Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Cypress

Cypress Eh, what's "outside"? /sinks into bed

Reading List:
    Link
    Your very welcome! Im glad you like them:blobmelt:

Rufi-sidd likes this.
  2. Cypress

Reading List:
    Link
    Help!
    What does this mean?
    空驮 出现

3. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, I put together a pretty haphazard English translation of the relationship chart!
    (Yeah... unfortunately English names take up a lot more space than Chinese names, so the Jiang clan area in particular got really crowded. And I couldn't figure out a way to get WWX and LWJ's names to be nice and pretty like in the original)

Anyone have any suggestions for improvements?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    Rcyan, readerz, Aeli and 14 others like this.
  4. leto_b

leto_b Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh so they left the lan wangji/lan sizhui relationship blank
    Partners is a good way to phrase it though. It's subtle but it could carry romantic connotations

5. Rufi-sidd

Rufi-sidd When the wolves come out to play!

Reading List:
    Link
    They could have written adopted on that line btw lan zhan and lan sizhui.... no? Cause that's what he was I think....

6. leto_b

leto_b Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    they probably thought it was a spoiler so they didn't

7. umbraphage

umbraphage Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh, this is a hard one. I don't recognize this as an idiom (or it's some really obscure Buddhist reference), so I'll do my best to piece it together. "出现" means to appear or the appearance of something, like at an event rather than the actual looks of the subject. "空" is empty and I don't recognize "驮" but according to Google "驮" means to carry on one's back... So I think "空驮 出现" means to appear/show up with nothing on your back? I might be wrong though, my Chinese skills are really limited to communication only :blobsweat:

Cypress likes this.
  8. Cypress

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! I tried to search it up on goggle too but it was complicated. The fancomic I'm translating this quote appears on the sides right next to Lan Zhan when he comes in out of nowhere and intrudes Wei Ying and Lan SiZhui conversation. So will it be ok if I just type it in as "shows up with nothing on his back" or go literal as just type it as "suddenly appears"..?

umbraphage likes this.
  9. umbraphage

umbraphage Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm, "suddenly appears" would probably be a better translation in that context then.
    EDIT: The reason for that is that "shows up with nothing on his back" is harder to understand. Maybe you can be more specific and translate it as "showed up so suddenly as if he was carrying nothing on his back"? I'm drawing blanks, lol

10. Cypress

Reading List:
    Link
    That seems awfully long for 4 single chinese character lol. Thanks a lot for you're help! I'll see which looks better when I actually type-set it.

umbraphage likes this.
  11. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm I was thinking about and rewatching the 2nd episode, and while I have definitely enjoyed the sped up pacing, I also feel like the episode might have gone... too fast lol.

- There were almost back-to-back action scenes. That non-stop action is fun and flashy, but it doesn't give the audience time to breathe or take in exactly what's going on. (I also feel guilty at all that budget being sucked up LOL)
    - I'm also concerned about the ending. The last few minutes cover “WWX being dragged into the Cloud Recesses, and even diving into the start of the childhood flashback." That's moving at frankly lightning speed.

Instead of those final minutes, I think this would have been a stronger episode if they had taken a breather in the middle instead of the sudden hurry towards flashback at the end.
    In particular, I think adding the "WWX reflecting on his reputation by the stream" scene in the middle would have made this better overall. Possibly before or while Lan Jingyi and Jin Ling are bickering/fighting.

(In fact, I suspect that episode 3 will end up rehashing the final few minutes of this episode anyway, so they were kind of pointless. I prefer how the audio drama ended the episode straight on the 'Bring back to the Lan clan' line.)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Aeli, biiru, Blossomroad and 3 others like this.
  12. joktzer

joktzer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yea I can see how first-time watchers would be confused since they aren't equipped with the background of the story. There are already some complaints of episode 1 being too fast-paced, and while I am ambivalent in regards to that, it's def not as straightforward as a japanese anime. I'm equally bummed they skipped straight to the flashback but who knows? Maybe after the recollection arc, they will add in those scenes.

Blossomroad and Ziousbr like this.
  13. kitkat2010

kitkat2010 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On a side note, if anyone likes to see what kind of merch is available for this series via Taobao, check it out: simple Mo Dao Zu Shi search on Taobao. I'm sure a lot of this isn't "official" merch, but it's pretty to look and drool at! And make some shopping lists, wishlists, or Christmas lists. ;)
    I would love to have the fans, the wall hangings, and the body pillow covers!

You can purchase from Taobao via an agent, or if you're in the US, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, or Singapore, you can buy from Taobao direct.

MikotoP likes this.
  14. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

I’m sure the present day Cloud Recesses scenes will be shown. The question is when they will be shown.

Assuming episode 3 is the Cloud Recesses flashback, the present day cloud recesses scenes will likely be right afterwards.

Shimizu Yuki likes this.
  15. Rurella

Rurella Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it should be something like "To appear without bringing anything (gifts)" or "To show up emptyhanded" but it might be something else depending on the context

umbraphage and Cypress like this.
  16. Yuslia

Yuslia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just found a review for GDC on Youtube and it is really nice. I like his theory on LWJ is the one who keep WWX's soul safe from the cultivators try to capture him, and he analyzes the way LWJ gently touch his guqin like a lover XD very enjoyable tbh.

readerz, Aeli, Zora KKKKK and 5 others like this.
  17. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, I want to write a fanfic about the Nie Mingjue and Nie Huaisang brothers, but I'm not confident in my characterization of their relationship. There's the NMJ Empathy flashback, but the main focus of that was more on NMJ's hatred of JGY. That's about it for source material, unless anyone else has any other insight.

Blossomroad, Scalysharc and Fiorisi like this.
  18. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    kiara8 and Soulfill like this.
  19. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd totally beg for a fanfic about those two's relationship :blobdrool: but your right it's tough to flesh it out into a fanfic when there's hardly anything to go by that is canon about their relationship :blobconfounded: Some parts of the novel that I can remember that can sort of be used as a source material, although I think these scenarios we can only assume/interpret the meaning/emotions behind them are:
    • The Cloud Recess Flashback: Reader's first introduction to Nie Huaisang
    • The Water Ghoul Case: When Lan XiChen talked with Nie Huaisang to deliver a message from Nie Mingjue
    • Sunshot Campaign: Nie Huaisang was placed in the Could Recesses ( I could be wrong about this, but from the Empathy flashback didn't Mingjue asked XiChen about how Huaisang was doing? So, I assumed that during the Wen clan war he was under the GusuLan protection)
    • Empathy Flashback: Huaisang constantly hiding behind JGY (I interpreted Mingjue's anger/irritation for this, not just cuz he was hiding behind JGY but probably also cuz Huaisang is relying on this person as an escape from him? I could be wrong :blobjoy:). That scene with Huaisang screaming back at Mingjue after he burned all his paper fans and then the final scene with Mingjue going into qi deviation, seeing JGY everywhere, regaining some of his senses back when Huaisang called out to him (I was incredibly sad with this scene, cuz both brothers parted in such a sad way, they never resolved their issues or had the chance to talk :blobsad:)
    The last one I can think of is how Nie Huaisang could possibly be or is the mastermind behind JGY's exposure. Nie Huaisang planning it all from being a useless figurehead to placing his own brother's hand near Mo village and etc. Like if he did all that! I'm wondering when and how Nie Huaisang actually found or linked JGY to his own brother's death?? :blobwoah:

zemblenity, Aeli, Dayong9909 and 3 others like this.
  20. hiryukaede

hiryukaede The reader that always hunting an unique story~~~

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone tell me where is the raw link for watch GDC anime?:aww: