Hello Newbies! A Welcome Thread for You Reader!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FlowingSong, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Ali06P

Ali06P Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone,
    Name: Ali06P
    Hobbies: Lazing around in my recliner, reading novels/manga/webtoons, and watching crime shows and HGTV
    Favorite Things:
    TV show - Modern Family
    Food - Pizza
    Novel - Divine Doctor: Daughter of the First Wife (catalyst to start reading novels;))
    Manga - Horimiya (adorable romance and slice of life :X3:)
    Webtoon- Tower of God (the best thing ever and UP every Monday :LOL:)
    Tags - Weak to Strong, Black Belly Protagonist, Female Protagonist :blobReach:b/c I love novels that just make me want to scream GIRL POWER!!!, Josei, Cultivation, Love Interest Falls in Love First, Villainess Noble Girls, and Romance​
    Life Status: Just graduated from high school and entering college this Fall :D

2. csgabeism

csgabeism Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Gabe
    What I Do:
    Got out navy used to work on a sub going back to college
    Novels:
    1.Arena
    2.Posseing Nothing
    3.My Disciple Dies Again
    4.Lazy Swordmaster
    Juno I have like 50 plus on reading list tons on waiting to update

Intrest: Off-roading
    My 4Runner
    Cooking
    Basketball
    Web novels
    Books
    I got pics I got from a few days ago when I was up in the truck trails

3. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm I never used this but here goes nothing

Name/Nickname: Wujigege..changed username
    Hobbies/interests: Translating novels
    Genres you read often/tags you often look for: Transmigration, Game elements, tragedy
    Your favourite novel/read and WHY: RMJI, protagonist runs for his life a lot. The Schadenfreude meter is quite high
    Random Fact: I hate humans that is why I translate crappy novels for them so they can be dumber than me :blobowoevil_horns:

kimdark likes this.
  4. Roaring Maiden

Roaring Maiden Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Roaring Maiden
    Nickname: Maiden-san
    Hobbies: Reading, drawing and eat. :3
    I like all genres, tags...but I like BL, weak to strong and transmigration novel the most.
    For now, the novel i like most is The reader and protagonist must be a lover? I cannot remember the titles but the races though~
    Got any suggestions on awesome novel? Do message me! I also wanna shares opinions, interest and make new friends!

5. Syrux

Syrux Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name : Syrux
    Hobbies : Reading books/manga, watching anime, codding stuff, playing games.

Concerning books, I love pretty much all genres, with a preference for fantasy/sci-fi novels. I'm currently running out after running any novel that looked interesting in the top 200. So if you got anything interesting you wanna share, do it me up. (If possible, stories with as consequent a backlog as possible, nothing is more frustrating for me than waiting for the next chapter of a story.)

Concerning games, I have a preference for RPG and gestion games. I also like fps, but I'm not that good at them.

If you've got any suggestion, do it me up !

6. AshleyScarlet

AshleyScarlet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The name should be on my profile.....
    My hobbies and interests are very basic: Writing stories, reading books and drawing... I like animes, mangas and novels like the majority present on this website.
    the genre I look for is often fantasy, and romance, or something dark with a twist in it.
    I don't have a specific favourite novel...It's difficult to choose among many.

7. arcers

arcers New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hello there

8. Blissyful

Blissyful Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name/Nickname: Blissy

Hobbies/interests: reading and playing video games
    Genres you read often/tags you often look for: made into manga/manhua/manhua/movie/drama, transmigration, second chance, romance, mmorpg and more

Your favourite novel/read and WHY; between Poison Genius Consort and This MC is Kickass! I like PGC because the MC is not OP and quickly adapts to everything. I like how she gets herself out of trouble through careful means. I like This MC is Kickass because the MC made a character that was ugly and endured the ridicule of it. I do think she is too perfect IRL and not really realistic when it comes to that, however! I believe that is a balancing point. How interesting it is to be on both ends of judgement! Online character is ugly son people show disgust, RL person is not only beautiful but also great in her studies as well as rich.

