Spoiler The Scum Villain's Self-Saving System

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Apr 19, 2017.

?

Will it get better

1. Yes

93.9%
  2. No

6.1%
  1. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks so much for the explanations and elaborations!

I finally found that second ZZL short and when you know ZZL didn't make it through that final battle, yeah those final lines just...
    aghhh my heart :(

(Honestly, I sometimes think that SQQ's humorous commentary, warm compassion, and sheer will to live are literally the only things stopping Scum Villain from being a horrible heartwrenching tragedy.

Like jesus christ if it weren't for SQQ's meta comments, almost every single scene would be sad in some way. You can see that in fanfics with an AU more serious SQQ, which almost always end up being depressing)

Aeli, scriptor and Fuyuneko like this.
  2. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh and before I forget...

Here everyone, have some more depressing stuff! This time it's fanfics about a LQG who feels unrequited love towards SQQ, yet who in the end can only wish SQQ and LBH well.

http://2401tommorrow.lofter.com/post/1ddf8733_11ee6a0c

http://2401tommorrow.lofter.com/post/1ddf8733_11f28750

http://luolanhua.lofter.com/post/1f3b2bcf_12722561

The fics touch upon the idea that LQG and LBH are really quite similar. It's just that LBH actively seizes the initiative to openly express his feelings, and had the advantage of appealing to SQQ's protective instincts. Meanwhile LQG is even more "Tsundere" than SQQ, so he would take forever to confess even the slightest bit of affection (and with SQQ being so oblivious, ouch...). And LQG's awesomeness attracts SQQ's admiration instead of anything else :(

Mmm so wonderfully deliciously heartbreaking~

3. c0c0ly

c0c0ly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi everyone...
    Im newbie here...im sorry if my english bad, english is not my mother language..:D
    So, i have been obsessed over SV for this last 2 week, and i have been glued to my phone since..
    Aniway, thanks for #scriptor (how to tag name?) for translating this novel,,im so gratefull..:notworthy: also thanks for all others member who is supporting spoiler, give recomendation fic, pointer and all..

And because i have finish reading the current translation and some raw..im start hunting for fanfic..
    If any of you can please give me some recom for Original!LBH aka Bing-ge / Original!SQQ aka Shen jiu, i would be so happy...i kind of ship them, because, i think, shen jiu is not supposed to just disappear like that, without knowing where and why. And Bing-ge also feeling unfair in the cannon...sooo...its feels like the novel is unfinish for me
    Thank you..

Acsis likes this.
  4. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahaha, that was actually one of my favorite little moments. SQQ told someone that he was looking for LBH and someone (a monk, IIRC) said: "Uh, isn't he always behind you?"

ROFL! LBH was always staying right behind SQQ, and everyone saw him except for SQQ. Idk but it was really funny for me.

swordfish, Aeli, neu and 4 others like this.
  5. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah that mental image was pretty funny~ I think it was TLJ who finally pointed it out to SQQ.

Though I found it pretty sad too, in the way it kind of summed up their relationship. SQQ always walking boldly forward into the light, while LBH can only follow him longingly from the shadows.
    But this time SQQ was trying to find you, stupid Bingbing <3

swordfish, namio, Aeli and 5 others like this.
  6. Melonee_Mizu

Melonee_Mizu Looking for motivation

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the update, @scriptor ! (Yeah I check the website like almost every day for an update LOL sorry)
    Question tho, although I dunno if anyone knows or not, but the Sun and Moon seed thingies (rip I can't English today), exactly how many did Shen Yuan take? And do one seed = one body or...?? toooottally not asking for fanfic reasons....
    Also fucking Shang Qinghua HAHAHA, he needs to be a fucking actor, not a writer. His acting skills are PERFECT.

Again! Thanks for the update! And regarding the whole thing of ppl wanting on time updates-- like I get how it can be a bit infuriating as a reader waiting on someone to fulfil their promise, however, you can't help in regards to what happens in real life. Don't beat yourself up too much about what others say. Personally, for me, I'm not bothered with waiting. Then again, this is coming from someone who checks every day for an update (because i'm dumb) and often rereads everything when bored at work. I'd say it's going wonderfully so far.

And I get how IRL screws up the timing on translations. Like personally, I should be halfway with the last three chapters for the Airplane extras but since I broke up with my GF and depression hit me like a snake striking my butt, it's taking longer than expected I haven't finished extra chapter 4 yet so lol. So, again, don't feel bad over what happens or whatev. Just keep it like "semi-irregular" updates or smth and try not to promise anything, is my take on it.
    then again, I'm a person that almost never makes promises if I know I can't do it right, so LOL take my words with a grain of salt.

