Qidian is Scummy?! Why?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Darter5, Jul 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Causal Reader

Causal Reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL! This tells me you really don't know why they are scummy! If you check the earliest forum postings under Qindian & QI you would know the reasons the community say they are SCUM!!!

Tramsloof and Phantom Starlight like this.
  2. Green Apple

Green Apple Actually I'm secretly an orange.

Reading List:
    Link
    Shitty mtl translation and theft of translations aren't scummy for you huh

Tramsloof likes this.
  3. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    can you link them

the quality seems pretty amazing to me and if the viewers move to qidian instead of staying then i dont really think its qidians fault

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2018
  4. lkaze

lkaze [NTR Sect Follower][@Get Tony To Tease Parth Fund]

Reading List:
    Link
    This topic AGAIN?? just go read all the post in NU for more information

Here, in the Yiwen world, there were 3 major organizations. The Wuxia Sect that ruled the earth, the Flying Kingdom that ruled the heavens, and the Gravity Sect that ruled the seas. There were also many smaller organizations like Whitesnowcat Sect and Xianxia Sect.

Anyways, there was peace in the land. Until the Apocalypse came.

Several months before the Apocalypse.

The Great Wuxia Sect encountered people from the Zhongguo World that were seeking to plunder resources for cultivation from other worlds. At first, peace and healthy trades were discussed.

A month or so before the Apocalypse.

Mysteriously, Xianxia Sect disappeared, and an organization, founded by the cultivators from the Zhongguo World, appeared. All the secret techniques, manuals, and resources, except for one white jade mine, moved places. Many small sects disappeared only to have their possessions in this new organization, called “Bad Quality Translations Sect.”

Meanwhile, most of the high-leveled cultivators moved from the Gravity Sect to Wuxia Sect or Flying Kingdom. No one knew why.

The Apocalypse.

I, as an ordinary mid-level disciple of the Wuxia Sect, went on my ordinary day, reading the secret manuals of How To Seal The Heavens, Changing Heavenly Jewels, The Era of the Desolate, Domination of the Emperor, Anime Copy(shortened to AC), and all the other secret manuals.

This day was yet another day where I lurked in the most busy city on Yiwen World, Ni Understand Food. Ni Understand Food (NUF for short) was the capital of the Kingdom of Ni Understand (NU for short). NUF was where disciples of all sects and kingdoms gathered to expound on the Dao. Nah, we’re all just bored from sitting in a stone chamber for 100 years…

There were several new chapters on some secret manuals, and I quickly flipped through them. They’re called “secret manuals” but they’re completely public; awesome people called translators convert a secret code into readable script.

Suddenly, an alarm sounded, and I felt a terribly profound presence. The most elderly cultivator in Bad Quality Translation Sect, Reverend Qi, appeared!

He spouted many lies, but those lies carried power. A power that used a system of cultivation called, “Join Us or DMCA.” We couldn’t resist; he was too powerful.

Just when my limbs were about to be fully controlled by him, the Wuxia Sect leader came. The leader had finally came out of closed-door cultivation, and he had created a new move. He took the legendary artifact of the Wuxia Sect, the Sword of Public Opinion, out and used his new move, “Common Sense.”

A great aura came from him; he reached the Enlightened Daoist Translator Realm! With that cultivation realm, he now had 4.4mil ding of strength. He grabbed a mountain and two rivers in the vicinity, and threw them at Reverend Qi.

Qi had no choice but to retreat. But, while he was distracting Reverend Ren, his subordinates cursed many of the high echelons of many sects.

It was too late; the damage was done, and many secret manuals that translators were decoding were lost.

It was a terrible day, and all people in the Yiwen World were infuriated at Qi.

The curses kept activating, and Qi’s subordinates kept sending curses more.

Many more secret manuals were lost, and some were stolen by Qi.

By now, us Yiwen World dwellers knew of Qi’s plan. Qi wanted to take the resources of the Yiwen World by monopolizing secret manuals and creating the most, most, most, most, most horrifying thing known as a “paywall.”