Then add anything you like :): I wish there was a way to figure out what the manga/manhua/manhwa/drama/movie name is so I can look them up and compare the differences xD

kimdark likes this.
  9. kimdark

kimdark Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, you can call me either froppy or kim
    Hobbies/interests: my hobbies are watching anime, reading, drawing and writing
    Genres you read often/tags you often look for: I would love to read good ghost stories, fantasy lands, also strong female leads
    Your favorite novel/read and WHY: My favorite novels I guess the lord of ring trilogy and all mangas lol jk not all ... I am just learning about webnovels so I don't have any favorite at the moment but I am open to all recommendations!

Blissyful likes this.
  10. PumpkinzZ

PumpkinzZ Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, I'm Pumpkin you can call me 'Cabby'.

Hobbies and interest: Hmm... Is everything an answer? I guess not. I like to try everything possible and I like diving the most. Fav game is FTL, Dwarf Fortress (played like over 8 years.).

Genres you read often/tags you often look for: American Hero, Sidekick, Conclusive Stories, Tragedy (not edgy, not Psychological, nor teenager bullshit), Horror, Sci-Fi, Romance (the warm, natural and fuzzy ones) and Fantasy and What-if stories
    Your favourite novel/read and WHY; Tate no Yuusha by a long shot... It is one bearable read when you feel lethargic... Honestly speaking, I want novels where I don't need to describe why I like it by using it's contents (character, plot, etc.) and has solid value in aesthetics. For that, Isekai Meikyuu, Paladin, Arifureta, Overlord, Vermillion (No Korean, Chinese novels, since almost everything get's destroyed in the process, but I liked some.)
    Tate no Yuusha - straightforward.
    Isekai Meikyuu - insanely fleeting and has a single focal point.
    Paladin - Pure happiness. It's SAO done right (SAO is 1/10 in all honesty, I'd take Accel World anytime if I'd read Reki)
    Arifureta - Very engaging scenes. Cheap way to dream and place yourself in. (LMS, works too... a bit. well, only in setting. Also, anything with loaded action just doesn't work.)
    Overlord - Standard, but the factor that separates the POV (Momonga and his Servants) is simply good. Not to mention, everyone (servants and enemies) have a (quirky) personality at some point.
    Vermilion - The way I imagine stories. Unblemished, Girl's Last Tour type of story but instead with awkward male-to-female relationship.
    Re. Zero - Special case, but it works!
    Hon. Mention:
    Index - Literally, unending reuse of illusion concept despite it's grandness in scale. Kamachi Kazuma is my Fav. Author.
    Heavy Object - Technically better, but given that I'm only focusing on Hevia means it has it's limits. Kamachi Kazuma is my Fav. Author.
    Rokujouma - The interaction is there, but also a concept constantly reuse also. There are a lot like it. (Allison Lilia etc.)

Random Note: I want to play games that doesn't end, that you don't need to ask or beg for other people, a game where you can do simply what you want. Right... A game that is.

kimdark likes this.
  11. Ailithir

Ailithir New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ailithir on the mic!
    Aili or Lith are fine too. Pretty much anything is fine as long as I know it's me you're referring to =V

I like to play MMOs (currently playing FFXIV the most, sometimes I log on Aion too and was planning to try out Tera as well), to draw and am studying to become a comics artist, I'm also studying Japanese and work freelance as translator: mostly ENG/ITA, occasionally for Spanish or German although I don't use German often enough to feel comfortable with it past the occasional translation. I count to add Japanese too to the list soon, for the time being I just use my knowledge to read manga and novels without waiting on other translators =V

I like to think that I don't have a tag I look up more than the others, but it's true that the novels I end up liking are the ones where the MC is a legit genius and makes you wish to slap em to tomorrow for how shameless they are, yet you can't help but liking them, because they're genuinely nice at the end of the day (and it's also quite noticeable by looking at my top 5)

Right now my fave novel of all is The King's Avatar, followed closely by Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation (yep I'm a fudanshi/yaoi fanboy, still, GDC is really an awesome novel and at least up to the latest translated chp, the BL isn't so heavy that non-BL fans can't enjoy it) and Adorable Food Goddess, then Log Horizon and Alderamin on The Sky.

