pang xiao told to that fatty old b*stard...
    Can I call him Mr. Don't ever touch my woman ?

Lishasharma likes this.
  6. DemFeels

DemFeels Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Concubine Cao seems like a cool person but I can't help but hate the 2 women and 1 man kinda thing. I don't think I'll ever be able to truly get over that even after all the CNs I've read.

JimmyFalcon, Gum_Drops and Toyo like this.
  7. Toyo

Toyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesn't seem that this will go the same way. Father Qin seems pretty clearly a one wife person.

8. iampheng

iampheng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't Qin Huiyan have like 4 real concubines that Qin Yining dismissed a few chapters ago? The Dad could still accept nee Cao as a real concubine. He just doesn't seem like the kind of man that would let concubines undermine the authority of the head wife. It also seems like he cares a lot about what his daughter thinks of him...so that might affect the situation.

Varsha0907, JimmyFalcon and Cr0w like this.
  9. fantasy.92

fantasy.92 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What will happen to the grandma of MC , the mother of her father? Is she alive ?

10. Snowwhitefox

Snowwhitefox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately she still is alive.

redplatform_ likes this.
  11. Veedah

Veedah Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do you say "Unfortunately"

And what of the adopted daughter.. What happens to her

12. iampheng

Reading List:
    Link
    haha i agree with the "unfortunately" because that old lady has no loyalty whatsoever.

redplatform_ likes this.
  13. Veedah

Veedah Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What going to happen now cause where I am
    The Trampress wants a medicine ingredient to improve her looks. She said that the Soothsayer says that she needs the heart, bones, and flesh of a girl born on a certain birthdate.
    And Coincidentally the everything adds up to it being Qin Yining and The IDIOTIC Emperor has approved
    How will she avoid this
    Spoilers Anyone

iampheng, Cr0w and BScythe like this.
  14. Neo Legis

Neo Legis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yining will bribe the money hungry head priestess of the temple where she first met ML and houses her maternal family to pretend to be the soothsayer who's known as the mouth of God (Tianjizi). She asked her to spread news through teahouses and the common people until it reach the emperor that Yining is the destined person sent by the gods to safeguard their country and that her wellbeing is equal to the wellbeing of the country, that is, if Yining dies, the country will be destroyed. if she lives well, the country will live well. Yining knew that the 3 Tianjizi are missing after a persecution made by the 3 kingdoms but she didn't know that the surviving Tianjizi was really the priestess . The Tianjizi took the identity of being the head priestess of the temple to avoid persecution through ML's help.

The trampress pretended to be sick to pave way for the emperor's underlings to spread news of Yining being a demoness but the priestess worked faster than them. People already have a good impression of Yining and her father that they believed more on her being a lucky star, plus, the news came from the Tianjizi known as the mouth of God.

Yining's dad was sad that his daughter didn't seem to trust him by getting ahead of him by reaching out to the priestess and not talking to him first. He told MC that he was late to return because he was getting news from the palace as he's preparing for MC's escape and never thought of giving MC up. This is the part where MC's dad get's mad and gave up on the emperor for killing his in-law's family, putting his wife's life on the line, and now, planning to kill his daughter. So, he decided to focus on his family.

this is more graphic in the novel.

the trampress threw a fit by breaking things and cried at the kings knee asking him if he wasn't the king of everything that they couldn't get MC. the king said that she could have anyone else close to the requirements in order to appease her. The trampress chose 2 concubines/official's daughters, one coming from the justice department who was responsible for her father's further loss of power and had them tortured and cooked alive..

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  15. Veedah

Veedah Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks soo much
    So the people she "COOKED and TORTURED" were the Emperor's Concubine's?
    And How do things go after that
    Like with Qin Huining, The matriarch, Cao Yuqing and The Cousin (Whatever her name is)

16. Twinkle Twinkle

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't Qin Huining thrown out?

17. Neo Legis

Neo Legis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. They were long forgotten by the emperor. The trampress used the opportunity to clean the harem.

I haven't read that much ahead but where I'm at, there's a war and her father made MC the manager of the household because the grandmother is getting muddle headed and were punishing people left and right especially MC's mom just because she thinks they will drag the family down. The grandma isn't happy and said the father was unfilial but MC's father told her to rest as anger will harm her body and he did that because what she's doing isn't helping them and MC is clear headed and can help him especially since there's a war. MC also indirectly told her father to reject the crown prince's request for an engagement but just answered that her marriage should be what her father thinks will best work for her family when asked if she wants to be bethroted to ML. ML sent another secret guard proficient in medicine to MC.

18. Twinkle Twinkle

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoilers please. Up to where you have read. Please!!

19. Veedah

Veedah Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks
    The Grandma really pisses me off

20. iampheng

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't even fathom how anyone thinks carving out someone's heart and pounding it with bones and flesh will is a reasonable request. The Emperor is clearly delusional as he doesn't see how cruel such measures are...in the name of maintaining beauty. I hope they get what's coming to them and let it be sweet justice.