Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Rufi-sidd

Rufi-sidd When the wolves come out to play!

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobrofl::blob_grin:
    Don't forget jin ling baby sitting stress added too

Darcy, Aeli, OceanMagix and 3 others like this.
  2. Cypress

Cypress Eh, what's "outside"? /sinks into bed

Reading List:
    Link
    With Wei Ying gone he had no one to vent his anger out, it spread like wild fire for anyone around him, especially those who cultivated like Wei Ying they most likely acted as a sort of replacement for JC, poor them.

Darcy likes this.
  3. Cypress

Reading List:
    Link
    Not to mention his obsession with Wei Ying
    That child turn out to be so wild. He added more weight to himself by raising Jin Ling the way he did

OceanMagix and Vin313 like this.
  4. Yuslia

Yuslia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In short, being JC is suffering hahahaha

applebeans, Aeli, OceanMagix and 5 others like this.
  5. yingoh99

yingoh99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw is it just me? I found it hard to differentiate WWX (original) and WWX as Mo Xuan Yu? :oops:

cici likes this.
  6. Crystallizes

Crystallizes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they purposely made MXY and WWX look the same, so new fans coming to the show won't be confused

7. eternalfloof

eternalfloof Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so far the only thing to differentiate them is that MXY's character design has...messier hair LOL (even though WWX is pretty messy too)

yingoh99 and Darcy like this.
  8. Acsis

Acsis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And their clothes, in the past WWX's clothes have similar design to JC's clothes only different colour.

9. Acsis

Acsis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know it's a bit late to ask this, but why is JC so obsessive with WWX? I mean WWX had died for 13 years and probably JC was also there when WWX died, so revenge on WWX when he's already dead...? Can someone explain it to me? Is it true that he's a yandere?

10. Yuslia

Yuslia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Awww that poor giant ball of tsun is nowhere near yandere ahaha

OceanMagix and Fiorisi like this.
  11. xBubblex

xBubblex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi!! I am a total noob here^^ but may I know has anyone of you finish reading both old and new versions of this novel?? bcuz, I am reading spoilers in this thread ....and the timeline is driving me crazy :blobdizzy::blobdizzy:

cici likes this.
  12. Acsis

Acsis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, we've reached 200 pages!!! :aww::aww::aww:

Cemlemine and Fiorisi like this.
  13. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    If you haven't come across it yet @winter-t did an analysis of Cheng & Wei's fall out the answer may lie in there :aww:
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/the-founder-of-diabolism.32452/page-50#post-2897101

Though if you've already read it and an opinionated answer is alright with you I can give it a shot :blobReach: (My heart is basically made up of GDC right now lol) So, why is Cheng is so obsessive with Wei? Even after he had died 13 years? Because he has a major crush on him Nah, jokes lol, saving it for my fanfiction though. Personally, after reading through the spoilers & analysis provided by everyone here and the current translated novels, I'm beginning to feel that it's not obsession Cheng feels but rather...a bunch of painful emotions molding together over the years, then started to burn, and the fire continued to burn stronger in those 13 years of Wei's death, then exploded into dangerous fireworks when Wei reappeared. If there is an actual word describing this emotion, I would very much like to know :blobjoy:

Cheng felt or went through, sort of like Wangji did, a bunch of emotions whenever Wei was around. From my perspective, in their younger years before everything went to crap, Cheng's emotions towards Wei in summary was; Annoyance, irritation, inferiority cuz of mom & dad, and anger which is Cheng's way of expressing concern/worries towards ppl he cares about like how he treats cutey JinLing. And then everything changed when the Fire Nation Wen Clan attacked and by the end of it Cheng was left all on his own with even more complicated emotions on top of his already existing salty emotions and a baby nephew...poor Cheng :blobsob:

I feel like after that whole ordeal all Cheng felt was a whole truckload of bitterness like different levels of bitterness. Cheng had so much to say to Wei about his thoughts & feelings, but we know how Cheng is, he ain't gonna sit down and talk about his feelings (cuz his a massive tsundere), heck he couldn't even do that with his parents, or his sister, let alone Wei who's actual occupation isn't a cultivator but a 24/7 prankster, and who is the very person whom these piled up emotions are mostly concentrated on. Plus Cheng wasn't a heart to heart talk person, his more on action says a lot more kind of person. So, on those 13 years Wei died, since Wei himself wasn't there, he directed this ball of complicated burning emotions towards cultivators who followed his demonic path instead and when Wei did appear boom goes the fire, outcomes a raging ball of fire.

In summary, I interpreted it not an obsession but an unfinished business that was eating Cheng away inside & needed to let it out. When Wei finally appeared he sprang into action, cuz he sucks at heartfelt words or words wasn't enough, he chose to personally drag him back to Yunmeng instead and bow for forgiveness in front of Cheng's parent's graves. In may seem like his taking revenge but in my heart it feels like he just wants Wei to feel or understand the emotions he felt throughout all those years, and who knows maybe Cheng asking Wei to bow for forgiveness wasn't only just for his parents but for Cheng himself as well?
    Sorry if this ended up being long, and I probs didnt even answer any of your questions but if you read it thank you! :blobjoy:

Rcyan, alexfilia, adina and 8 others like this.
  14. Zora KKKKK

Zora KKKKK Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jiang Cheng should be the straightest man in this yaoi novel lol

15. Acsis

Acsis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, it was great!! You summarized it very well!! I like how you think about JC's feelings towards WWX!!! :D:D:D

Fiorisi likes this.
  16. CawCawBird

CawCawBird Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And yet it would probably better for him if he wasn't considering no woman wants to put up with him uh, "meets his standards" *cough

Fiorisi, K.san, Yuslia and 1 other person like this.
  17. Yuslia

Yuslia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He is XD everyone in novel is straight (minus WangXian ofc) but JC is the straightest.

K.san likes this.
  18. OceanMagix

OceanMagix Catnapping periodically. Existence is oblivious

Reading List:
    Link
    Who’s Wang Xian?

19. Cypress

Reading List:
    Link
    Lan WangJi and Wei WuXian
    WangXian is also the name if the song that Lan Zhan sung for WeiYing during the cave incident . The song's name is basically a combination of their courtesy name.

Cemlemine, Fiorisi and joktzer like this.
  20. OceanMagix

OceanMagix Catnapping periodically. Existence is oblivious

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh~ no wonder couldn’t figure it out :blob_grin:
    What about LanShui x JinLing? From the extras?

Hmm... do you think that there’ll be episodes of the extras?:aww: