Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait a minute. I must have missed something important. When did he get that skill, and what does it do?

2. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He got it in 269 (last chapter). The Demon King's Muscle, Sweat Glands, Crystals and Cnidocyte combined to make the Demon King's Flesh, and then in 270 Densuke listed it in the Unique skill column. I don't really get it either. :blobunsure:

hillo315 likes this.
  3. silla

silla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    iirc van sama got 魔王の肉体 (demon king's body) after he got demon king shadow, and all fragments fused to demon king body.

hillo315 and heiro001 like this.
  4. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    The only reason it's kept separate from other fragments is because it serves some unique purpose, like the Demon King's Evil Eye. But then again, aren't all fragments kind of unique? What exactly makes the flesh so different? :hmm:

5. heiro001

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, it was saying they were integrating into an existing skill instead of integrating to make one. :notlikeblob:

Okay, just went back to look, He did indeed get it in 223, after he absorbed the Demon King's Shadow that turned into Guduranis (well, Guduranis as a Van copy, but you get it). The shadow was like Guduranis' actual soul / ghost, so when Van convinced it it was part of him, that basically made him Guduranis' body, so he got the "Demon King's Flesh" skill out of it. Apologies.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    hillo315 likes this.
  6. TUSF

TUSF Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    By the way, for those interested, I made a list of Available jobs before:

【Dark King Mage】【Fallen Warrior】【Insect Nin】【Destruction Guider】【Dungeon Master】【Mixed Guider(?)】【Void King Mage】【Curser(?)】【Daemon Ruler】【Creator】【Pale Rider】【Tartarus】【Aramitama】【Dark Gunner(?)】【Wand Creator】【Soul Warrior】【God Destroyer(?)】【Qliphoth】【Dark Beast User(?)】【Spirit Tuner】【Artisan: Transformation Equipment】【Shadow User】【Balor】【Apollyon】【Demogorgon】【Soul Eater】【God Eater】【Nergal】【Rakshasa King】【Satan】【Shi You】【Divine Spirit Mage】【Uroboros】
    Translation for first 4 are from Ch 152 tls.
    "Dead Spirit Mage" option was dropped and replaced with "Divine Spirit Mage" option.
    A lot of the job options are basically alternatives to "Demon King", haha.

hillo315 likes this.
  7. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    That's because the gods of Earth and Origin gave Van their blessings. It gives Van all possible options from all their mythologies.

8. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Please update the status

9. heiro001

Reading List:
    Link
    Think some of kari-no-sugata's suggestions for the (?) listings may clarify a bit:
    【混導士】 = Chaos Guider (like 混乱)
    【蝕呪士】 = Eclipse Shaman (蝕 of 蝕帝/Eclipse Emperor)
    【蚩尤 】: Chi You (this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiyou)

hillo315 likes this.
  10. TUSF

TUSF Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Chaos" there does kinda make sense.
    I somehow missed the "Eclipse" in that name. "Shamen" is a bit eh, tho.
    I went with "Shi You" cause that's the Japanese pronunciation. I looked him up before putting that. Dunno why I went with the Japanese version, but I did. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

11. heiro001

Reading List:
    Link
    Guess there's some third options for people who cast curses too: Eclipse Warlock? Eclipse Curse User? Eclipse Witch? :blobmelt:

12. Bakanogami

Bakanogami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember exactly when it was. Basically once he got enough demon king fragments they combine, basically cleaning up the list on his status. 'Nikutai' can mean flesh or body, and is basically the combination of all his fragments.

hillo315 likes this.
  13. imaginator

imaginator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was after the fight with Birkyne/Hihi. As somebody said earlier, Van got the shadow and tentacles from Hihi, then all the fragments merged to become the unique skill Demon King's Body. I personally would prefer body as opposed to flesh since the skill itself would refer to the collection of Demon King fragments. Anyway, after that, every fragment he gained would join the said unique skill like in the latest raws.

hillo315 likes this.
  14. Claus

Claus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I remember, the "Shadow of the Demon King" (body) carries part of the soul of the "Demon King Guduranis", something like residual thoughts or the subconscious. After Vandalieu absorbed the "Shadow of the Demon King" (body), the "Shadow of the Demon King" (soul) attempted to "invade" the soul of Vandalieu by a "blind spot", thus finding the copy of it, which he gained in "Trial of Zakkart" and merging. In the end, the copy of Vandalieu took the place of the "Shadow of the Demon King" (soul) and erasing the thoughts of the "Demon King Guduranis".
    For the "Demon King's Body" skill, he gained when he switched from job to [Demon King], thus replacing his body parts with "Demon King Fragments", so when he changed jobs, he had a bone sound raging coming from Vandalieu's body. For example, now Vandalieu's body muscles are the same as he "got" from the "evil god," and that happens to all of the "Demon King Fragments" he gets.

hillo315 likes this.
  15. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow the creation champion surely can defeat demon king ( in every possible way.) with enough time.

16. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll update the front page after I read the chapter and get a new cord for my laptop. It's a pain trying to read it on mobile for me so it might take a couple of days for me to get a cord.

Also sorry for the late reply

Nakakure likes this.
  17. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    It's alright FUSSYBADGER-SAMA

18. heiro001

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably don't even need to read it at this point, most of the info is already in the last two pages.:blobtongue: It's a bummer to lose access to your computer though, hope you can get a replacement soon! :blobpeek:

19. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It should be this weekend and I'm trying not to read the posts from the past few pages. It's hard but I definitely appreciate the summaries

20. Wannabe-shutin

Wannabe-shutin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I decided to respond here since this answer might qualify for the spoiler section:
    The gods of earth don't really work together since they have different personalities. To come to a decision will take a while and i am not sure if they could predict Rodcort's action to that extent nor act in such a quick manner. Did Rodcorte even prepare a seperate ability for Amamiya or was it fused with van's?
    If not then he was not supposed to be there and we can conclude that he might have not been on the ship. Nonetheless he has memories, making it quite the mystery.
    My hypothesis:
    Maybe he is the personification of the life Van always wished for on earth? With this patchwork soul of his a part of it, representing this part, might have split off, giving birth to Amamiya; Any holes in this story will then be closed by this new existence. (I put too much thought into this)

While writing this I imagined Van becoming a god like the one from earth, but with all the bodies being lead by Van's original personality; his soul is a hive already after all.