Discussion Any tips on Ad blockers for mobile?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nixolas_Zinn, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Nixolas_Zinn

Nixolas_Zinn Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks mates, and remember you ain't just helping me, you are helping anyone else having problems with ads on mobile. So I'll go ahead and try some solutions.
    Also it helps to update my browser and antivirus before continuing whoops lol

Ps. It's not a virus

2. ElefantVerd

ElefantVerd It's not me, and it's not you.

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that I'm in a computer, I researched the entire web using a powerful web searching spider and found this one tip, that I think all admins should take a look and maybe, maybe put on a FAQ or something.

There are some advertising that use a technique to hijack your page. Normaly you are sent to a page saying your cellphone has a random number of viruses or something, and forces the opening of Google Store or something alike. You can't use the "back" function because it will go back to the page before the one you was reading when the tab got hijcaked, and in some times it means simply closing the tab.

The technique is simple, the advertising uses an iframe that substitute the main web page, a thing called framebusting. It has some legitimate uses, but advertising uses this to hijack your tab and forcing a content on you. Worst case, you are redirected to a page that try to infects your cellphone.

The way to avoit it is very simple and is documented here. The short version is:

1. Load chrome://flags/#enable-framebusting-needs-sameorigin-or-usergesture in the browser's address bar.
      1. open a new tab
      2. put the "chrome://flags/" in the address line and hit ENTER
      3. use Ctrl+F to find "framebusting"
    2. Switch the status of the "Framebusting requires same-origin or a user gesture" experimental flag from default to enabled.
    3. Restart the Chrome browser.
    upload_2018-7-8_10-12-51.png

That means the framebusting will still works, but only on cases where the origin and target addresses are on the same domain.

That's it. Restart Chrome and you are good to go.

Sorry for the engrish.

CountryMage and Asinine Rymme like this.