Spoiler You're Beautiful When You Smile

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ashie, Sep 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Lily Rose Tulip

Lily Rose Tulip Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure. I didn’t check which chapter it was. But it’s quite far into the stories. Before that you get their before-couple stories

• Fl got drunk. Ml took care of fl. Ml’s brother arrived. Ml carried fl home.
    • Ml is displaying signs of favouritism
    • They took official photos for the team. Ml saw fl in her underwear
    • Ml and fl got caught in bed.
    • Ml and fl went on we’re-not-yet-a-couple-but-let’s-go-on-a-date-anyway date

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  2. broodingcat

broodingcat Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This story is actually so cute and light-hearted. I love the MC's personality. Just the perfect mixture of shameless and fiesty.

3. Lily Rose Tulip

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too. She’s like a ball of sunshine. Very suitable for the ml. :)

Janminx likes this.
  4. Chilli_Chiia

Chilli_Chiia Trying to survive my courses

Reading List:
    Link
    What chapter was their first kiss?

5. hmlss017

hmlss017 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    RANDOM SCENE

This scene after they won against her ex-boyfriends team. (Note: Machine Translated)
    Isn't it winning the game? Also won pretty.
    What is the meaning of this coffin face?
    At this time, Tonglu was rushing to ask the staff to ask where the bandages had been. After getting the instructions, he took out the bag under the pile of folders on the table and grabbed the imported bag. He was about to follow Lu Sicheng, heard Xiaorui’s question, and paused kindly. Drop two words: "Vinegar."
    Then it disappeared outside the door like a burning ass.
    nursery rhymes: "The player's handshake is a ceremonial ceremony. This ceremonial is not set by me. I only have a hand for a season. I look at the lpl. In addition to the teammate's hand, I still have no touch. Is it difficult for me to shake hands and disinfect alcohol on the spot? You don't make sense."
    Nursery rhymes: "Just hold your hand."
    Nursery rhymes: "You don't hold it anymore? What vinegar?"
    Nursery rhymes: "Les Opinion ."
    Nursery rhymes: "Oh, actually, for a long time, although I like Yangyang in my mouth, I don’t have any other thoughts in my heart. I am not angry, nostalgia, no love, and it’s fun to talk about on weekdays. It’s said that it’s a god of yang, even the fans know that I’m this stupid virtue – you didn’t listen to people saying a word, after breaking up, when one day, you can re-save the deleted phone number and delete the WeChat. Back, and then sit down calmly and open a joke between friends, that is really let go."
    Nursery rhymes: "Is it really reasonable?"
    Nursery rhymes: "Captain."
    Nursery rhymes: "Cheng Ge."
    Nursery rhymes "Fei Jun."
    Nursery rhymes: "Baby."
    Nursery rhymes: "Lu Sicheng!"
    Nursery rhymes: "...you go to the blind date!"
    Nursery rhymes: "You must have many beautiful young girls in your WeChat circle! Everyday! Peek at the photos of others!"
    Nursery Rhymes: "Is the WeChat of the blind date deleted?

6. Sweeter_than_Sugar

Sweeter_than_Sugar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Lily Rose Tulip where did you found the full novel? I was trying to find it but can't :cry:
    It doesn't need to be translated... I just want the full story... I know a little bit of Chinese so I hope I can read it.. even if a little bit... 'cause the translation is too slow :cry:(although I am grateful for it :))

7. Lily Rose Tulip

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t remember exactly because I was trying out a bunch of different sources. Some sources don’t give a complete writing (when they’re in a competition and there are announcers explaining, some don’t have that). I’ll give you two that I think I tried and you can check yourself?

http://www.77xsw.la/book/10040/

https://m.lewenxiaoshuo.com/books/niweixiaoshihenmei/

8. Sweeter_than_Sugar

Sweeter_than_Sugar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Lily Rose Tulip

Reading List:
    Link
    No problem. Enjoy reading :love:

