LCD Omniscient Reader’s Viewpoint

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Lv1 Slime

Lv1 Slime Halfway to Lv2...

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I don't think Sin Wukong is the Regressor's Sponser. If you've ever read Journey to the West, you'll know that Sun Wukong is a but dumb and arrogant, not like a Sage at all. I think you guys already know who he is though, Sun Wukong is also called Sun Goku.

Bad Storm and Paps like this.
  2. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Another cliff...

Who besides me thinks that the marginized group will make a rush for the food?

I'm guessing there's gonna be a slaughter...

Because there is NO way that the MC neglected to purchase life saving or combat skills.

3. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ???wtf???
    sun wukong was never portrayed or described as dumb. instead he was said to be smart and talented.

he was however said to be impulsive many times, which is the inherent trait of a monkey...there is a huge difference between being dumb and impulsive...

and the sage was the title he gave himself, which later was recognized by the heavenly court cus they coudln't do anything to him. they couldn't even kill him and eventually decided to cook him which also failed.

Bad Storm, keklel, Haitaka and 2 others like this.
  4. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    The good ol' stone monkey king rebelled against the heavens cause they have him a title that sounded grandiose but in actuality was just a stable hand which just shows how impulsive he was lol

5. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    many people have studied journey to the west and studied SWK. iirc they said he wanted was to be recognized as he was actually depicted as happy during the time he was fooled. that said, chinese deities have always been portrayed to be proud,arrogant and believe they are above mortals. they also looked down upon SWK and didn't want to recognize him although he smashed their armies to bits. it wasn't just about the title but how they made fun of him/ridiculed him/despised him.

even while accompanying his master, he only whacked evil beings to death and never hurt the innocent but as a monk, you can't beat evil stuff too.

Paps likes this.
  6. keklel

keklel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IIRC the attempt to cook him was also what gave him the special eyes that could "recognize evil".

7. Godgrid

Godgrid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why can't I upload pictures?

8. Godgrid

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm trying to upload fanart that the author received and shared but I can't for some reason. Anyone knows why?

9. Godgrid

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Godgrid

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah and for whether if Sun Wukong is the protag's Sponser or not
    SWK is not his Sponser, in fact,
    No one, not even Kim dokja knows the protag's Sponser. It apparently never came out in the story and is another reason why Dokja wants to read the epilogue of ORV.

11. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I bet some bullshit will happen and MC and big jerk will skip several scenario later. just like tower of god skip several floor.

Bad Storm and Paps like this.
  12. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    And of course the scenario is run by sadists.

AGAIN I'm reminded of Reincarnator. Hungry Man's Food Jar! All stored food disappears!

Is this a Reincarnator clone?!

Bad Storm and keklel like this.
  13. keklel

keklel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly think so too. The similarities are too much for it to be a coincidence. First getting swallowed by a giant sea monster, then all the stored food disappearing.

Which novel came out first in Korea, this one or Reincarnator? Are they both ripping off some previous novel that came out? Or are these just pop cultural references to some video game or what?

Also, now I remember, the fucking pouch. Reincarnator made such a big fuss about the fucking hungry man's food jar and it was never even mentioned again (unlike the vampire's ring and other items). That shit was dumb.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  14. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link

Urn...no.

It's implied that Hansoo kept using the pouch to store his food. Those long quests where he was swallowed by monsters, or he was hunting.

Also, it explicitly mentions he kept the materials for his boat in the pouch, because most of the materials, or all of it was defined as "food", implying they could be eaten. Hansoo exploited the fact that the items needed for the boat could be eaten to store them in his version of inter dimensional storage.

15. keklel

keklel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure it said it only stored as much stuff as he could eat? So how do you store all materials needed for a boat in your stomach?

16. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    He got 5 times in storage space the amount he ate in the quest. And he ate a LOT. The materials needed for the boat, like the hearts of monsters are technically food. So the items can be stored in the bag.

Yep, it was an author's asspull. But at least there was SOME justification.

17. Alvastar

Alvastar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A lot of building materials, armor, and weapons could be classified as food under the proper circumstances. Also, there's a technology that breaks down wood to make it edible for the human digestive system. So, it's actually a pretty clever add-on the author left the MC. Most people would never think of abusing it (or even had the fortitude to carry it out if they did), and even the MC and other end-game people didn't really. The MC is just using knowledge that everyone pooled together to think of how to exploit while they were at their end-of-days.

userunfriendly likes this.
  18. Alvastar

Reading List:
    Link
    What about Soverign of Judgment? There's quite a few similarities as well.

19. Alvastar

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not certain about this. It wouldn't surprise me, but I doubt it will happen. The Protagonist was already in the 3rd scenario when the MC left the creature's stomach. In the last chapter, it stated that that tunnel was the exit of the 2nd scenario and the Protagonist had already gone there.

There's not really a reason to "skip" if the scenarios aren't time-based. They go on each person's pace. Also, skipping just leaves you at a disadvantage to those who didn't, since you'd be lacking coins and potential prizes.

So, if the MC and Protagonist do anything, it'd be to just beat everyone to the next scenario and claim whatever goodies they want to monopolize. That's what the MC implied the Protagonist started doing in the 3rd regression, anyway.

Volublekoala965 and Bad Storm like this.
  20. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Now I'm reminded of Hansoo boiling monster meat in goblin blood...

I'd bet that to make monster meat edible, you have to do something like that. Fortunately for these guys, the MC has an obnoxiously detailed guide to how to do that.

I'm hoping soon that we find out the MC's current skills and attributes...

Fortunately many KR authors are obsessed with this. (partially explained by the Korean/Japanese obsession with baseball stats)

I am now COMPLETELY absorbed by this novel. :p

Bad Storm likes this.