LCD The Novel's Extra

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Zethuron, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    @mrttao You were right. Crazy web novels are turning people into psychopaths. People think it's normal to cripple someone that failed to hurt you.
    It's one thing to be
    An eye for an eye
    But another thing to be
    An eye for the eye you missed :facepalm:

2. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Rifles can fire .357 rounds. Usually .357 express, designed for big game. But if you change the chamber, you can fire pistol .357 rounds( Desert Eagle's most common caliber)

Anti material rifles usually fire .50 BMG, so this really wasn't an anti material rifle, but a sniper rifle.

There's no reason why you can't fire .357 pistol in a rifle...the stability of the pistol round over 1.5 miles is problematic, unless you use super accurate hand loaded rounds...but I'd guess because these are mana rounds, things like wind, rotation of the earth, temperature and humidity shouldn't apply...(factors for ultra long range shots)

So it wasn't an anti material rifle, which uses heavier rounds to kill vehicles, or punch through armor, but there's no reason you can't use pistol rounds in a sniper rifle to shoot for miles...

And we don't bat an eye when Hajime emasculates some adventurers for hitting on Yue...

:p

Wujigege likes this.
  3. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah. I thought sniper rounds normally had a somewhat different shape to allow them to remain accurate at longer ranges and reduce the loss of lethality due to air resistance.

Doc Williams likes this.
  4. Doc Williams

Doc Williams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What? Desert Eagles are chambered in .357? Is this magnum or sig? You can see the magnum in some lever guns but not in a precision rifle. The 357 sig is strictly a pistol caliber. Furthermore, neither of those rounds can reach out and touch someone from a kick and a half away. Now material rifles are chambered starting in .338 Lapua magnum but this one was probably chambered in the popular Browning .50 cal. FYI Desert Eagles are commonly chambered in .50 AE and .44 magnum not 357.

5. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, I forgot...

Those are called boat tail rounds...the point has to do with keeping sniper rounds super sonic...

According to tests, the longer a rifle round remains super sonic during the course of its trajectory, the more accurate it is. By using a boat shaped round, you're reducing drag which means that a rifle round remains super sonic longer.

Pistol rounds have a flat base...so you increase drag forces.

But these are mana rounds...we know nothing about the aerodynamics of mana rounds.

Obviously the author is not gun obsessed as me when I was younger, or he doesn't understand English well, so he can't learn from the YouTube channel, "Forgotten Weapons"...:p

Still OP...:D

Doc Williams likes this.
  6. Doc Williams

Reading List:
    Link
    You're right Jacob. There's no way any 357 round would have enough energy to do damage after traveling 1.5 kilometers. Better yet there's no way that the round is heavy enough to be an anti-material round. That rifle was either a 338 lapua magnum or a Browning 50 caliber. Now those rounds will hurt you. The djinn must have been pretty tough since limbs weren't blown off. I saw 50 cals take legs off in Iraq.

jacobpaige likes this.
  7. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Desert Eagles come in .357 magnum, or .44 magnum and other exotics...including .50 express.

I agree about .357 magnum not being a long range capable, per my last post about boat tailed rounds. But there's nothing impossible about shooting .357 magnum pistol in a rifle...a number of rifles use a magnum pistol round as a rifle cartridge, like the Ruger 44.

.338 Laputa is a super accurate sniper round...anti material rifles, as far as I know, start at around .40 caliber...up to 20 mm Finnish jobs from WWII. ( known as shoulder breakers) :p

Edit: .416 Barrett was designed to be more accurate than .50 BMG due to flying super sonic longer over its trajectory, and as far as I know, the smallest anti material round.

While .338 Lapua and 7.62 mm NATO can be used in anti-material role, to attack vehicles, it's not really anti material. Just like how anti material rifles can be used anti personnel.

.338, 7.62mm antipersonnel.
    .416, .50 cal, 20mm anti material.

Oh yeah...the cavitation caused by flat tailed round will create immense drag forces over 1.5 k.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  8. Doc Williams

Reading List:
    Link
    Pistol rounds also lack the conical streamline that aids in cutting down drag. Plus rifle rounds have larger casings and more powder to get them supersonic. It takes a big round to maintain speed and energy out past 1.5 kilometers.

9. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    We do tend to forgive all sorts of factual errors from authors we enjoy...

But we give higher points to authors who take the time to get it right. ;):D

jacobpaige likes this.
  10. Doc Williams

Reading List:
    Link
    What I want to know is what idiot stands in front of a window when they are being sniped. I think the djinn would have figured out he was being shot through the window after the second round hit him. Why didn't he move to cover and concealment. I've been shot at. Trust me when I say you don't stand in the open trying to figure out where your adversary is located. You duck and cover. Unfortunately our bad guy won't learn from his mistake. But that's a good thing right?

11. Elkon

Elkon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *ahem* What if they were assuming that it was one of the students with a stupid sense of 'honour' and the fact that he was panicking due to not being able to heal and not having encountered bullets that painful or damaging (devil's advocate). But yeah I agree pretty damn stupid even if you are shell-shocked, least you could do would be fall on your side below the window.

12. Ingenuity

Ingenuity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He did fall to the ground to get out of sight.
    The thing is, Thousand Miles Eyes would have allowed MC to see Yun Hyun anyways.
    That must be a pretty large window though, he only shot through the window after all.

13. Enken

Enken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Arrogance.
    He has the power of a djinn and have some regen, and gun / pistol are known to be terrible in this world.
    He's in the mindset i have nothing to fear what the worst thing that could happen ? getting shot with a weapon that is known to be inofensenfive ?
    He just got bursted and recognized his mistake way too late

14. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, if we look at the first Djinn and assume that it was weaker, then it'd be safe to assume that they can take a heck of a beating. After all, that one was only able to take significant damage when hit with an elementally opposed explosive round at very short range.

It said at one point that he did, but then it said that the bullets were still coming through the window rather than the wall, so I'm not really sure what was going on.

15. Ingenuity

Ingenuity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same here. The only thing I can figure is that maybe the window was really big. But then the statement about the djinn thinking it had to get out of sight doesn't make sense. The other possible option is that he used stigma to curve the bullet once it entered the window. However, if he were doing that it would have told us.

16. Elkon

Elkon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe multiple windows and the author didn't say it right? Or the Djinn looking at the wrong window? Idk how he would think that though. This shall be an eternal mystery until someone absolutely dissects the chapter and maybe the one after it.

17. Doc Williams

Reading List:
    Link
    Guess I asked the tough question. Here's another. The MC is about to come into some serious cash. How will this affect his stature in the cadet corps? Will background become more firm seeing how background is as important as strength to his peers? I can see a windfall generating serious SP for him as his fame increases. Seriously. 500 million won spent on a penny stock from a lesser known guild? That's like investing in Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, Google, or Facebook before they became big names. He's bound to be exposed as insanely wealthy here in the near future.

18. DevianT

DevianT Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep as he lost both of his parents,he drop into the novel(well)....And he gonna be filthy rich and rekt enemies by using high tech gadgets and normally work solo.....Now just lack of Butler (maybe the witch soul will become a maid?)

19. FudgeNouget

FudgeNouget Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Penthouse rooms have extremely big windows that stretch out. You can basically think of these windows as walls (google penthouse room).

Also about bullets he used, they're the ones Yoo Yeonha gave him with the Desert Eagle (the pinnacle grade magic bullets), but presumably, he modified them with SP to make it suitable for a sniper rifle, as he did with shotgun shells.

Ingenuity likes this.
  20. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    The narcissistic, sadistic psychopath stupid kind?

Besides, he's djinn, who aren't expecting a BULLET to hurt him. He's wary of swords, bows, magic attacks..

Humans are vulnerable to guns, so we know to take cover...especially if we've got training. Djinn KNOW they can't be hurt with guns, so he's never even imagined being attacked by a sniper...no cover reflex.

Also at 1.5 k, no sound of the shot at all...

Now that's something I completely forgot. It shouldn't cost much SP to change to full rifle ammo..

In fact, it completely explains Doc's and my objections about using pistol ammo in a rifle...he was using Barrett .416 or .50 cal BMG!

:p