Recommendations Does anyone know a good Isekai Novel?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Lexyth, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Lexyth

Lexyth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Lexyth

Lexyth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh okay, will look into it. Even though i don't quite like starting novels that were dropped, in the end, every not completed novel (still translating/ongoing i mean) is basically like dropped after the latest chap is reached for a while. (Specially for me, cause then i dont come back to it for some months... dont like reading 100 novels at a time 1 chap a week xD) Thanks for the info^^

3. Lexyth

Lexyth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh ok, then i'm probably gonna read it sooner or later^^. Thanks for the info^^

Douluo Dalu: Yeah, was gonna read the manga to it, but never really came to start it... Thats the problem when you want to see/read so many things xD Still need to see/read so much... (some hundred anime, multiple hundred manga and like 80 or more novels xD And i still didn't have anything to read till now(2h ago) xD)

4. deathrain

deathrain Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you might also like hachinan tte sore wa nai deshou(almost forgot about it, it's good there was new chapter) similar to tensei but even more slice of life story.

for Douluo Dalu don't recommend manga(even CG anime version is better), big problem of manga is it was dumb down to get age rating for children, but LN it's targeted for teen or even late teens. A lot of stuff was changed and MC in LN is much more OP than how is shown in manga. (also this might be this author's best work, and it will be fully translated soon, may be by end of year)

Drake888 likes this.
  5. Lexyth

Lexyth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For hachinan tte sore wa nai deshou i read the manga too, till the latest chapter^^ But i think i gotta reread everything in novel since its just always way further than manga and anime(well anime is obvious, but manga not... i think xD)
    And yeah, i think in general im just gonna go with novel before manga from now on, just so i dont have to reread all to get the newer part of the story xD

6. Zethuron

Zethuron Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My current top favorite : The Experimental Log of the Crazy Lich : high comedy focus while also having its good moments. It is rough to start reading this novel due to the author's writing style, also first 50-60 or so chapters are without a serious plot. I personally recommend this.
    The Magus of Genesis : This is a slice of life novel with adventure mixed in, i found this different than those other Isekai novels.
    The Amber Sword : Just a good read overall, the first arc is by far the best.
    Tsuyokute New Saga : A very good read, only problem is that it never gets updated. Manga is far ahead.

A RRL one also:
    Azarinth Healer : a great one with female protagnist, it has a nice adventure feel to it.

7. Drake888

Drake888 That one guy. You know, the one over there.

Reading List:
    Link
    Tales of Demons and Gods. Although there is currently a problem with the author.
    Isekai Tensei Soudoki. No op protagonist though. Has a great manga.

8. Drake888

Drake888 That one guy. You know, the one over there.

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely avoid Douluo Dalu manga

9. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    It was pretty good in the beginning, but after awhile I just got tired of it and moved on. Good luck.

10. mokonaarappa

mokonaarappa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Lexyth

Lexyth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Experimental: Definetly gonna read it xD The summary alone is already hilarious xD
    The Magus of Genesis: Already read to v2ch17 (though there are 5 new chapters) ^^ Was really fun^^ Just waiting for there to be some more chapters^^
    The Amber Sword: Will give it a look^^ Sounds nice^^
    Tsuyokute: Already wanted to read the manga to it for quite some time now^^
    Azarinth Healer: Sounds fun xD The summary and first chapters Title already give a good impression^^

Thanks for the suggestions^^

12. Lexyth

Lexyth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tales of Demons and Gods: Will give it a look^^
    Isekai Tensei: Already wanted to read the manga, though the 3Souls in a body setting kinda wasn't to my taste that much...

13. Lexyth

Lexyth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tsuki ga michibiku: Already read 30 or so chaps of the manga and wanted to read the novel too, for some time now^^
    The New Gate: Already wanted to read the manga, but for some reason never really started...Will give it a look^^
    Tensei Shitara Slime: Already read the manga to the latest point, but as with ->
    ->Kumo Desu ga: I kinda feel like i like the Manga style more, but will also give a look at both as Novels^^
    Death March: Already saw the anime and Manga to its latest, but sadly i kinda lost interest around after the tower part...Though i still wanted to give it another try, since the votes are quite good and i also liked the premise^^

14. waG9

waG9 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. adwaitv10

adwaitv10 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Could you please tell which site can it be found? Are the translations only upto what is here Re:Monster ?

