Discussion Idiot buyers when buying or selling online.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Vex, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Arkus86

Arkus86 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heh, cheapskates :blobconfused:

2. Eques

Eques Translation machine (not)

Reading List:
    Link
    Wanna more? The guy's selling things online (privately), and he often gets messages like: "I'm a single mother/invalid etc., you should send it to me for free". When he declines (politely), they get angry.
    Oh, and ignoring messages and being unavailable is normal, though he says it's not as annoying as agreeing to meet and then not coming and ignoring messages (as it wastes his time and often money for transport).
    Don't get me started on buying and selling cars... :blobexpressionless:

3. lkaze

lkaze [NTR Sect Follower][@Get Tony To Tease Parth Fund]

Reading List:
    Link
    It actually between risk and reward. 2000 is the brand new price. 1000 is a second hand price. I'm guessing people try to get from you below 1000 is most probably because you don't have a reputation as a reseller( is this correct) Since transaction in internet is risky, people will only upped the price for a good reputation reseller. While people who offer you to buy your stuff is most probably reseller themselves looking for stock. Since these reseller are selling at 1000, it doesn't make sense for them to offer at that price.

Here a perspective for you to think about.

4. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like what I always reply to people in my shop:

Them: can I bargain for the price?
    Me: yes you may, but the price stick....

5. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you ship it worldwide? Give me the link. I'll buy it. 1500 in your currency.

6. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    I had a guy selling an old iPad for the cost of new 5 years ago. One, it was used for several years. Two, at the said date, his used iPad costed more than a new iPad of the same generation.

I inquired of him, what was so special in his iPad to warrant such a high price. The last I had heard, they weren't selling secret or special pieces.

His reply, well it's better when you hear in quotation, 'It's the same as when I bought it. I ain't gonna make a loss at this'.

Eques likes this.
  7. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    If noone is willing to pay the price you want then you are probably the idiot seller tbh. I for instance would pay about half the worth of a new one... over here in sweden people are super retarded about used consoles and pc's like no your 5 year old computer is not worth 1000 dollars and your ps4 with 2 games is not worth 350 dollars when i can buy a brand new ps4 for 300...

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  8. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    My personal favourite sellers though are the ones like these,

What their ad says,

'A perfectly alright phone. Have been used first hand, everything works fine. It's 9/10.

Only, it's glass back is broken'.

Yeah, perfectly fine alright!

Vex likes this.
  9. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sell they some gum, perfectly fresh mint condition, only its chewed

Vex and Tramsloof like this.
  10. Vex

Vex Eat-Sleep-Repeat

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually the headphones original MRP is around 2.5k. Plus it's still under warranty and us barely used. By using the term barely used, I really mean it. It's hardly been used for a month or so, that too infrequently. Now I am offering everything from the bill, original accesories, box etc, and people still find 1000 high. *Sigh*

You don't even get a good earphone under 1k these days. Lol

11. Vex

Vex Eat-Sleep-Repeat

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol...actually I think it depends more on the game you are selling...

As for the price...well, I still have got a sizeable amount of people bargaining from 700-800. So I guess, I still haven't fallen to the category of an idiot seller. Lol

12. lkaze

lkaze [NTR Sect Follower][@Get Tony To Tease Parth Fund]

Reading List:
    Link
    The truth and their perception is two different thing. The issue is that your prospect do not have the trust in you to buy it online. Also as I mentioned, most buyer are probably reseller themselves, so there are just looking for cheap bargain deal as their job. Not much you can do about it as reputation as online seller is very important. The best you could do is sell it to someone you know or Facebook. If you sell via Facebook and agree to Meetup for product check, you might have more chance

homieRGL likes this.