Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. cici

cici Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She was born after his dad raping her mum. However since his dad was much superior than her mom's husband, and the husband was so loyal to the Jin Sect, the woman didn't even dare to say a word to her husband. Then years later the brother and the sister fell in love without knowing this. Jin Guangshan, who always do these kind of evil things, forgot about it entirely and agreed with this marriage. The husband who knew nothing also agreed... The poor woman was too scare to tell the truth to the public (well in that time I can imagine it's such a shame to tell others you get raped, even though we now know that's not the woman's fault), and all she could do was to tell JGY himself. However, JGY still chose to marry his sister (because it was already close to the wedding date, and if he asked for a cancellation, this would affect his career badly).

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    Fiorisi, yingoh99, Aeli and 1 other person like this.
  2. xBubblex

xBubblex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep! she is his half sister .... thanks to his father amazing bed-skill which he can lay his eggs everywhere. (JZX, JGY, MXY & JGY's wife - they basically are half bro & sis). JGY only knew that his wife is actually his half sister one day before their marriage ... and their son was there before they knew the truth.

Aeli likes this.
  3. K.san

K.san take me back to 2017

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like WWX kills because he HAS to... no matter the Wen Sect's people who are "in the wrong" or the cultivators who tried to kill him first. What I think is different is that NHS and JGY are more to the lawful evil/chaotic evil side, while WWX is considered chaotic good?

(I'm actually kinda interested in the character allignments of the characters here. LWJ the super lawful good and XY the chaotic evil XD)

xBubblex, Fiorisi, joktzer and 2 others like this.
  4. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally find NHS's manipulations to be 1) smoother and 2) more "benevolent" than Jin GuangYao!

What ultimately prevents me from sympathizing with JGY is that everything JGY did, he did for himself. Sure, he had some great ideas, he secured peace in the cultivation world, he was a warm and friendly face to everyone. But have you forgotten how many legitimately innocent people died for him to climb to the top?
    (It reminds me of a certain utterly corrupt drug company who started an addiction epidemic in America. Then after they made absurd profits off people's suffering, the executives gave some of that money to charity. You really think that can wipe away all the harm they have caused?!)

JGY also chose the most murderous ways possible at every turn, until he ended up in an endless spiral of "kill one person, then kill a second person to cover up the first murder, then kill a third person to cover up the second, etc. etc. etc."

In contrast, NHS's manipulation style borrows other people's knives--he traps Jin GuangYao using JGY's own misdeeds, and helps JGY's victims achieve justice. His manipulation style aims to secure "the best result for both the manipulator and manipulated". His goal is to make it so the manipulated party is grateful for this invisible hand of assistance.

NHS's machinations brought out the worst of JGY and knowingly sent the baby cultivator disciples into danger, sure. But he never forced JGY, WWX, LWJ, the baby disciples, or any other person into doing a single thing. If the baby disciples had been killed, it would be silly to say it was NHS's fault when JGY and his followers were clearly the actual murderers.

EDIT: Thinking over it carefully, probably the worst crime you could accuse NHS of committing would be releasing the ghost hand into Mo Village, since that really did take the lives of bystanders. Still, compare that to JGY having climbed to the top on a mountain of skulls...

Basically, if JGY wasn't a murderous psychopath, NHS would not have targeted him. NHS's manipulation style is useless against a genuinely righteous person (Ex: NHS wouldn't be able to do shit if he was trying to take down an enemy similar to Nie MingJue). And if it hadn't been for NHS, JGY would have gotten away scot-free.

And let's be honest, in the very end, JGY did not have an ounce of regret or remorse. I pity his love for his mother and LXC, as well as his backstory when he struggled to be recognized in the Jin clan, but overall I feel more sorry even for Xue Yang than him.

(As murderous as Xue Yang was, he actually shows signs of guilt over what he did to XXC. A very twisted and warped version of guilt since he doesn't seem to understand what he's feeling, sure, but still guilt. I don't think JGY ever felt guilty over a single thing. When LXC stabs him, JGY feels extremely wronged: like come on bruh, just because you never directly harmed LXC doesn't mean he will automatically forgive every single crime you committed against other people.)