A paywall is the most profound of formations that can protect a secret manual.

Qi was hated. A cursed person, under his dying breath, released the details. The curse forced either slavery or death.

After the............

What the heck did I just write?

• After QI became slightly greedy, they broke the contract with WW. Then, WW and QI had a public fight over licensing, with QI's argument full of lies
    • QI forced many novels to be dropped through threatening with DCMA to try to get tlers to join their site
    • Shamelessly copy + paste novels over to QI
    • If QI can't threaten with DCMA, they post negative comments on the tler's site
    • If previous doesn't stop a tler from translating, then they just translate ahead of the said tler
    • If a tler wanted to join QI, they would have to sign a "slavery contract," which would basically prevent the tler from doing anything against QI and the tler's translations wouldn't be theirs anymore
    • PAYWALL! QI claimed that they weren't going to implement one for all of 2017, but we all know that the date of the paywall implementation is Jan 1, 2018.........
    • GT was bought by QI

Credit: @LysUltima
    Reference:
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/the-qidian-incident-for-new-people.50498/

Qidian make money, people angry

Discussion all goes here:

https://forum.novelupdates.com/thre...re-qidian-opinion-threads-will-go-here.40684/

lazycrash, Rumby, Tramsloof and 2 others like this.
  5. FieryFox

FieryFox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    more than likely this is just qidian having one of their staff check the public's current opinion on them before they make some big change they know we will hate

Tramsloof, Ai chan, mir and 6 others like this.
  6. Green Apple

Reading List:
    Link
    I see. So if it's qidian you allow it to do shit if it gets it more readers. Nice.

7. Causal Reader

Causal Reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    P.S. I know they are scum, reason is simple it happen while I was there on the net. Go back in the forum history, look through it, and find your answer.

8. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    wait what?

I mean the readers are choosing to betray the creators by leaving them. Plus, if any group stole a story then posted it on their site and somehow it got more views/clicks than the original, there must be something up with the reader or the website.

9. zamornews

zamornews Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it should be along the line of

im making this really nice car, only one of them is made. a sponsor came and pay me money so that i didnt sell it to anyone else and i said okay. the sponsor went around town with the new car and all the girls loves it. i see that and got a little jealous because i also want to get some loving too but the contract wont let me sell it to other people. then it hit me, "i dont have to sell it, i can just use it myself since the contract never said i couldnt use my own car, it only said i couldnt sell it to other people and me using it is not technically selling it!". so i went with my plan. the sponsor sees me and gets mad because only he was suppose to use it according to the contract so i tell him that i didnt brake the contract since im not selling it to anyone, im just using something that belongs to me. sponsor is obviously mad since he already paid me for the incentive and never thought i was so shameless and needy of female attention that i would use such a loophole.

i highly doubt qidian would actually put in their contract that they themselves where not allowed to translate the work that legally belong to them since that would basically be the same as just selling all the right of the novel to the other person. especially when the original novel is an extremely popular novel that brought them a bunch of money.

Rumby, blaze27, Mnotia and 1 other person like this.
  10. otoshi-god

otoshi-god "Alive";[False Illusionist]

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpeek::blobmelt:
    i like WW a little bit more than Qidian, i feel that the web page of qidian is sometimes slower than the one from WW...
    something that i don't like Qidian is the long paywall, i mean the public chapters is at 734 while the private chapter of the paywall is already in 899(Library of Heaven's path)... and they only release them to the public 1 per day...(i know is their way to make money but i think that it will be better to have a little less of space between them)
    and i also hate the reader of Qidian, god i hate that white bars at the sides, i have to use 250% of zoom while a "custom" tamper monkey script to reduce the text size to 13...

11. viprei

viprei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dude, like, read everything you typed slowly and see if this shit makes sense, if it does you need some medical assistance

Lil K.O and lazycrash like this.
  12. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The OP post once about QI and thats it. Last seen 42 mins ago (which is the same time he post the topic)...