I might have said this too much???? BUT THANKS FOR THE UPDATES IWOFHOWIEHFW /slithers away screeching like a goat

Aeli, readerz and scriptor like this.
  7. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Lololol no worries~

*hugs* Thanks for the support! I’m sorry to hear you’re having troubles, but I hope you feel better soon. *invites you to secret pillow fort*

And my understanding of the seed is that SQQ harvested several. He needs to plant a lot and only the one(s) that sprout have a chance of working the way he intends them to be used. So yes, it’d be one seed = 1 body. But only if the seed sprouts. :3

8. LannyjI

LannyjI Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, thanks for your release! :aww:
    Yo, I'm not sure if you saw my comment and accepted it on your page, so here I go again, haha. If I remember correctly, my comment was:

While I was reading this, I noticed there was quite a bit of the chapter missing. After Shen invite Gongyi to his peak, there should be a scene where Gongyi asks Shen who to send his regards to(?). Shen accidentally responds with, "Luo Binghe," and it should show a brief insight of what Gongyi Xiao thinks of this. There was also a scene where when the snake man is unveiled, Gongyi Xiao addresses the him as a "monster" which provokes an minor angry reaction out of the snake man. Lastly, the last sentence of the chapter, I believe, has Shen Qingqiu doubting that Luo Binge will return in five years and come earlier then expected.

A while ago, I translated up to chapter 37(I think?) for a close friend of mine. It's been a while since I translated chapter 30, so I hope I didn't get anything wrong. I like reading your translation better though, you picked up on a lot of things I missed ~:blobmelt:

scriptor likes this.
  9. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    It's totally up to the reader but I personally believe that Shen Jui didn't kill LQG deliberately. In fact, even if he did kill LQG, we know from how the story went that LQG was in a Qi Deviation-induced murderous rage so even then it would have probably been self-defense on Shen Jui's part.

OMG that is frickin' hilarious!

"I didn't bet a huge amount on you because I believed in you, I just wanted to uphold the honor of Quiet Peak, baka!"

"I gave you my virginity because I was trying to cure your Qi Deviation, baka!"

In one of the Airplane extras, he found LBH and SQQ on their honeymoon as they blissfully wandered around the world together without a care in the world. LBH was doing all of the domestic chores and cooking delicious food for SQQ every day. He was angry that Airplane arrived to spoil their alone time (LOL) and wouldn't serve Airplane any dinner but SQQ gently admonished him not to bully his senior (Airplane) so Airplane was allowed to eat the noodles that were still in the pot. :love:

I think it's LBH lovingly taking care of SQQ while SQQ acts like a kindergarten teacher... hahahahaha.

Yeah, it's so tragic. :notlikeblob:

BTW, I think no one mentioned it but when ZZL captured SQQ, he offered SQQ whatever he wanted. Something like "you will be treated as an honored guest and I will make sure you have whatever you want."

Then when ZZL asked SQQ what he wanted, SQQ was like "I want a woman."

ZZL was like :blobdizzy:. He said he hadn't expected that SQQ would want something like that.

I think ZZL might have a bit of a crush on SQQ and was disappointed because in his heart SQQ's reputation was like a "knight in shining armor." Nonetheless, he actually did get some women for SQQ. :blob_grin: I guess among demons using a prostitute isn't a big deal?

But that was just a trick, lol, SQQ asked the women to help him escape.

Also, wasn't there a time when TLJ caught SQQ and ZZL in bed? LOL. :blobparty: That was very funny.

SQQ: It's not what you think.

TLJ: You don't have to explain, I understand.

SQQ: :facepalm: (he literally facepalmed lol)

LBH was also in the bed with SQQ and ZZL, hiding under the sheets, hahahahaha. It's hard to explain but SQQ had been captured (yet again) and LBH came to visit when ZZL came to treat SQQ' injuries/poison. They got into a scuffle and SQQ hid LBH when TLJ arrived.

At first, TLJ was kinda teasing them that he thought they had been "doing that" but it became pretty clear soon enough that he did understand since he knew LBH was there.

Wen Rou, swordfish, Aeli and 4 others like this.
  10. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the heads-up! I’m still going through the backlog of comments lol, so I might not have gotten to it yet.