----------------------------------------

Still, NHS definitely became more like JGY than his older brother for sure :(

In the extras, it's implied that NHS is still moving up and securing more power/respect for the Nie sect. I would bet money on Nie HuaiSang being the next chief cultivator: LXC is devastated and LWJ eloped, Jiang Cheng's personality is unsuitable, the Jin sect is desperately reconstructing.

We don't know if NHS will reveal himself to be similarly overambitious and power-hungry, but based off his actions so far, I hope he will be less murderous than JGY haha.
    I think even if he ran into a zealously righteous opponent similar to Nie MingJue, he wouldn't have the same problem as JGY. NHS would be able to claim his own righteousness, apologize and promise not to do anything shady again, make friends with that person, and, you know... not kill them. Wow, such a hard thing to do.

5. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just for your information...
    Wei WuXian theorizes at the end that NHS's Plan A was for the baby disciples to get attacked by the corpse body parts (first in Mo Village, then in Yi City). Either LWJ would be able to save them, or the baby disciples would die. Either way, LWJ would start investigating into the body parts. If the disciples did die, the various cultivation sects would be outraged and also start moving.

WWX suspects that as a Plan B, NHS persuaded Mo XuanYu to go through with the Body-Offering Ritual, mostly as a back-up/accessory to Plan A. Then when NHS encountered LWJ and WWX again at Xinglu Ridge, he pretended not to recognize MXY as a test to see if the Body-Offering was successful. (NHS was probably surprised that WWX actually was summoned given the low probability of it happening.)

Thankfully, Plan B worked out, WWX and LWJ worked together to save the disciples, and everything turned out for the best.

However, NHS's manipulations are never properly confirmed, since he left behind no evidence and denied all of WWX's theories. NHS denied knowing MXY at all (he cites that LXC also did not recognize MXY).

6. Aeli

Aeli Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If they had the child already then cancelling the wedding wouldn't be good too, not only because of his position and prestige... Terrible situation : <

Hmmm... Yup, WWX as chaotic good is great! LWJ was super lawful good but I'm not sure if he did not drift a little into chaotic good area too, starting from the time before WWX's death.

Ok! There are some characters that I don't have a opinion on, or I feel that I don't know them enough to put them into any category. The rest is based on a simple hunch and D&D characteristics ; D Please don't be angry at this humble cat :blobpeek:

LXC - lawful good or neutral good (depends on how fanatically lawful is "lawful" : P )
    LSZ and LJY - same as above
    LQR - lawful neutral...

NMJ - definitely lawful good but the type that I rather dislike (paladin, brrr)
    NHS - ... ... ... probably lawful evil? But maybe there should be a hint of chaotic good, too. I'm not sure if he wants "good" but "justice/deserved revenge" for sure so he's probably not chaotic evil. But he decided to do evil things.

JC - I have a hard time with him XD Lawful neutral or chaotic neutral probably.... More like lawful. He tries to destroy what is "evil" but don't really do much good?
    JL - this one is hard too. Just after his first appearance in the novel I could have put him into "lawful evil" category XD But no... He's probably a little chaotic good, just very tsundere?

JGY - lawful evil
    JGS - lawful evil
    JZX - lawful neutral with a hint of lawful good

XXC - neutral good? He's more about people than hierarchy i think.
    SL - he should be neutral good or lawful good, definitely more strict!
    AQ - chaotic neutral while alive but more like chaotic good after death?
    XY - chaotic evil or maybe neutral evil, because the things he'd done have a reason behind them (most of them).

I might be wrong about them :sweating_profusely:

Fiorisi, K.san, xBubblex and 2 others like this.
  7. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    zzz the audio drama people spammed my channel with comments about piracy, even though I literally only have the subtitles without any audio.

lazynoodles likes this.
  8. Aeli

Aeli Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Attica - Ok, you definitely know a lot more than me so many thanks for giving this insight! : D For sure that chapters goes more in-depth than simply spoilers, so I'll be waiting to know more and then maybe reorganize my standing. At the moment I can easily and sincerely agree with a lot of your points (although not with all of them) but the only thing that I can't accept is:
    No, people can't lure other people into the monster's lair and then say "it's only the monster's fault that they died". They were not forced, but were definitely lured! And this statement has nothing to do with the specific characters - it would stay the same for all of them.

