Discussion BTTH Romance

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by birdboy01, Jul 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. birdboy01

birdboy01 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just finished doing a speed run of Battle Through The Heavens... and I'm pretty pissed when it comes to the romance. Yun Yun was the most interesting heroine in the novel, and the interactions with the MC was great in my opinion. So I was peeved about her getting the shallow open-ending treatment in the last chapter. For fuck sakes the snake bitch got married, and that's only because she got raped and had a kid. #ForcedRomance

Seriously though BTTH is straight dumpster juice because it always the interesting characters getting the short stick.
    (My own list of preference)
    1. Yun Yun
    2. Ya Fei
    3. Xiao Yi Xian
    4. Xun er
    5. Cai Lin (snake bitch)

2. DontLookDown

DontLookDown One with the bed

Reading List:
    Link
    ...is this a complaint? I mean, sure.

I've always found that the romance in the novels written by this guy is a bit dull. Wu Dong Qian Kun had the best romance, and even that was only on par with some other works. I read these stories for the Xianxia feel instead of romance but ._.

Solracmar and Sunsaegnim like this.
  3. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped reading this a few hundred chapters in. Which one was Yun Yun?

4. Eolan

Eolan Totally serious poster

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, the romance was pretty shitty. I also liked Yun Yun at the start, not only was she technically his first love interest, but I also thought they would get together since there was an extremely similar plotline/character in Against the Gods (little fairy).
    There are few writers that actually integrate romance right in these type of novels. If you want to read a Xuanhuan with romance that isn´t get the girl, beat off her competitors and then let her dissapear slowly by focusing on the endless cultivation arcs, try out the way of choices -if you haven´t read it already - or Martial Arts Master (xuanhuan set on modern times).

Atl92 likes this.
  5. mukkaar

mukkaar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, Xianxia most (kind of an understatement) of the time has "romance" not romance :D Aka collecting girls or having a girl as a goal. After the female character has been captured or surpassed she becomes boring background.

I Eat Monsanto likes this.
  6. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    Its a harem. There isn't going to be any meaningful romance.

otaku31 and oKrBn like this.
  7. Solracmar

Solracmar Zzzzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i still didn't read but the 3rd novel by the author has characters from btth and wdq.
    If someone read can you spoiler if this open end is solved?

8. oKrBn

oKrBn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you expect from a harem, nothing romantic about it just desires to monopolize every beautiful woman

otaku31 likes this.
  9. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    Not completely true, but at least for most of these novels with a harem that stands to reason. Long Live Summons! Started out pretty decent and in fact, if he had just stuck with the original four, it would have been one of the best Chinese harem web novels made. Because it never took itself seriously and at the same time he took the time to actually woo the girls and the girls themselves weren't cock craving whore's meant to be fucked and dumped into the background. They genuinely loved him for the manly pervert he was and the love he showed for his family and loved ones and he genuinely loved them for who they were. But of course, it started to go downhill like every other harem novel when he branched out of the original four, lol.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  10. Zalpha

Zalpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hated how it ended. He got imortality and spent 10 years with his two wives and kids and the left for the heavens never to see them again. So lame, and what an asshole.

redplatform_ and Jellyfish 00 like this.
  11. Atl92

Atl92 [God] [Devil] [Hero] [Monster]

Reading List:
    Link
    In TGR, it's mentioned that later on his wives ascend as well.

12. Lil K.O

Lil K.O [Loki]

Reading List:
    Link
    WTF have you been reading
    Wu Dong Qian kuns romance was trash
    It didnt even make sense
    The author just completely forgot about the love interest and added a tsundere love interest who barely got any screem time

13. Darkwood

Darkwood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She was the only proper love interest anyway, if you don’t count the little sister who got even less screen time...

14. Odyssey

Odyssey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the bitch that broke the engagement teacher, the mc and her meet each other in the mountains/woods with each using a false name

15. Odyssey

Odyssey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    and then she had to lie and go die to top it off........his true otp was his sister

16. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, so he only marries two of them? Which are his childhood friend (who was his servant/subordinate with hidden identity) & medusa? Am I understanding this right?
    Honestly, I feel bad for few them.... because in the manga, the route is set for a one-sided relationship with the childhood friend.

17. yorozuyaginchan

yorozuyaginchan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The one he meets fighting the Lion with the Beast Flame. They both use false names and he meets her again when he gets the first Essence Flame and later finds out she's the Sect Leader of the Yun Lan Sect.

18. birdboy01

birdboy01 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    she was the sect leader of yun lan sect. the same sect his fiancee was from, so he went there and fucked shit up

19. redplatform_

redplatform_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He clearly marries those two, but it's implied he married or otherwise got with all the other women in his life since he went out of his way to visit them and pick them up. That would be the auction house lady and the poison lady. I don't think dragon empress is included as she's more of a little sister to him.

20. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What about the nee-san, the elder sister that was Yun's master? Don't tell me she will be alone forever? Was she forgotten?