LCD True Martial World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Evilnemesis7, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Kiriima

Kiriima Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because it would have worked so well?

2. Finger_Ring

Finger_Ring Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, the Chinese style of separating couples for a hundred chapters and more. In this story, about 700 chapters going on 800. 800 chapters of not even a scene of her. Maybe LXT is just a figment of YY's imagination at this point.

Honestly, the story is ruined for me long ago. I wish Jiang Xiaoruo would make an appearance as well. What sucks about CC's writing is that we only get summaries of what happens to them and to make it easy half the time, writers can use oh well, they are indoor cultivating.

The only development of YY is oh, he learned a new technique, he gotten this pill, he enters a competition and got first. I skip all fights and set up chapters because Chinese writer. There is no such thing as a suspense, only a dragged out fight and the MC wins. I personally don't mind if the MC comes in second, third, or fourth place once in a while. But we cannot have that, because the sect or the one throwing the competition will give the first place winner a rare fruit, the exact one that the MC needs mysteriously! The story should be called 'The MC That Fell Into Every Powerup He Needs To Barely Handl His Current Situation.'

Next on True Martial World, YY takes a shit on a bush only to discover the heavenly dragon purple grass of mysterious origins, the one he needs to complete his super mega dao pill! Will he succeed in refining it, Yes! But CC will drag it out for 3 chapters to build suspense and to inflate his word count! Really, it is to inflate his word count!

Yes, I know I am being absurd but more or less, that is how the plot goes.

blablabla12 likes this.
  3. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    It has been a while and I somehow managed to stall over 100 chapters. Anyway, I started to wonder, who has been missing for a longer time, LXT from TMW or CYC from ATG?

4. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    What bothers most readers a lot that there was no any reason for their separation in TMW. I mean, plot reason. Sudden black hole is not a plot after all. Because how loose this author's move was I honestly expected them to meet in the Fey territory with a nice couple comeback.
    We need to wait them to appear to count in chapters, but time-wise? LXT, obviously. YY spent like a hundred of years already. Also in ATG MC spends much more emotions for CYC than YY for LXT. The last one mostly doesn't really care, cultivation for no driving reason is his first priority somehow.

MarkofWisdom and Finger_Ring like this.
  5. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter-wise?

6. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    We can't count in chapters before couples meet. I don't really remember when CYC was gone, but probably 800 chapters or so too.

7. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    For now I just want a glimpse of what is actually LXT doing

Next about BYY adopted son

And lastly YY ans LXT reunion

Is this possible to be fulfilled? :facepalm:

8. Finger_Ring

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that was pretty random and it popped out of nowhere. It is not like he had to ascend first or something.. My personal take, CC did not know how to write her and it is easy to send her off and create a plot for YY to solve. Even when they were together, he sent her off a couple of times and when they were together, she was just there in the scene, like his shadow. In the small world, she bows to his former acquaintances, she bows to his sister, and rarely says a word and does anything besides help him fight. That is why readers don't care for her because CC cannot make her sympathetic in any way. His writing style is more like I wrote it this way and this is how it is.

9. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    It was the same in MW with girls after a while. Well, it's a standard xianxia thing - no matter how strong and independent a woman was before meeting a MC, she would lose most of her personality after they become a thing and all of her problems, responsibilities and goals would transfer to a MC to deal with. If a girl at least doesn't lose her personality I call it a good romance because... well.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    Finger_Ring likes this.
  10. Finger_Ring

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't even get me started on aTG. We all know it is likely some females won't make an appearance until the end of the novel. The problem with huge harem is that it is too crowded and Mars needs to eject the old love interest to introduce the new. If all of YC's wives never leave his side, he would never get new booty because you know, he has to do that dreadful thing that Chinese authors hate to write about, spend quality time with their wives other than sex.

As shitty as that is, Mars is still a better writer than CC. And Mars is mostly about the suppressed underdog, mega overpowered Gary Stu that loves to write about wish fulfillment fantasy. I beleive it has something to do with Chinese culture, that they are constantly suppress by foreigners or their own government. That is just my theory and I don't know that much about Chinese culture other than their unnatural level of nationalism. I thought the US is bad and I am a US citizen that did not drink American exceptionalism kool-aid.

11. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah it's just usual genre tropes that should be in power-fantasy, just in a foreign for us cultural mirror.
    Not as bad as Japanese who are literally still nazy. With all my love for Japanese culture, btw. Unlike Germany, Japan was only defeated but never apologized or payed for any genocides they did on a mainland during WWII, not in any meaningful scale. It can be easily traced in Japanese isekai novels now.

12. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm more interested in Jiang Xiaorou's growth and progress.

13. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, we have her father's plot. I almost forgot. No, not almost. Really did forget about it.

14. Finger_Ring

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't read much Japanese novels. BTW, didn't the Chinese also massacre thepeople of Tibet. As far as I am concern, most countries are stained in blood, perpetrated by the brainwashed masses enough so those in charge can get away with their crimes. The US is still killing middle eastern people and the populace does not care because it is not their own group. If someone from Iraq comes to seek revenge because a US soldier enjoys killing brown people, the US citizens would demand revenge of their own. I have read a post by someone that is running as a GOP conservative in the US that was in the military, who enjoyed killing brown people as he posted it online. Don't get me wrong, there are enough of us US citizens that are sickened by what the US does, but enough of us makes the US look bad. and that person that posted he enjoyed killing brown people was nominated towards the primary. There are literal nazis and white supremisist that won their party's nomination in the US for congressmen, governers, and senators.

Trust me, I have no love for the Japanese as they kill off an entire population of whales and fishes. I actually dislike many cultures in general as most are flawed and backwards. People are not rational beings, we just try and rationalize the world and we do absurd things to each other and ourselves. Nor do I blame people as nature made us this way. I can still hate things and hate is irrational. What determines people's behavior is environment and genetics. We are all an amalgamation of those factors that form the core of our behavior. Just like sociopaths tend to gain power, they could not change because they lack the trait to change, empathy.

In the famous words of Lyndon B. Johnson.

“If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.”

And that is the same with nearly every race, group , and culture.

darksaint124 and Shratath like this.
  15. Fluffy Jellyfish

Reading List:
    Link
    Sister > Lover

Maybe we can get a glimpse what Princess White Fox, Luohuo and LXT is discussing in that sealed space

"Hey LXT, let me and princess white fox become YY's concubine"

solgera likes this.
  16. solgera

solgera Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    İf you wait another 200-300 chapter, why not... İ,too, have many things want to know.
    Jiang xiaorou, her father, tian yuan world, pure yang sword palace, fey phantasm sect, felicious rain lord, luo huo'er, old snake, those 4 demon guys, nine magus maiden real identity, and lastly lin xintong.

17. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a difference in the scale and age. But asians do cut each other pretty well from long time ago. Some Chinese civil wars were more dreadful than WWII. Japanese genocided entire provinces of both China and Korea and so on. What I meant is a current culture. Japan is peaceful and lazy so their culture is full of kind naziness which is pretty fascinating to watch.
    Again, the difference is a scale. It's a far cry from asians wars and what American settlers (not truly US people yet, but a bunch of people from different European countries) did with Indian, for example. Regardless of current war crimes of US government they don't do direct genocide. Is destroying economy and infrastructure of middle-eastern countries a slow genocide is up to debate.
    Most Germans didn't know much about Slavic or Jews genocide (I ranged them by a number of victims, 20 some millions dead Soviet civilians far exceed a number of killed Jews - not because of differential treatment but because Soviet Union had much more Slavic people to kill than German had Jews to kill).
    German had specially chosen and trained people for that. In Japan, regular army was cutting down Korean and Chinese population, it's an enormous basic difference in mentality. Not because Japanese are bad people, I mind you, it's just a label. I am pointing out this trait to show that they are different people who, as Chinese, shouldn't be judged by labels like "suppressed by their government" or such. You shouldn't use this American label for people with culture so vastly differential from yours.
    (I am using this word - 'yours' - because I am pretty sure that we are from different cultures. Mine doesn't include the use of simplified labels, we naturally have our own shortcomings)

Let's end this conversation in this thread here as an off topic. If you want to answer, you are welcome in PM.

Shratath likes this.
  18. Shratath

Shratath Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Kiriima @Finger_Ring off-topic : you guys are both right after all society is a complex organism (with a bad heritage from medievalism) and things wont change for a long time until our planet situation will go worse :( (i have made my mind we have doomed ourselves to a point of no-return) At least is nice to see more open-minded people growing more and more nowdays and not getting "brainwashed" from society and politics :blobparty:. (lets not forget big companies they are worse too, 95% of them :p )

Now back to TMW : it seems that this chaos daolord guy its the boss of this arc and he appeared out of nowhere :/ at least yi yun should reach divine lord lvl before fighting with this new enemy and win together with the new "pet" dragon :blobconfused: that would be more satisfying to follow

19. Fluffy Jellyfish

Reading List:
    Link
    What I hope is that YY and LXT become the one true couple that save the universe (no harem boi)

That aside, what is the chance that after YY reunite with LXT, CC separate them again? :hmm:

solgera and Mercy like this.
  20. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    If its not the end of the novel...99.9%!!!