10. worldtraveller

worldtraveller Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't wait anymore.. can I get descriptive spoilers on fluffs before they get together? Also who proposed first? How did ML pursue MC before they dated? Actually, when and how did he admit that he had fallen for her?
    Edit: Tried to search for my own answers. Excerpt from Chapter 86:
    From what I skimmed, it seemed that there was an scandal with a different team, seemed to be about a fan and a player. She found the girl crying and give her umbrella to her (it's raining that time). Later, she was drenched in the rain as she returned and Cheng Ge found her. They were at backstage and she was surprised that he was there. He said it suddenly became a double interview, that's why he's there. He asked her why she didn't ask anyone for an umbrella and she said that she did. It's just that she gave the umbrella away. He gave her a blanket (?) to dry herself with.He asked her why she's not watching the second game which she answered with she doesn't want to as she dried her hair. She then questioned why the fans are watching and what do they want. Do they want an idol? Or someone to set up? The table was not as good as they think, she said. Cheng Ge held her wrist, and asked what's really up with her. Then she started voicing her doubts in their e-sports circle. The atmosphere may not be as good as she thought. Anyways, she was feeling sympathetic for the girl (from what I gather, the girl was a fan the player found her annoying at first. Then later, even the girl find herself annoying to the point of losing confidence and crying? Not sure what happened). He then proceeded to comfort her saying it's not all that bad. Saying her teammates are good, the team and base(?) was also good. Anyways, he's saying they're good as gold. I'm not sure what his next line meant, something about a pole and two person. Then he suddenly said "I'm a good person." Tong Yao blinked at him. His hand holding her wrist became tighter. He said she's worried about this situation. She was like, what worry? Then he explained his self saying before, he didn't have time to say anything. She was desperate (?) about the circle and she had also gotten into trouble. Then he let go of her hand. Then looked at her closer, even bending down a bit. He then said the lines I quoted above. But for easier reading time:
    Cheng Ge: This circle still has a good man, handsome, very rich, good at gaming, not a powder(?), the base as a monk temple, every morning to get up and miss a heart"
    Tong Yao: Who?
    Cheng Ge: Me
    Tong Yao: ...
    Cheng Ge: So. . .
    The man squinted his lips slightly, his lips were tight, and the dark brown eyes were slightly condensed.
    Cheng Ge: If you ask that question, ask again, do you want to try?
    Her whole brain shut down from his question. She just ask in a reflexive way -
    Tong Yao: . . . what to try?
    Cheng Ge: Me.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    Ceilo27, Purple Lotus and ScholarlyAF like this.
  11. KichiX

KichiX Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any more spoilers? The translations have almost caught up with the more detailed spoilers regarding their relationship (ie getting together etc.) so what happens after that? Anyone?

12. SilverSoul1

SilverSoul1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ML keeps calling FL short. But in the drama, FL is such a tall person! I feel so offended somehow cuz I'm just 5':blobjoy:

Anyway, does anyone know how tall is ML and FL for him to call her shorty?
    And how old are they in the novel?

13. Crystal93

Crystal93 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ML around 1.8 meters and FL around 1.5 meters

FL 19y.o. but at near the end FL celebrated her 20th birthday.. and ML older than her around 5 y.o

SilverSoul1 likes this.
  14. SilverSoul1

SilverSoul1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Awww that is so cute! No wonder he keeps calling her shorty & kid.
    But kinda disappointed with the fl cast's height cuz she's wayyy too high from being 150cm but other than that, they did a great job in casting the actress as the fl. She's perfect!

The ml? No word for him. He's too perfect!

15. peach.pudin

peach.pudin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    do you know any difference between the dorama and novel? the ending is the same?

16. OceanMagix

OceanMagix Catnapping periodically. Existence is oblivious

Reading List:
    Link
    man, if it wasn’t for my friends netflix after a horror movie (which i was not a fan of) advertisement, i didn’t even realize that it was adapted to drama :blobfearful::blobscream:. so out of loop i am...:bloborz::sweating_profusely:

17. Elisee

Elisee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  18. RoseCh

RoseCh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The same ending but they did not include the extra chapters rather, they incorporated some parts of it. There are also some character changes (annoyed me so much). They made Lao K non accepting of Tong Yao and also made Jian Yang more desperate to get back together with her.

