Discussion Shura's Wraith: Who else hates that trash af MC?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Delirious, Aug 1, 2018.

?

Who hates this mc?

1. Yes

43 vote(s)
    79.6%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    20.4%
  1. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes this is a rant and I'm surprised I'm even this pissed off to even make a post about it.

Soooo, for any of you have read up to the ending (or at least when he goes Shura) and seen how exactly this author has turned Ling Chen into literally one of the scumiest and most disgusting characters (for an mc) that I, in my 5+ years of being involved in this culture has seen, how do you feel about it?

Obviously there are worse mc's out there, most are centered around being specially evil, or an ero novel of sorts. Because that's the whole point of them so it's not surprising, right?

But it's the first time I have ever seen a character go so far past his bottom line after so long of having a (barely) grey moral compass and just jumped off the deep end to the point that it's honestly insulting.

Even Guts with alllll that shit that happened to him, has at least managed to stay sane despite being mentally crippled.

Yet this mofo who the author keeps boasting as being awesome and badass and having the mental strength to retain his sanity, keels over like a bitch in front of "temptations" as in
    raping girls for the hell of it and forcing girls to do shit even when it's supposed to be a woman he "cares" about
    and don't try and say it's because he went Shura and their supposed to be evil and filled with nothing but the desire to kill. I just pointed out how his mental ability is "supposed" to be in complete control. So even his temperament shouldn't have changed that much. But, guess what, it did.

This wouldn't bother me so much if it wasn't for the fact that in the previous 750+ chapters, he at least used his abilities, and the fact women are pretty dumb in his novels, etc to woo women. Mars Gravity has always been a perverted alpha mc (not even really alpha but a desperate perverted asshole) creator.

Tl;dr: Author turned Ling Chen into a completely pathetic and trashy mc. For those of you who read it until ( or at least close) the end, do you agree?

PS: Yes, there only two choices because it's a simple question and either you hate him or you don't.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    Disgusting likes this.
  2. Megatron

Megatron Decepticon

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I dislike the mc. Dropped the novel because of the weird incest shit. Mars is a closet incest pedo. I avoid his novels now lmao

Disgusting and Delirious like this.
  3. one eye

one eye Aspire to became NEET

Reading List:
    Link
    Its fiction dude, up to the author imagination. :blobokhand:

4. RedvsBlack

RedvsBlack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped the novel probably around a year ago or whenever he went to the japanese server because I could see it going that way.

Delirious likes this.
  5. Delirious

Reading List:
    Link
    Um, dude, I read the fiction. What's your point? Ya, If I wrote a novel set exactly in terms of our reality and said a volcano shot out gold lava, it's not fair for someone to call me out on it?

6. XNecro

XNecro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped there too, I think he enslaved a woman and made her a pet, or something along these lines, don't remember very well.

djsosonut likes this.
  7. Mantrazz

Mantrazz The Lord Upgrade D Biggest Baddest Spammer Around

Reading List:
    Link
    I've not read an actual xianxia since desolate era or is it wuxia? Must CN novels are just repititive, if you've seen one you've seen them all

8. KnightN00

KnightN00 A single dog cultivator of LNMTL sect

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped around months ago. At some point, i just feel like to drop it.

9. 222222

222222 12121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212

Reading List:
    Link
    If you read Shura Wrath, you can probably guess what will happen in Mar's other novel, Online Game: Evil Dragon Against The Heaven. Nearly a carbon copy.

flag9801 likes this.
  10. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw the sign around the 300's, so I jumped off early.

Delirious likes this.
  11. LuminaDawn

LuminaDawn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stopped reading Mar's novels after the dude keeps pushing for his super pedo, incest weird shit. Like the man has an obsession with lolis and always have them be #1.

12. Grenore

Grenore 《Member》

Reading List:
    Link
    In short just be on each of our way. If you hate it, then drop it, if not then read it; if neither then just be a motionless puppet.
    No need to make a fuss.
    Just being honest, why would someone read it until the end if they hate it.
    Even I hated it, but still ended up finishing the whole thing.

PS: ranting feels better when releasing some anger like emotion on it, else its just mmeehh.

gary0044187 likes this.
  13. Wiger98

Wiger98 Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean he kinda hit like shit (ling chen) when Ruoruo died (cant remember name anymore not really reading that anymore

14. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    mental strength and personality(or rather personality changes) have nothing to do with each other though.

That said, i didnt mind any of the pervert stuff MG writes about. