Recommendations Interesting story with good romance

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Tali, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Tali

Tali Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking for a story with romance that actually goes somewhere.
    Male MC but preferably not a huge pervert. MC shouldn't be dense. (Yuri is ok too I guess)
    Female lead doesn't really matter.
    Marriage/polygamy is always a bonus. Slice of life is good too.

The Laid-back Life in Another World of the Ex-Hero is a good example.

2. naghi32

naghi32 The Loner

Reading List:
    Link
  3. mumfie

mumfie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. DualModulus

DualModulus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Jeux

Jeux Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  6. 222222

222222 12121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212

Reading List:
    Link
    By going somewhere, do you mean a couple that actually having sex after a bunch of dates.

Or actually making a baby after having lots of sex?

Some Romances simply ends at the sex.

7. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reborn as My Love Rival’s Wife - My favorite romance story of all time. A gender bender if you haven't figured out by the title. So good that it made me want to read the raws using google translate cause I couldn't handle the wait. The best romantic development there is, the romance actually goes somewhere. By the end they even have a few chapters showing a bit of the after they've had kids too.
    (It even makes sure to talk about their first time, lol. It is definitely worth reading, cause that was just so funny.)
    It's also one of the funniest novels I've ever read. The main character is the best and funniest waifu you can ever find.

8. Tali

Tali Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean it as they become a couple or atleast tell confess to each other. I don't want a story where both parties love each other but don't do anything about it. I want to have their relationship progress and evolve. Marriage and sex are always a bonus. Not necessary but its nice.

runsing likes this.
  9. Asdq

Asdq RSS FEED SECT! I WANT YOU FOR THE RSS ARMY!

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd dropped because "oh, she is the beautiful girl of the school. So I need her. ". Is the same girl? Please, say me NO. Say me that the MC find another girl.

10. Jeux

Jeux Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well he went after her at the beginning because she's a beauty but the development of their relationship is quite good

11. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry but it's the same girl and he dates her. Later he flirts, kiss and finally BEEP her but it's not shown (before and after but no during). Also bad point, the muscled/big girl that was in love with one of his doormate didn't go out with the guy, she says she got no love, bad scores, bad at martial arts and finally that she needs to leave the club. Pretty pitiful. I kinda hate the author for that, even though everything else is nice, like the face bashing when others discover the power of MC or the romance between MC and heroine.

I'm also the same, wait i got a thread for you.

12. rook14

rook14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    boku no pico

13. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Check my thread :
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/romance-without-problems.67478/
    The ones i like very much:
    The General Wants to Hug and Sleep funny romance between a tea master woman and a powerful general that is pretty possessive.
    A good-ending story despite his title (a bare minimun drama, no gore, no horror, no murder, just a guy trolling about wanting to kill his wife sorry for my spoiler): https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-probability-i-can-kill-my-wife-without-being-found-out/
    Alternate pov (wife): https://www.novelupdates.com/series/a-game-to-make-him-fall/
    A not bad not good romance one shot : https://www.novelupdates.com/series...rl-who-kept-challenging-a-reborn-man-like-me/
    Somehow no huge development, just a confession,
    time skip and they got a daughter.

And plz read Martial Arts Master, the romance is epic. Number 1 in my eyes and let's hope it continue to do so
    because later on it says that they need to separate because heroine need to study abroad for some years.

I hope you like/liked my suggestions or found what you want in my thread.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    Tali likes this.
  14. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    No comment, Tali if you are still innocent, plz don't search that. It can be considered good romance with the number 1 (there are 3 of them) but it's shota + yaoi and 18+.

15. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for multi-posting.
    Here is some original yuri stories (caution i spoil quite a bit):
    Binary Soul (completed): In a city where anything happens like the attack of a reviving necromancer or giant rats or even living piece of furnitures lives our powerful MC magician girl that often get into troubles like scratching too much behind the ears of the beatsmen or beating some drunkards that touched her ass or breasts. Luckily with some jail or some fine she is always released as she is a good girl. One day, a star (looks like) crash into the forest. She will find in there a lover that is in fact herself but in another world (selfcest).

Lily Ex-machina (completed): A girl machinist that is paragon (a classification of power user = max) with her power of control (of stuff she touches but considered quite useless), dreams to become popular with her work. One day she decides with her childhoodfriend and the group of mercenaries/adventurers she works with to go to the last lvl discovered in the labyrinth/dungeon that the city manages to find new metals to become popular with the discovery. But in there she will wakes up something terrific. And also discover a robot that will becomes her lover.

For BS, the biggest positive point of it is the fact that nothing bad happens (at least to the MC and lover) so go read it with a happy heart and expect lots LOTS of comedy.
    For LEM, there is quite a lot of drama + tragic ending.

There is also the recently updated "I came back in order to see you", again yuri. Confession, kisses, op MC. Huge plus, the author said she/he won't bring angst in it.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  16. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
  17. Tali

Tali Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think everyone knows about Boku no pico. It's useless to warn me. It's so infamous that even my friends who aren't into anime/manga and other Asian literature know about boku no pico. But still thanks

18. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Plz read my suggestions, especially the yuri originals (maybe not for Lily as it contain quite a lot of drama).