I used to quite like Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken, but then it gradually got weird enough that I thought that maybe the translators were trolling, so I checked the raws and nope, still weird af, so I dropped it...

Another novel I've read years ago and that I still remember fondly (not only for being the first Chinese novel I've ever read) is The Legend of Sun Knight, by the same author of Half Prince (that too was quite amusing, but LSK was better *^*)

kimdark likes this.
  12. Fredou

Fredou Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can call me Fredou or anything you feel like I am.

I mostly spend my time with my girlfriend, anime, manga, video games (interested in competitive plays but never subscribed in a competition ever) and programming. I also like reading innovative and inspiring topics.

I like to read romance because, it just find love beautiful and gives nice vibes. I hate it though, when the main character decide to date someone he/she doesn't really like out of frustration or something >.>
    I like slice of life just as much because it's relaxing and funny and have lots of cute stuff too :)

kimdark and absolutepotato like this.
  13. absolutepotato

absolutepotato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name/Nickname:
    July/Jay
    Hobbies/interests:
    Watching Anime, Making Art, Cooking and Eating Food, Petting Saimai (my adorable doggo!), Annoying my boyfriend (see above!)
    Genres I read often/tags I often look for:
    Fantasy, Si-Fi, Inspirational, Psychological thrillers, Horror, Romance, Comedy... basically everything
    My favourite novel/read and WHY:
    The Stranger — Albert Camus

This short novel accomplished so much in such a short amount of time! I finished it in a day and was completely dumbfounded! The ending was basically a surprise slap to my face once everything clicked. It was sheer joy! Sorry for the exclamation points. I just love the novel so much.

kimdark likes this.
  14. absolutepotato

absolutepotato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi it me your gorlfriend

Fredou likes this.
  15. kimdark

kimdark Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "I am the antagonist that everyone loves to hate, but there wouldn't be a story without me.:blobpopcorn_cool:"
    great quote!

Wujigege likes this.
  16. kimdark

kimdark Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What Animes are you watching now!!

17. DooMWhite

DooMWhite Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm watching Grand Blue and High Score Girl(If you don't like CG just read the manga).

kimdark likes this.
  18. Suou

Suou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name/Nickname you want us to call you: Suou.
    Hobbies/interests: I have a lot. From writing, playing video games, watching anime, reading book/manga and doing some sports.
    Genres you read often/tags you often look for: I usually go for stuff with shoujo-ai or yuri tags on them. I also love reading Isekai stories. Stories with tragedy also interest me as well as stories with anti-heroic protagonists.
    Your favourite novel/read and WHY: Hmm...I enjoyed plenty of novels...so I don't have a clear favourite....sorry lol.

19. Sinless

Sinless Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here I go~

Name/Nickname:
    Sinless
    Hobbies/interests: Reading, Photographing
    Genres you read often/tags you often look for: RPG, Well written character development
    Your favourite novel/read and WHY: Monster Soul Online. Reason: epic adventure, epic battle, enough said.
    Random Fact: I'm a translator of above novel (lol) All comments are very welcome!

20. starrynight_33

starrynight_33 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haiii~ :blobfistbumpR:
    Name : starrynight_33
    Hobby : listening to my kpop playlist, cooking and sleeping
    Genre you read often/tag you often look for : romance and female protagonist wanabee~
    Favorite novel : mm.. i dont really have a favorite one. but recently, i enjoy reading novel with system admin like quick transmigrating second female lead’s counterattack and my disciple died yet again