Can someone tell me how to take care of handicapped kitten

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sawanara murasaki, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Sawanara murasaki

Sawanara murasaki Sawa the HEro-sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell me how to take care of my poor little kitten? I mean that since yesterday, he crawled with his front legs only after been bitten by huge cat...i'm just too worried that he might die soon, he don't really eat or drink milk. His mommy only went back home when she felt hungry...i don't know how to help him walk or help him to expel waste product(you got what i mean) when he can't lift his body properly., i was wondering to make a wheelchair for him but don't know how to do it(even after reading instructions from internet)...poor kitty, he seemed stress cause he couldn't play or run like before

2. SugarImmortal

SugarImmortal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Taking him to a vet is out of the question?

3. raysha18

raysha18 [Blank]

Reading List:
    Link
    Bruh, take him to the vet.

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  4. Sawanara murasaki

Reading List:
    Link
    Cost to the vet are very expensive so we threat his wound ONLY...

5. SugarImmortal

Reading List:
    Link
    In that case, kill him quickly. He's unlikely to survive, and the pain must be incredible.

k1nk4 likes this.
  6. Robofs740

Robofs740 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If there's any animal experts on youtube, maybe try emailing them? They'll probably be nice enough to answer, if it's to save a kitten.

7. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather than asking on NUF check websites that are specifically related to animals. Animal charity sites might be good~

8. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t know if you have them where your from, but have you tried looking into some sort of animal shelter? Maybe they have a vet or at least may have some experience dealing with this type of injury.

9. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is why Cesar Millan is out and about.

10. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
    Poor kitten, this is why i don't dare to keep a pet :(

11. HarukiMizuki

HarukiMizuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You MUST send the poor little kitty to the vet. It's not sufficient to treat the wound by yourself. If you just ignore it, that little kitty might have infection. The vet's cost is not expensive at all if it just to give the minor treatment such as an injection IF it's necessary. The vet also can give you the best advise how to take care of the little kitty until he healthy again. Have mercy to the little kitty, please....

Bad Storm and FranckOA like this.
  12. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    This might be usefull to help him excrete : https://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Kitten-Poop

But if his wound is infected, only a vet would be able to help him as you could make it way worse with maladjusted first aid (cleaning products usable for cats but dangerous for kitten, etc...).

Does his tail move as usual ?
    If all his lower body is irresponsive he could have a damaged spine...

Sawanara murasaki likes this.
  13. fairbouy

fairbouy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i read in treasure tycoon to help a young dog go to toilet they used a cotton bud with warm water soaked into it to stimulate its bowls but i do agree with everyone else that a wound will most likely become infected go to the vet if you look you may be able to find animal shelters that give emergency treatment for reduced prices or defered payment

14. SugarImmortal

Reading List:
    Link
    What a mystifying response

15. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People like you shouldn't own a pet if they can not afford to take care of it when something happens.

16. Asdq

Asdq RSS FEED SECT! I WANT YOU FOR THE RSS ARMY!

Reading List:
    Link
    This is YOUR fault. You should had bought a big cat. So, his cat would win the fight. The weaker lose, the stronger win.

17. Axia

Axia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some antiboitic and ointment helps. If it can move his tail then what you should do, maybe a cat massage helps, the tummy round motion rub. I had a cat in the past having almost the same problem, and what i did was the tummy rub, constant warm milk, and warm pad. For the wound, you can try weak-iodine solution. It is painful for the kitten and hard for you. I hope it will recover soon and wont left long term problem

18. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, how bad is the wound? Broken bones?
    And kitten sometime still have accident (pooping or pissing in your floor), so i think it's still okay. You just need to deal with the aftermath.

I think this is just you worrying too much. In the wild (or at least not as a pet) they mostly died from an infection rather than the wound itself.
    For its appetite, is it still eating? If yes then its okay. If not try to spoonfeed it or just go to the vet

19. Sawanara murasaki

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd 3 adult cat, his mommy wasn't there at that time so we mad at her for leaving her kittens, and now she's still depressed about losing one of her kitten...but lembu was in great pain now..the other 2 cats are coward

20. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    Male lions that conquer a territory from another male lion will kill all the cubs of the previous lion, which will make all the lionesses in the pack go in heat.

However, that behaviour doesn't apply to cats as they can bear the kittens of multiple tomcats at the same time.

Why I'm saying this is simple... If you can't afford to care for the injured animal for the rest of its life, you either leave it to die or send it to a professional who knows better.

I'm sorry. Life sucks, but maybe you're in luck and it's not a permanent injury. That is why you really should send it to a pro.
    Find a clinic that does charity for strays. Kittens are more likely to find a home.