Do people guess your age correctly?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Senros, Jul 13, 2018.

Tags:
?

Do people guess your age correctly?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  2. No, they say I look older

26 vote(s)
    36.1%
  3. No, they say I look younger

31 vote(s)
    43.1%
  4. No, and it's all over the place. Younger, older, 2 years old...

11 vote(s)
    15.3%
  5. Depends on the beard length

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. Depends on the length of my hair

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Lil K.O

Lil K.O [Loki]

Reading List:
    Link
    People always are always getting my age wrong and assuming im younger than i actually am
    When i was i 15 people said i look like i was 12, now im 17 people telling me i look 15
    Smh

2. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Probally 30+ with a moustache, 25 without it, 20-23 based on my sound, 15 yr old girl if i pitch my voice higher, 60 if i made it sound an old man. I'm 20 btw.

Senros likes this.
  3. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    Kids already call me uncle .. Sad part is I feel like a grandpa... I'M still young, dammit!

Crazy kids...

4. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai-chan doesn't know, nobody in real life ask Ai-chan's real age or try to guess Ai-chan's real age before.

Can you guys guess Ai-chan's correct age?

[​IMG]
    As usual, you do not have permission to share this anywhere else.

5. Karamell

Karamell ✿~Peaceful Days~✿

Reading List:
    Link
    There’s this one site that tries to guess your age through a photo of you. I always get around 20-30 (sometimes higher depending on the face I make), but I’m not even that old lol. I also managed to get it to say that my little brother who was 8 to be 80-something years old. He was yawning the photo, so that’s why it happened but it was so freakin hilarious:ROFLMAO:

Anyways, people do often say I look older. Like when I’m put next to my older sister, they’ll I’m the older one instead. In a sense, it’s kind of sad :(

Senros likes this.
  6. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm eternally 18 years old, no matter what they say.

7. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    most of people I meet never ask my age~
    so dunno~

8. Sawanara murasaki

Sawanara murasaki Sawa the HEro-sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    My grandmother and my other cousins told me i look younger (like a 6th grader kids), i'm year 10 and almost 16

9. yukifallenwings

yukifallenwings Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Usually people say that I'm near 30.
    I'm 22 damnit

10. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a 21 year old woman who's routinely and consistently mistaken for 13. When I was 13, everyone thought I was 18, but somehow it changed?

Eh, well... The first person to make me aware of this was actually a paedo. :sweating_profusely:

11. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    My classmates took two years to realized I'm older than them haha. Probably cause I'm still a kid at heart and likes pranking them...

12. Raizhee

Raizhee who

Reading List:
    Link
    I was asked if I'm not supposed to be at the graduation ceremony for the 12th grade quite some time ago and I'm still 1 year away from even starting it.
    + a lot of people messed my age on a basis already on the internet so meh

13. Senros

Senros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :ROFLMAO: the graduate student instructor :ROFLMAO: so they thought you were in your late 20's or early 30's haha. Though I'm not sure I should laugh. As I said, my brother's friend thought I was the older brother and that was when I was 20, so she probably also thought I was in my late 20's... I really think it depends on how long your hair is and if you have a beard or not. I look too young without beard and moustache (even though I can't grow a proper one.)
    Done :) though in my case, I can't really grow a beard, so it's more like, depends if you have facial hair or not xD
    :ROFLMAO: well, depending on where you live I think you can get some action with someone 16 or older and not go to jail. And then you have Japan.
    Yeah, being clean shaved makes people look younger. They would probably ask for my ID if I bought alcohol while clean shaved and with long hair and that's kind of sad.
    Lol are you serious?
    I can sort of guess if someone is 16 or older, but when they are around 14-15 I really am not sure if they are under 16 or above it. And 13 or younger... that's even trickier as you can only guess based on their height and their voice (if they are going through puberty or not) and some people are just freaks that are too tall or too small for their age or they just went through puberty when they were 5 so they talk like a grown man when they are 10...
    For the person in the picture, I would say late 20's (around 27.) At most 35, but Asian so it could be anything under 50. Still, I say 29-31 *shoots himself in the foot*
    :ROFLMAO: yeah, I also tried it and I think the software said I was around 30-40 most of the time xD Does it happen often that people say you look like the older sibling? In my case it has only happened once, but that's probably because when I'm with my brother and there is other people, they already know I'm the younger one.
    Isn't it forever 17 (or was it 21?)
    Yeah, people don't usually ask your age. It seems sort of rude, but if they tell you, "What year of high school are you in?" you already know they think you are 16-18, though that only works until 25 (around that age) when most people have gone through college and maybe also graduate school, so there is no way to indirectly ask someone's age and be precise after that point.
    That's... that's sad.
    Damn... are you small compared to other women in your country? That reminds me of my first job as a cashier in a supermarket. One day a girl came and bought beer and cigarettes, this being Germany, you can buy beer when you turn 16, so I only asked for her ID when she put the cigarettes next to the beer. It turns out she was almost my age :ROFLMAO: the same happened with a guy who also turned out to be around my age (I think one year older or younger.)

But it must be annoying. If you want to party in a club, they will ask you for your ID (though that also happens to me at 22...)

14. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    I look older than I am, and I realise that.

I am twenty one, almost twenty two now, but I look older.

This is because I have a beard. And I because I am tall, taller than most people on the street. I am also not a stick or underweight in health, as tall people are usually.

Also, you wouldn't believe this but changing languages and accents makes you look or sound either younger or older. It also has to do with your body language and how fast or slow you speak. Younger people have a sharper sound, and they usually speak as if running out of time.

People don't usually ask my age, they assume it. And I am counting on that, since the places I usually am are where people are much older, and being too young would isolate you or discredit your voice. If someone does ask my age, I have enough skill to steer the boat somewhere else.

Senros likes this.
  15. Ars Nova

Ars Nova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Many people who saw my face told me that I have an old man's face, and it becomes worse since I don't shave that often.

Real age : Under 21
    After shaving : 24-ish
    Without shaving : 27 and above, one people even missed it by almost one and a half decade which is actually depressing.

16. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Got a natural thick neckline broad face slanted bold eyebrows ever frowning brow and big nose. The only real evidence I'm Asian is my average height and Asian eyes.
    8 out of 10 people would take me seriously.

Senros likes this.
  17. Karamell

Karamell ✿~Peaceful Days~✿

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately, yes. When it is revealed that I’m the younger one, people are like “what...really?!” :D

18. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Clap clap clap. That's close enough. Of course Ai-chan can't say exactly how old Ai-chan really is (Rule 3 of Professional Modelling) but your guess is close enough.

19. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Height wise, I'm supposed to be about average, though I guess I do have a small dress size... It might also be because I have a kind of round babyface.

I don't mind clubs so much, since I don't go to them very often and everyone my age will get IDed. But when you turn up to some lame event that doesn't let under fourteens in and they still chase after you to check your age... That's a blow.

20. AshleyScarlet

AshleyScarlet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's usually either 1 year younger or 1 year older....now it's just younger due to my height and face. I am the youngest of three so everyone still considered me a child though I have passed that stage ages ago.