Skin cream! Do I keep it on while sleeping?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sami11, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Sami11

Sami11 [Level 99 Duck]

Reading List:
    Link
    General question for general subforum.
    So I just got a skin cream for acne scars. It's called Eldoquin Forte, and it's a skin bleaching cream. I was told to only apply it during nighttime since daytime can have negative effects on it.
    My question is: "Do I keep it on my face even while sleeping?". I'm afraid of smearing cream all over my pillow.
    I've searched online extensively for some answers, but can't seem to find any.

2. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    If you can stay still and just sleep like a log nighttime skin cream especially for medication is the most effective. If you can't and worry it will get messy just make sure you apply it every time you can.

Sami11 likes this.
  3. raysha18

raysha18 [Blank]

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there an instruction saying you wash after putting the cream... if not then you have to keep it on your face the whole night.

Sami11 likes this.
  4. Ars Nova

Ars Nova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, there's one easy solution that i can think of. Cover your pillow with plastic :blobjoy:

It's definitely pretty uncomfortable, but believe me it's not that bad. I've slept above bare, rocky ground with a thin sheet of cloth, and used a plastic bag filled with dirty clothes as a pillow. The next morning I'm just as fresh as usual. Come to think of it, it's actually pretty comfy considering I'm sleeping above rocks.

5. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Where did you get the cream from? You could ask for advice from that place~

6. Sami11

Sami11 [Level 99 Duck]

Reading List:
    Link
    I got it from the pharmacy, but I don't like that place. The clerk seemed to look down on me because I'm a foreigner.

7. SolInvictus

SolInvictus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a reason why you can't ask the person who sold it to you? Like, by phone? If it is something that can have 'negative effects' I think it's safer to hold up until they explain that to you than asking anonymous (but good looking and kind-hearted) internet folk. You could probably visit a chemist and they'd be able to fill you in (phrasing) as well. I'd be more concerned about my face than my pillow because, you know, buying a new pillow/ pillowcase is slightly easier than buying a new face. Also, you can wash a pillow/ pillowcase just use bleach...and this time read the instructions.

8. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ask when the clerk isn’t there. Or try a different pharmacy. Or you could just research the cream online. Your question has probably been asked by someone else before~

9. SolInvictus

Reading List:
    Link
    fair enough...but. do you like your face? If so, go back ask the racist/xenophobic/terribly misunderstood chemist and then find another chemist.

10. Sami11

Sami11 [Level 99 Duck]

Reading List:
    Link
    I've carefully read the instructions, and the only instruction it mentioned was to keep away from the sun.
    As for the side effects, I had already tried the cream when I had an all nighter. It was significantly effective for its first night, and I didn't receive any red marks, so I don't think I have to worry about any side effects.

11. SolInvictus

Reading List:
    Link
    A more comfortable method is to put an old t-shirt on your pillow. Put it on inside-out and/or pick a colour where the cream/oil won't stain or show.

12. SolInvictus

Reading List:
    Link
    Put an old t-shirt on your pillow. Inside-out.

13. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm maybe not right before bed if you're worried? Since it says apply at night time, so I guess you can put it on after dinner and have your skin absorb it for few hours and not smear over your bed.

I do think your skin will absorb the cream after 20-30 minutes though if you don't put like loads of layers.