Discussion worst novel wich harem

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by rfrfcb3001, Jul 11, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razogul

Razogul [Flag Raiser][Rald's and Carm's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    This. For someone so concerned and such, he sure takes a lot of breaks. Not to mention getting wives in the breaks.

HoneyKiss likes this.
  2. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    A martial odyssey was good until the harem included 20 plus girls who all follows after him. Like it was really interesting, but then the harem really kicked in and you had all these women who were all semi important and all spoken about in groups like mob characters.

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  3. youseiki

youseiki 『Loves Glasses』

Reading List:
    Link
    here you go, on first glance, and here's what I got
    [​IMG]

4. SUNOFA

SUNOFA Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any novel where the MC is a geeky, naive fuckboy, who's character gives me the impression that he's most likely going to get his women NTRed one by one...(n)
    To Love Ru for example, though that's not a novel...:sick:
    Or any other story where the MC "accidentally" molests the girls in public and gets away with it because "oopsie~, I slipped~!":mad:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    Bad Storm and HoneyKiss like this.
  5. Terazuma

Terazuma Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Worst harem storys are where the mc doesn't care that the girls around him are in love with him.
    And where the mc is dense

6. SUNOFA

SUNOFA Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try reading The Power Of Creation, that one doesn't suck, only the girls do. ;)

7. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    When the girls are just bed post notchs with the personality of a potted plant and fall in love with the MC because he looked in their general direction or said a word with more than 2 syllabes

Slave harem is one of the worst I read (not only for the harem you could photocopy the same chapters over and over just changing the dungeon floor numbers and it would probably be more interresting) but there are quite a lot a of bad xia story with harems that are composed of mindless jade skined drones that lose all relevance to the story as soon as they have been bonked...

8. Slayerwolfx2

Slayerwolfx2 [Immortal Forever]

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess Book Eating Magician was pretty darn good before the harem kicked in out of nowhere...

I mean, it wasn't like there were no clues hinting to a harem, but it's because harem was only A ROUTE that the author could easily have chosen not to take, as well as because it was so badly thrown in, that I dropped the novel.

otaku31 and Bad Storm like this.
  9. Harem_lover

Harem_lover Loves Spice, and works with Spite

Reading List:
    Link
    the realist words evah!!!! HAHAHA

10. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    My wife is a beautifull ceo . I liked it at first.. but the more the story goes the more I found out that the MC is just a hypocrite that cant control his dick.. even then he cant stand his ground against his tsundere wife.
    Countless damsell in distress arc.
    He fuck around but never wants any responsibilities..
    And he cant control himself and keep fucking new girls that he fancied..
    Non of em are even in a relationship with him, all of em are just fuck budies.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    otaku31 likes this.
  11. Guyver

Guyver Bio-Booster Armor

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I blame my Kindle Fire keyboard being to small and my fingers too big. :D

I usually catch the errors but sometimes you read what you expect not what is actually there but at least it was an existing word. :rolleyes::D

12. Raizhee

Raizhee who

Reading List:
    Link
    Long live summons and Ancient strengthening technique... like... idk imo it just became a novel with an author giving no fks about actual romance and threw everything he could into mc's harem at the first glance.

13. Chryseum

Chryseum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All these another world harems where all the girls are better fighters than trained knights? At least make some fleshed out male characters to join the crew, forcing harems is just lazy writing.

Deleted member 110464 likes this.
  14. Houye

Houye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will just go ahead and call out every JP with harem tag that I ever tried to read in the past but dropped out of sheer disgust.

15. Bakanogami

Bakanogami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Slave Harem in the Labyrinth of the Other World.

It's one of the earlier examples of the isekai genre in JP web novels and inspired a lot of things that came after it. It's also mildly popular for reasons I honestly can't fathom.

In addition to the really creepy trope of the MC being so socially inept that the only way he can think of to gain companions is to buy slaves who are all oh-so-happy to be enslaved to him and never want to be freed, it has an even bigger problem that it's boring and repetitive as fuck. Like half the novel is just them going through the same routine in the labyrinth, fighting the same monsters, leveling up the same spells, etc. It would be okay if this were written in such a way as to be interesting, but it's not. There's no driving reason for them to be fighting, they hardly make any new discoveries or use any interesting new skills. IIRC even the enemies are eventually just recolors of the same foes. That's lazy design when it's used in games, but at least there's a practical reason for it there other than lack of imagination.

NGCleric likes this.
  16. Dissimilate

Dissimilate Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone Else is a Returnee is actually a good story with a harem. It is good because the harem is not the point to the story and the loves are not all instantaneous, they happen over a long period of time. And the reasons for the different loves are realistic as well.

17. imacutemotherfucker

imacutemotherfucker Puyo

Reading List:
    Link
    If the mc shit by default the series is now horrible shit

18. NGCleric

NGCleric Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had the exact same thought. I tried to go through it to see if it went anywhere. It wasn't worth it. I can't remember how far I got, but I'm pretty sure I can easily sum it up with: It's a diary of the MC's grind and purchasing slaves because the only other thing he's confident in is his inability to woo women. Slave harems hadn't bothered me much until I read this story as the only other novels I read that had one was Tate no Yuusha (MC was uninterested due to various reasons) and Death March (MC found it unethical to touch them in such a way since he was their guardian). Now I'm more cautious if there is a slavery tag.

19. rGaha

rGaha Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How you survived in NU up until now. Almost all the novel here comes with Harem tag.

20. Arashi

Arashi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    not really. go on series finder, disable lolicon, harem, yaoi, shounen ai, shoujou, and that is what i read

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.