Japanese Assassin's Pride

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by BlaszczeM, May 5, 2018.

1. BlaszczeM

BlaszczeM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name:
    Raw Link:
    (not sure how to find - possibly paper copy)
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/assassins-pride/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: It's really good (at least the manga). I really like the story, and Melida (or Merida) is really cute. The story is interesting, and my only complaint is that up to now, there were only two instances of MC fighting, and most of the story was him taking care of Melida, and teaching her.
    Description:
    As an aristocrat, Merida Angel studied at an academy that developed mana users but she did not have any mana. Kufa Vanpiel was dispatched to be her tutor and at the same time he was ordered to assassinate the girl if she did not have any talent. “Do you want to try to entrust your life to me?” he asked, as not an assassin nor a tutor but as someone that was betting on his pride as an assassin tutor, to show the girl’s worth to the world.

answm17 and MajesticPotato like this.
  2. Zerapio1223

Zerapio1223 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude this is such a surprise. I literally picked up the manga 2 hours ago and just finished it. I like it too and was looking for the novel. Such a cliffy atm

AshCrow likes this.
  3. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    xnightdx likes this.
  4. AshCrow

AshCrow LeeFromAsia

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice, gonna add this to the pile.

5. M4L4DD1CT10N

M4L4DD1CT10N Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh, this manga is very promising, I would love to read this too!

6. yukifallenwings

yukifallenwings Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Assassin's Pride
    Raw Link:
    Couldn't find online, someone please help providing.
    NU Link: series/assassins-pride/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: Nowadays all we are seeing is the Isekai genre. Not that it is bad but, too much of the same thing is bad, regardless of how good each of them are. With all Isekai genres flooding in and out, gold findings such as this are hard to find. To see how good this story is, I recommend reading the manga. Once you get the adrenaline, please pick this up.

This is a story, of a professional assassin, becoming a tutor for someone who does her best but is never recognized simply because she is unable to do something that nobles are able to. He had a choice of killing the girl but he never did. Instead, witnessing her willpower and determination even in the face of death, the assassin was moved and decided to risk his life... just to keep this one girl smiling.

Quote :
    "Now there's no turning back. If I mess up either of these, for us it's death-
    Please don't make me have to kill you?" - Kufa Vanpiel

Source : Assassin's Pride, Manga Chapter 5

------------------------

This is also a story, of a young girl. Bullied. Outcast. Rejected. Isolated. Ignored. Laughed at. Even though her lineage is high in rank. Even though she gives in more than a 100% effort by herself. Even though she had no one except her maids along her side. No one see the amount of effort she placed in herself. Despite doing all that she could, all they saw was an "untalented" person. Even so, she looks forward to each day with a hope to awaken.

And one fateful day. "That man" came and granted her wish.

Quote : "...Let go... My hair has to be important.... I have to enter the crest legion... Because.. Because if I don't do that, no one will recognize me as a child of the Angel Household...." - Merida Angel

Source : Assassin's Pride, Manga Chapter 4

Description:
    As an aristocrat, Merida Angel studied at an academy that developed mana users but she did not have any mana. Kufa Vanpiel was dispatched to be her tutor and at the same time he was ordered to assassinate the girl if she did not have any talent. “Do you want to try to entrust your life to me?” he asked, as not an assassin nor a tutor but as someone that was betting on his pride as an assassin tutor, to show the girl’s worth to the world.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    isecai, kyle212, Cite and 1 other person like this.
  7. isecai

isecai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 !!
    I really love the manga from the first chapter. The raw, however, has to be bought at JPY 600-620 each (it has 7 volumes now). :<

yukifallenwings likes this.
  8. M4L4DD1CT10N

M4L4DD1CT10N Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The manga of this is really interesting so far. It would be awesome to have the light novels translated to flesh out this excellent story. I mean who wouldn't like the story of a young and powerful assassin who decides to risk everything to help the girl he was sent to kill after she earns his respect, loyalty, and...?

9. Galooza

Galooza The One True Walapalooza

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Assassins Pride
    Raw Link:
    Dm me if interested. On a side note, I'd really like to work as an editor for this.
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/assassins-pride/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: Very interesting idea of tutor or assassin, but more importantly, anime coming in October! Get it before it's hot!
    Description: As an aristocrat, Merida Angel studied at an academy that developed mana users but she did not have any mana. Kufa Vanpiel was dispatched to be her tutor and at the same time he was ordered to assassinate the girl if she did not have any talent.

roata11, 0000000 and lehur like this.
  10. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    ...it occurs to me the name of MC, the tutor, is pretty much the big reveal.

+1

11. khawaja07

khawaja07 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It still haven't been picked up? Damn.

12. SFcipher

SFcipher Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please note few more chapters already released earlier this month by the original translator.

13. cartman-un

cartman-un Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. 322098054

322098054 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How many volumes doz this have?