Ugh, did they at least try to check what are you doing? - I mean, only subtitles, it should be ok : ( It's sad and frustrating. Stay warm...

xBubblex and OceanMagix like this.
  9. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for reminding me about the unlisted/private video difference! I corrected that.

They posted all the comments on the videos without audio though, so I don't think that's it. Unless the actual existence of the subs violates the copyright?

xBubblex likes this.
  10. yingoh99

yingoh99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol yeah our judgement in men are def. messed up HAHAHA,, but i don't go as far as finding his plan adorbs tho lololololol it's just that his motives in executing his schemes is so justified (revenge for his betrayed brother) than JGY. It's just sad remembering that in the end he didn't resolve his issue with NMJ. NHS backstory for me just got me in the heart, the trauma he got when he initially believed that his big bro is gonna live long and protect him and the sect. But damn his schemes, i got shooked!! We got attached to the kiddos disciples i think that's why we somehow felt wrong when we knew NHS involve them in his evil plan.. AH IDK ANYMORE IDK WHO'S THE REAL EVIL IN THIS NOVEL OMG HAHHAHA everyone have their own awesome backstory... when will i have one like that too so people can love me lololol #jk

yep. no proof/evidence, he's indeed a scary genius guy.

xBubblex and Aeli like this.
  11. yingoh99

Reading List:
    Link
    oh wow i didn't know JGY wife is his sister..:blobfearful: so then are their child the result of incest..?

xBubblex likes this.
  12. yingoh99

Reading List:
    Link
    Amazing summary!!! :blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blobparty:
    Well i think all of this is because of Jin GuangShao, don't spread your seed everywhere and then leave them like that. But then again would JGY be content with only acceptance from Jin clan? Or rivalry with Jin Ling's dad? (i forgot his name). Probably NHS won't be as murderous as JGY, he only did them for the revenge of his brother, which is finally finalized so his purpose will be just living peacefully?
    I wonder what happen to LXC in the end... i hope he find peace :cry:

xBubblex likes this.
  13. yingoh99

Reading List:
    Link
    if it's subs without audio meaning only caption, i don't think it violates any copyright, or so what i read on multiple youtube rules

14. miximmaxim

miximmaxim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't mind them
    They are probably just teenagers that just know about copyright and feeling great about acting like a moral police

15. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, with Leilyue's help and Rurella's proofreading, I managed to finish the 10th episode of the audio drama! Audio will only be up for a short period of time, especially with all the copyright worries.

Starting next week, my schedule will be absolutely packed since school's starting, so the release schedule will probably slow down significantly.

K.san, MikotoP, RyDinasty and 16 others like this.
  16. yingoh99

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!!!!! Good luck on your school!

17. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    I find it really frustrating that fans outside don't have a solid system that is legal and easily accessed when it comes to sharing contents such as this. I would totally buy the GDC Novel and throw all of my money at my nearest bookshop, in fact, I'd even buy two copies of the book if there were an actual English licenced translations for it. The same can be said for the Drama CD, and the donghua, if there was a website or something which they could create for fans outside of China or Japan or Korea, for us that can't speak or read Chinese, Japanese or Korean would be really awesome cuz then we have a means to legally access and support the people doing all the work into creating this. No more piracy! But, reality sucks, it's not widely available nor is there any system or website, that I'm aware of at least, that can help foreigners with this stuff. Other people may also, after all these years, prefer getting all of those for free. Not to mention that not every country has these sort of stuff available for them, I'm lucky enough that there's one bookshop available where I'm living that sells manga and a dvd store that sells anime series \(T^T)/

adina, xBubblex, Aeli and 2 others like this.
  18. Cemlemine

Cemlemine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for your hard work the sub is perfect (y)
    Godd luck with school.

19. Rufi-sidd

Rufi-sidd When the wolves come out to play!

Reading List:
    Link
    images (2).jpeg images (1).jpeg
    Let's just hope the xuanwu of slaughter doesn't look like this in the donghua lol otherwise I'll be sad when Wei ying and lan zhan will kill it

xBubblex, Acsis, yingoh99 and 3 others like this.
  20. Rufi-sidd

Rufi-sidd When the wolves come out to play!

Reading List:
    Link
    RyDinasty, xBubblex, Cypress and 2 others like this.