16. Johnnycabra

Johnnycabra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no, they are on the wikia site for remonster. you go and click the release tab and choose novel then it shows you a volume to click. you also just choose novel and it will lead to a page where the novels are posted as images. you can click whichever want you want to read.

you are then lead to the page for whatever volume you chose. go to the bottom of page that looks like a table with days marked. when you click on the grouped days (week), you get sent to a page where you can choose the individual day and that will lead to the translation of that day. the translations should be up to current volume so book 7 or 8 iirc.

for some reason, novelupdates does not show or update translations from this site. that might be a question to ask a mod or tony.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    adwaitv10 likes this.
  17. Bakanogami

Bakanogami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I Was a Sword When I Reincarnated is good, it's a really fun adventure story. It takes a little while to get started, but picks up once the MC meets his wielder. No real romance, his relationship with Fran is more Father/Daughter. They maintain a consistent level of strength where they're always just one level away from being the strongest, so they're stronger than almost everyone they meet, but can still have challenging and interesting fights where they're the underdog.

Kumo Desu Ga Nani Ka is famously good. MC starts in a dungeon and spends most of her time at first running away and hiding, but then conquers the dungeon and someday the world. No romance last I checked. Good worldbuilding, and the MC is fun and interesting. Both it and sword have really nicely developed status systems.

The Death Mage Doesn't Want a Fourth Time - MC starts as a baby with no backup but in pretty short order becomes a twisted existence that gods shiver in fear at the sight of. Great worldbuilding, good cast of characters. MC kinda has a harem but it's not really emphasized. It's fun watching the MC get more and more inhuman as he grows stronger. One of my recent favorites.

Arifureta - It's a bit edgy for my tastes, but a lot of people like it. It's the original "summoned with entire class, bullied kid is the only weak one, but then becomes strong and gets revenge" story. It's a fantasy world, but the MC does make guns and motorcycles and stuff. Has a very "Doesn't take any bullshit" attitude. Has a romance/harem, but IIRC it's not given that much screentime, it simply exists.

Death March has one of the most OP MCs ever, but he does start OP from the very beginning so I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for.

18. Lexyth

Lexyth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Already got into the Manga 3-4 month ago, but dropped it pretty quickly and even though it started pretty funny, i kinda lost interest throughout after about 20 chaps, even though it was latest chap when i stopped^^ maybe i'll look at it when i got nothing else to read^^

Thanks for the suggestion^^

19. Lexyth

Lexyth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sword: Already read the manga to it, and also had that in mind (+kumo desu ga; +slime datta... or so) when i said that mc doesnt need to be human xD Though i reached the latest chaps of the manga, i kinda didnt really like it that much that i'd reread the novel, but it was still good nontheless^^

Kumo...(BigSpider): Already read the manga and i'm also going to read the novel to it^^

Death Mage doesn't want 4th: Yeah, gonna read it soon^^

Arifureta: Already got to the latest in Manga(some time ago "latest") and sadly lost interest after they got out of the cave... Though it was a good start, and i might try it again as novel later down the road^^

20. waG9

waG9 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    didn't read the manga so can't compare, but it's true that the story doesn't give him much opportunity to show how truly OP he is.
    And he worries to much to use his abilities and game mechanics in "real world" , well simple feature to navigate battlefield turned into ridiculous instant movement skill.
    And as shown later his worries weren't groundless, since when he went and finally got little serious; people were falling to their knees and praying to god.
    A game mechanic that works in reality can be really op.
    But yeah it's mostly a light story to waste some time, with only little seriousness.

you might like https://www.novelupdates.com/series/sayonara-ryuusei-konnichiwa-jinsei/
    although it's not typical 'into different world' story, and unfortunately it's dropped when things get interesting. but i hope with more people being interested someone will pick it up. sigh*