Question Qidian

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by yexiu, Jul 23, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alina Moktan

Alina Moktan LaLisa Stole My Heart

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't read it. I just wanted qidian pick gem novel like sinister ex girlfriend which has highest rates.and Some quick transmiggrationt novel, not modern, CEO rape which is like disaster to me. I only read novel that's has no rape tag

2. Jerry chicks

Jerry chicks Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You guys see the other website that legit is copying qidian?

3. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Because they think Qidian should be spelt as Kidian that’s why. It’s a silly reason to hate something isn’t it..

4. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    find a willing translator who wanna work for qidian for that series on question first~

what a surpise
    wait I should expect that kind of reply~

5. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Nino Sasou

Nino Sasou 『 ******** 』『 On Paid Leave』

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Maxlan

Maxlan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was also pretty annoying back when they deleted all bad reviews and made fake ones to promote the novels instead, even though some of those stories had awful translations. At the start Daoist Gu was just machine translation, being sold as actual translation. They also expect people to pay for shit like that..

When some novels go from ad to unlock to only spiritstone to unlock, there is supposed to be a 1 day unlock regardless, but on most novels they just skip that and leave everything locked..

8. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Poor quality translations. MTL rips. Paywall and adwall.

9. Azule Emperor

Azule Emperor Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    These shameless bastards even tried to improve their image by saying they had changed and were working a cooperative relationship and helping improve the translating community. They originally "partnered" with Gravity Tales and made it so they had access to all of the novels on Gravity and they had some popular ones on there's. Which you would think was okay until they released chapters the had ads and premium. With farther translations that weren't shared with Gravity. With this, they basically have full power over novels on a very popular site. And while in this "partnership" they tried silently poaching there most popular novels such as Kings Avatar which became the most popular novel on QI for a long period of time. And when Gravity realized what was happening and tried to end this relationship. QI bought Gravity in a single move. After that, they took the novels they liked and moved them to there site while also removing slow translators. After that, they let Gravity return to normal while silently reaping the profits.
    So basically after being caught AGAIN and labeled as frauds they gave up on their public image and decided to push the shamelessness to the extreme. And all the above comments.

10. oKrBn

oKrBn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    King of hell I was reading which will probably never get picked up because of them and alot of the things other people have mentioned above

11. The Punisher

The Punisher The Order

Reading List:
    Link
    I did not know about this and I already did not like them

12. doggo

doggo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How is there not a good alternative? There should be a single united novel website to rule them all in peace and prosperity.

13. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly?

People wanted free stuff, Wuxiaworld gave people some free stuff. Qidian said we want in the business, didn't gave WW more novels, used their contract to cancel the agreement to retake their novels that had been translated Wuxiaworld.
    People just wanted the old way of translation, they don't want a subscription services that Qidian charge on their chinese counterpart. So thats basically it.

lonelytree likes this.
  14. Dovah

Dovah Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only thing I dislike is the novel choices. I just don't like those types of novel genre that are apparently popular on QI. But I have to say that for the few novels that I do read, I am impressed w/ how fast they are being translated/edited. :ROFLMAO:

15. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Awhile ago they came into these forums when the debate between them and WW was at it's most intense.
    They took the opportunity to blatantly lie and try to manipulate us. They were caught after a few hours but they came onto this forum with the intention to mislead everyone, lie to everyone. All to garner more support.

Any company that gets caught treating the community, fans or consumers like that doesn't deserve their business.

justmehere likes this.
  16. IMM

IMM 『X.O.X.O』

Reading List:
    Link
    One thing I dont understand is that they claim that sexual content is not allowed in their novels so they remove it. but recently there was a novel that got released and the first few chapters was just a girl getting raped. Pretty weird IMO. Next is the amount of racism in the novels, sometimes its subtle and funny but other times its just distasteful and over the top.( I am not pointing fingers at people being racist or anything) If they want to do something, they better do it right or else there is no point attempting

17. The Punisher

The Punisher The Order

Reading List:
    Link
    The only thing I read there is the original novels

18. The Punisher

The Punisher The Order

Reading List:
    Link
    Wuxia world should really add this

19. zh0lvin

zh0lvin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For some reason, even if a lot of us don't like them, more and more readers seems to visit their website...
    https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/webnovel.com
    So I suspect that a lot of people despise them, and say it loud... but visit them more and more nonetheless...
    If you REALLY don't like them, don't visit them. That's it.
    Qidian does nothing but bad/quick/MTL/copy-pasta/shady things and it's working : they get more and more viewers. So why should they stop ?
    I don't like them, and I never want to their website since 2017. But everyone know that the internet is building itself according to the reader's behavior. So if Qidian is doing so well nowdays, we readers are part or the problem. I'm just saying :blobwhistle:

kenar and StuffedDuck like this.
  20. Dovah

Dovah Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that u mention it. I do read more original novels than translated novels there. Happy I found some really good original novels on QI. Just wish they have better tags :ROFLMAO:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.