19. peach.pudin

peach.pudin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened in the extra chapters?

20. RoseCh

RoseCh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Firstly, the parts they incorporated in the adaptation:
    • Xiao Pang got food poisoned - During their break, he had food poisoning from hotpot (he missed eating Chinese food so he ate so much that night) a day before the second round of group match and Tong Yao's birthday. After Lu Sicheng found out it's her birthday, he bought her flowers, a cake and a Tiffany necklace (he also promised to give her a diamond ring with marriage certificate on her next birthday lol).This part they didn't include, Tong Yao became the sub support and Lu Yue became the sub mid for 2 consecutive matches. They won on the first match because the opponent team is weaker than them but they lost on the second match. If they won the second match, they would have a no defeat record for that season.
    • Tong Yao vs. Li Mintai (TAT's mid) - Their final face off happened in the world championship semi-finals instead of a skirmish on episode 14. I think they have a potential for enemies to lovers trope hahaha. He's quite scary though.
    The extra chapters were about what happened between after the LPL finals to the world championship.
    Tong Yao actually had a pregnancy scare 5 days after the LPL finals. Her period was late for 2 days (idk what to think about this one). This one's Tong Yao's fault though. The only one time they didn't use protection was their first time because they weren't prepared. He bought her an after pill the next day and even reminded her to take it but she forgot. All is well in the end anyway because the test kit says negative. But I have to commend Chessman for insisting that he'll use tt instead of making her take pills after the first time.
    CK, YQCB and ZGDX were the teams qualified for the world championship. CK was the first to get eliminated on the quarter-finals, then YQCB on the semi-finals. ZGDX almost lost to OP, a strong Korean team, but had a comeback after 2 defeated matches. They won with 2:3 score.
    On the semi-finals, they went against TAT, Chessman's former Korean team and the previous season's champion. They almost lost to them too but was able to win with 2:3 score again. For these two games, Lu Yue and Tong Yao switched for several times as their strategy.
    Tong Yao had one face to face interaction with Li Mintai. Xiao Pang invited her to his shared room with Lu Sicheng to have some snacks. She went to their floor and came across Lee Mintae smoking by the window. She tried acting like she didn't see him but he initiated the conversation. He told her to win against OP so that they can play against each other on the semi and see who's the better Leblanc. Your girl is still scared of him (T0T) but she's more annoyed of his arrogance and offering cigarettes to Lu Sicheng.
    Their second interaction was after they won against OP. Because she was the MVP, she did an interview (the host was a tall girl in heels Lu Sicheng called her legs really short lmao). There she revealed her crying and getting drunk after her first skirmish with TAT. He was on the audience side and had to hide when the camera panned on him. Let's just say, after that interview, everyone honored Lee Mintae a knew title as the man who bullied the e-sport's national daughter hahahaha. Lu Sicheng was jealous of their 'flirting'. Let me quote her response when her teammates teased her:
    "Don’t be so childish, all of you--It was an interview, how could I damn say: That Li Mintai had traumatized me and made me cry, if I don’t seek revenge, my lifespan will be shortened by 10 years. Fortunately, I’ve turned into a monster who can defeat Jin Yuguang already. So Li Mintai, you better wash your neck clean and wait for me to take your damn head?"
    They won the finals quite easily. It's pretty symbolic because ZGDX played against 2 of the strongest team from LCK, and LCK is considered to be the strongest LOL region. It's like they've already overcome their weaknesses.
    I also think that the other team had some internal conflicts too. They literally had a brawl in between breaks.
    Unfortunately, the story ended shortly after they received the cup. There is no extended part of them getting engaged or married. Just really them winning the world championship. I doubt there will be a season 2 for the drama too because the whole story is already wrapped up.
    But there's a spin-off about Aijia and Jinyang. It's not translated yet. I haven't read it yet but based on the comments on jjwxc, Tong Yao and Lu Sicheng might have some cameo.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2023