Just curious, did you read the updated version on jjwxc? I’m translating based off the older version that I’ve been told is missing parts. :cookie:

11. LannyjI

LannyjI Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I did! Though I went on some other sites to read the rest... haha...

readerz and scriptor like this.
  12. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

1. I think there's another reason why ZZL was shocked at SQQ requesting a woman--remember TLJ's great love of "Spring Mountain of Regrets"? (The bawdy song about LBH and SQQ's complicated love affair)
    I'm betting ZZL had previously heard TLJ singing that song as well as some other rumors of the LBH/SQQ relationship. So when SQQ said that, he was like "wtf was the love song wrong?"
    In fact, while they're at the brothel, the ladies start singing Spring Mountain of Regrets!! SQQ is like completely WTF, while ZZL is giggling on the side like "Oh is this what you were actually interested in coming here for?"

2. Yeah just to clarify the second incident... this is right after the Holy Mausoleum. SQQ was captured by TLJ and ZZL, and ZZL had to keep visiting SQQ for periodic treatments of one of the wounds from the Holy Mausoleum. It just so happened that LBH snuck in to visit SQQ right before one of the treatment sessions. LBH of course got super jealous and started strangling ZZL, when TLJ barged in. SQQ had to think super quickly so he dragged ZZL onto the bed and pushed LBH under the covers, so when TLJ comes in he sees SQQ and ZZL on a ruffled bed.

...Cue TLJ being both troll and genuine by saying "oh, interesting. Can I stay and watch?"

Miki T, swordfish, Lady Jiang and 5 others like this.
  13. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    That explains it then, lol. I won’t be translating the new version (so people can support the author and buy it), but I’ve got someone who will update me on what goes on in it for those interested. :blobmelt:

readerz likes this.
  14. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    That scene with SQQ getting introduced to the bawdy song had me laughing so hard lol. SQQ just about died from shame. XD

TLJ is super funny. I think he even gave a sort of ‘thumbs-up’ to SQQ for doing what he thought was a threesome. PFFT. Demons are truly shameless~

readerz likes this.
  15. Lady Jiang

Lady Jiang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    TLJ indeed is shameless.
    In the ZZL extra, there’s a scene about him and TLJ talking about who does LBH resemble more, TLJ or SXY. TLJ said that LBH looks like SXY and he intends to be cold just like her. But both of them know that LBH’s affection towards human and his stubborness regarding love comes from TLJ. TLJ commented that LBH is lucky because SQQ, unlike SXY, won’t call the whole human side and imprison LBH under a mountain(they don’t know the truth yet) then he asked whether ZZL want to rob this luck from LBH (it’s after the demon mausoleum part and SQQ is in their hands)
    ZZL’s like ‘ No no no no how could I’ and TLJ’s like ‘that’s quite popular among demons, the former Mobei Jun actually take the bride of his little brother as his own bride so it’ll be alright, you two are just cousins’( this part also explains why in SQH’s extra when he’s helping MBJ get the inheritance the uncle of MBJ popped out and try to kill MBJ, not only because of power seizing but it’s a family scandal)
    ZZL still refused, saying things like ‘ it’s because your highness has forced me to buy those books and listen to those... songs and even read them aloud so I got that feeling!’
    So later when TLJ find him in bed with SQQ( and later realized there’s also a LBH under the sheets) he’s like ‘oh so you still take actions good boy’
    PS: TLJ did not really want ZZL to be with SQQ, he just knows that his plant body won’t last long and want his loyal nephew to have a responsible new master to follow and SQQ seems a good one because he doesn’t really hate demons like most humans, ZZL feels it but he still never asked to leave, until his last moment.

16. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Whoa thanks so much for the explanation! Man the demon politics is probably the part of the novel I had the most trouble understanding, especially all the MBJ parts~

17. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't SQQ half-naked, too? Since ZZl was treating his upper body wounds/poison rofl.

BTW, LBH is always super jealous but about ZZL, he was extra jealous because of a small incident in the mausoleum. It was dark and smoke (or something) was everywhere. SQQ grabbed "LBH" and made his escape but he accidentally got ZZL instead. SQQ was like "oh well, they look the same and they are both wearing black robes." You can imagine how jealous LBH was when SQQ ran off with ZZL...

Oooh, nice. I don't remember that extra.

Miki T, swordfish, Aeli and 2 others like this.
  18. c0c0ly

c0c0ly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, hey @scriptor ,,thanks for the update...
    Its need so much effort..and im thankfull :)

scriptor and readerz like this.
  19. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobReach: *hugs*

Thank you for reading. :blobmelt:

Neelambori likes this.
  20. potatomilktea

potatomilktea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    I made this character sheet for myself but decided to post it even tho I've been ghosting here b/c sharing is caring...?

It's updated until ch 31 + whatever I made out w/ my detective skills lol If there is something wrong....sorry in advance >.>

Side note some of the descriptions are from Scriptor's translations, bless them