Discussion When most of the NU pages are filled with Qidian webnovels...

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Ner0, Jul 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xdivine

Xdivine Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novelupdate isn't a site that prioritizes any site over any other site. Qidian has more stuff on their pages because they have more novels, as simple as that.

I'd also like to point out that Novelupdates isn't a site dedicated to showing what sites have novel updates, it's a site that shows what NOVELS have updates. Whether a site has 1 novel that releases monthly like The Earl's Bad Wife or a site like WW with 10+ active novels that update daily, they all get posted with the same priority the same way.

What exactly is wrong with people being inquisitive of Qidian? Whether you like Qidian or not has nothing to do with anyone else. Whether you like Qidian doesn't change the fact that they have a ton of good novels.

Remember that your personal bias against Qidian whether valid or not has no bearing on whether someone else does or should like Qidian. Also, whether or not people like or dislike Qidian as a company should not factor into whether or not like want to read novels on the site. If they don't like Qidian, they don't need to spend a cent reading their novels. You may not be able to read the advance chapters for a ton of different novels, but the update rate is still generally good even if you're not reading the advanced chapters.

ZeroR18, strayCat0, Kuro_0ni and 5 others like this.
  2. Flamemaster

Flamemaster [TheCakeIsALie][LordOfTheDivineFlame][ThePinkPuff]

Reading List:
    Link
    because qidians model is different cause it has too much content, koreans and japanese dont have 5000 chapter novels, each chapter is more precious to them then 100 chapters of chinese novels, as you might notice that the average cost is higher in japan than in china due to labour costs being higher.

kenar and runsing like this.
  3. CloudDaoist

CloudDaoist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian already have very large loyal traffic even without NU support , more than any TL group here. I simply filter qidian here because their annoying spam, if I want to read qidian novel then I will just open their app..
    But I feel that right now we already at the end of CN novel era due to hundred of novel with basically same story and cliche progression.. I hope we're gonna see more JP & KR novel more this year..

4. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No-no, let's see more danmei (ノ*>∀<)ノ♡

kenar, strayCat0 and isecai like this.
  5. Wargod

Wargod Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah too many ruthless CN Mcs and too many wimpy JP MCs but you occasionally find normal ones with good stories with normal humans not too violent ones.

ZeroR18 likes this.
  6. CloudDaoist

CloudDaoist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.. such an evil literature.. people who miss that yaoi tag when picking up new novel will die...

7. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    NU has always stayed neutral. It remained to true to its original purpose of being a directory for translated novels, whatever language those novels might be (as long as it's Asian, I think). Also, NU survived even before Qidian came, I see no reason why it would collapse if Qidian is removed.

Those major companies could just implement Qidian's structure if they want to venture. No need for NU to sought them out.

ZeroR18 and strayCat0 like this.
  8. Nyanko

Nyanko Psychotic Cat Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    Even though I am not a Qidian hater, I still have their releases filtered. I use their app to catch up on novels, while NovelUpdats for the non-QI novels

isecai and Bad Storm like this.
  9. N1gh7R4v3n

N1gh7R4v3n Bounty Hunter for skittles

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like it should also allow originals. While there IS a place on NUF to place them, its more 'tacked on' than supported/

10. phoenom

phoenom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    now, even NU neutrality got hated because you dislike / hated QI ?
    idk man, but if someday NU doing something like removing / censoring QI which shift their neutrality stances then NU not even better than QI you guys dislike / hated.

edit: about original , isn't tony said something along the lines of making it separated few months back ?

ZeroR18, strayCat0 and runsing like this.
  11. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Tony has said he's got plans to create a separate site for originals in the future

kenar and runsing like this.
  12. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    The only way to stop QI from dominating the front page is for other translators to translate more chapters. I'm doing my part. :p

kenar, Rumby, isecai and 5 others like this.
  13. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    I filter out Qi, GT and WW... not out of any hatred or dislike but because they take up so much space and I don't read from them... if they happen to have a series or two I read I just check my reading list... XD

14. mithikx

mithikx Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just filter them out, if there happens to be something I'm interested in that I have filtered I can always just check the release group's update page on NU manually or check my reading lists.

Mildly inconvenient but not like it's something new, had to do the same to reddit to get rid of some of the default subs I didn't care for and the same for Facebook cause friends kept posting crap I didn't care about.

edit: I just logged out and checked NU and yeah... the first 2 pages are like half of the releases are from WW or QI and over 3/4th are Chinese novels. So if that's what you're trying to filter out and you don't have anything already filtered, have fun.

15. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh the ignorance :facepalm:. I resent your ignorance.:blobangery:
    You think you are in a position of pride when you can't even see Mount Tai Everest :blobunamused:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    ZeroR18 and zloi medved like this.
  16. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Screenshot_18_07_15_2113_17_1.jpg

Wujigege likes this.
  17. lelouch18

lelouch18 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have made great efforts in understanding.But I still don't know what "NU" means?
    Is it means this site??

I read it again and totally understand.*clap*

In China,although we also have many sites about novels.But almost every type of novel has a representative website, and we usually only go to those websites to read novels.(terrible expression)

Believe your problem will be solved, and the novel websites may be integrated soon.

And another question:What's your impression of qidian?Is it the biggest translated novels website?

I mean I found there are so many sites about novels.I have no idea where I should go if I want to read most popular novels, no matter they are translated novels or original webnovels.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  18. Raizhee

Raizhee who

Reading List:
    Link
    There's still JP/ KR/ CN that isn't from QI and other asian countries novels on NU though. It won't stop existing soon and neither does it take sides.

19. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    NU = novelupdates (main site/where the novels are)
    NUF = novelupdates forum

kenar, runsing and lelouch18 like this.
  20. lelouch18

lelouch18 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!!
    I feel like I can read half of the discussion in forum now XD

kenar, strayCat0, Blitz and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.