Not really sure he is trolling or not

13. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess i do cause i dont see the problem but im kinda stupid

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  14. Green Apple

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all companies normally DMC if others translate without the permission and do their own translation instead of copy pasting without agreement for said translation. Second of all the fact that qidian allows itself to hire mtl as an official company doesn't improve their reputation. And last major reasons why I don't like qi - basically shills and attempts to create drama and their inability to do business behind the scene without involving NUF in it( they were creating controversial and slandering posts themselves(they were caught lying too). People here didn't like it and QI recieved well earned backlash for their underhanded tactics. That's why official QI spokeperson ran away from NUF and there are only shills left appearing from time to time. (Like account made in 2016 and the first thread is about trying to show qi in a good light)
    So there you have it. While you have reasons to like QI (and I don't try to stop you from reading there), saying that QI did nothing wrong and its bad reputation is undeserved would be a lie.

lazycrash and Ai chan like this.
  15. zamornews

zamornews Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, God Of Slaughter is literally 200 chapters behind premium ones. he releases 2 chap a day with random mass releases(10+) in between. and it only went premium in April with only around 5 chap difference. i dont even want to think what the difference will be in December

otoshi-god likes this.
  16. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link

I didn't know this so thanks but just for the people that didn't see my other posts; I have never seen the bad side of qidian because I'm not up in there like [insert metaphor].

I know all companies have bad sides and it will be nice to see the bad sides of qidian so we all can help them become a better company by writing complaints, reviews, or etc and then letting them know, "Hey bud, You're doin somethin there and uh like check it," I truly hope we can change them with our online voices now.

But, we can't ignore that qidian may steal and be cruel to the other creators it is also the fault of the people running to their site. We are a community and we have yet to develop a conscience.

Truly, I like this thread and the people actually linking things cause people are just saying things instead of linking.....PLEASE LINK LIKE I WANT TO READ THESE TINGS MY MANS, BIG SHAQ!

im honestly posting in this thread cause i havent posted in a while

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2018
  17. viprei

viprei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    there's a link on the first page of this thread

18. Green Apple

Reading List:
    Link
    It was already said that there are mega threads about the situation with QI.
    Basically dozens of threads being merged. I personaly don't have much time to look through them and for specific links. Your best bet is to use nuf search and find mega threads about QI and read it if you truly want to know the reason.
    P.s. Ikaze already dropped a link you need, so what else do you expect? (Scratch that, it turned out not to be what I thought it is. Nuf search it is then)

Tramsloof likes this.
  19. Dizzcity

Dizzcity Watching generations of fans rise and fall away

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm replying to your post simply because I want to believe someone with Tzuyu as their profile pic won't be a Qidian shill, and just honestly doesn't know. :)

If you want to read the full details instead of just various opinion threads, the best thing to do would be to read the WuxiaWorld and Qidian Mega-Merge Threads 1.0 and 2.0. As well as the Gravity Tales and Qidian Mega-Merge Thread. There are indexes on the first post that can help you organise the sequence of events.

For newer readers, the main reason why long-term people on this forum get upset is because almost every month, someone starts a post debating about Qidian. And it's usually started by a new user with no previous history in this forum, whose first post is to either (1) accuse Wuxiaworld of doing something wrong to Qidian, or (2) praise Qidian and say it's not that bad. After several months of these kinds of posts, it is very obvious to observers that these are just one-time accounts created by someone that Qidian hired to try and build good publicity for themselves (Google "China's 50-cent army"). So many people don't even bother explaining things anymore to genuine newcomers who may be confused about why there's a negative reaction to QI on these forums. It's basically like someone shouting with a megaphone inside a library telling everyone that "hey, this politician is a good guy after all. You should vote for him!" Every month or week. Inside a library. While everyone is busy discussing books. You can see how that would annoy people.

Green Apple, Rumby, Tramsloof and 6 others like this.
  20. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link

I honestly didn't know and thought people we're just hating on QI for translating a story another site was already translating (which happens alot) but from all those links so I can see that theres some real shitty things happening within the community.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.