LCD Rebirth of the Film Emperor’s Beloved Wife

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Jul 14, 2018.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Series link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/rebirth-of-the-film-emperors-beloved-wife/

C3: Was there really a need for a system? She seems like someone that was perfectly capable of achieving her goals without it. Well, unless it's only purpose was to help her with her love life. She seems pretty incompetent in that field ;)

What the heck is "strong psychological diathesis"?

I wonder if she has to use the skills to level them up, they level up on their own when she does, or if she gets to choose which ones level up when she does. If she has control over it, she should probably focus on the medical one. It'll probably give her the most help since she's already got him to cook for her, doesn't really need anyone else's advice for non-love life related stuff, and is perfectly capable of finding and buying her own scripts and songs. Though, an extra level in Pinpoint Location would also be helpful. It just shouldn't be a super high priority.

C4: Well, it looks like she's created quite the uphill battle for herself...

“Don’t smile. It doesn’t look good.” Does she not want to upgrade in this lifetime...?

I really want to know how she managed to be a successful company head in the entertainment industry if she's this bad at communication.

C5: I'm looking forward to her reaction when she finds out what he did ;)

C6: My God. How did her company not go under if she's this bad at communicating?

I didn't think she'd fire her assistant right away. Is she planning to just blackball her? That seems a bit light considering what the assistant did.

C8: I wonder if the system is their future child.

Why would an employment agency be illegal? Do they find jobs for assassins or something?

C9: All I can say is, "Wow." I don't know how she made it so far in the entertainment industry with a negative EQ.

I wonder which one he'll choose, or if he'll try to do both.

C10: "He thought that his auditory hallucinations must be getting worse…" :ROFLMAO:

C11: lol. Does this count as sexual harassment?

C13: I wonder why she didn't have her parents start looking into the Wangs when she had dinner with them.

Alina Moktan and Otwentyfirst like this.
  2. Otwentyfirst

Otwentyfirst skillfully clueless // lazy book reader ;)

Reading List:
    Link
    Wanted to read the story but was too lazy. Thanks for the chapter comments, they're really nice in keeping up with the story.

3. Alina Moktan

Alina Moktan LaLisa Stole My Heart

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 they are so cute couple

jacobpaige likes this.
  4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "She wondered who would freeze to death first." lol.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C16: "Was it genuine, or was he making fun of her again?" If it wasn't genuine, she wouldn't have gotten the points...

lol. This series would totally fail as a TV show. They'd simply need to much narration of their thoughts for it to work.

C17: I wonder if he'll suddenly start thinking that she just likes his cooking and it has nothing to do with liking him.

C18: I wonder why they keep saying that acting isn't a lifelong career. Plenty of actors have continued acting until the day they died or retired. Sure, it gets harder to find roles, but it's not like they don't exist, especially if you're as famous as he is, have a strong backing like he does and have the necessary range.

"she would have divorced first before claiming that she and Qin Jiran had no relations to each other. That way, it wouldn’t be considered a lie." And in what way would that be worse for the conspirator? Obviously, that would have made her even happier.

I hope she'll at least warn him before the press conference, but I'd be pretty surprised if she did. At most, I could see her telling him right before it started without giving him any time to adjust.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Qin Jiran decided that it was about time he did some research on auditory hallucinations." rofl :ROFLMAO:

I wonder how long it'll take him to realize that it's not just that she likes his cooking. After all, the level of improvement in her treatment of him can't really be just because she likes his cooking. It'd be out of character for her.

Also curious how the crazy murderer lady will react to the press conference, and what sorts of misunderstandings the press conference will generate due to the MC's and ML's awkwardness with self-expression.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering that he knows how much she hates liars, and his inability to believe that she can have positive feelings towards him, I wonder what he'll think about what she just said about their relationship.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope he's not seriously planning to give up acting to be her personal chef. I'm pretty sure that would make her upset about him wasting the scripts she gifted him.

nigaria likes this.
  9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I seem to remember that something good was supposed to happen when she got to five smiles. Anyone remember what it was? Or am I just mistaken?

10. nigaria

nigaria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I don't think anything happens with only 5. When she reaches 10 is when she'll have the upgrade mission, but until then is only accumulating "experience points"

jacobpaige likes this.
  11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "As the matter of fact, she was fanning the flames instead." dunno why, but this makes me laugh ;)

[was “the man is capable, and the woman is beautiful” or “the woman is beautiful, and the man is capable.”] I'm not sure I really see the difference? Is this a mistranslation of some sort?

12. nigaria

Reading List:
    Link
    A small slip from the TLor, the second one is "the woman is capable, and the man is beautiful”, it has already been corrected.
    So our couple are both of them beautiful and capable :X3::X3:

Rangeles and jacobpaige like this.
  13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    At this point, I'm not sure he'd believe her if she told him that she loved him. He's got a serious complex with regard to her...

14. nigaria

Reading List:
    Link
    He wouldn't. He'd think it is an act she has to put bc of her family or sth... We've still got a long way to go till we see them finally together... but well more time for us to enjoy their interactions ;)

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Playing cute the way 001 does is about as far removed from the MC's personality as it's possible to get. Even if she could manage it, and even if it made a positive impression with him, it would eventually destroy whatever relationship it helped build. Small lies are fine, but big ones, ones that redefine who you are, those are just ticking time bombs waiting to destroy everything around them, starting with the person telling the lies.

Why would someone with such an impressive resume be willing to be Su Yanyi's assistant? Just how much is this job paying?

16. nigaria

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree, she needs to learn to slowly open herself up to him, acting a personality that isn't hers would only backfire. Just imagine, if Yanyi were truly to play cute, Jiran would actually think she has hit her head and try to bring her to the hospital or sth lol.

I guess it really is very well payed, and well for someone who is proud of their skills and hability, working for the best is just a natural desire. If she really has the ability, why not look for someone who can make use of it to the fullest? Working a job that is under your capabilities is not fullfilling or satisfying, I guess that to work alongside someone like Su Yanyi who is at the pinnacle of the industry is a great honor that many would like to have but only a few are able to achieve.

17. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    Did anyone get origin error when access isohungrytls.com too?

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C29: I hate it when the TL drops spoilers in their notes :/

C30: lol. Who the heck gives a pistol to their sister when she says she likes someone? XD

Well, that's what I meant. Being a personal aide to a CEO isn't really using her abilities to their fullest. At the end of the day, she'll basically just be a glorified head maid. There's nothing wrong with being a head maid/personal aide, but it's certainly not as good as VP of International Affairs for instance.

Rangeles likes this.
  19. RizYun

RizYun #Kaffee4Laifu

Reading List:
    Link
    big bro should just give mc a castration knife, just in case lel :D

20. nigaria

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah the pistol part left me dumbfounded, a taser I still would understand but a handgun... anyway that means we'll also get to see the development of romance between the aides, I like it!:)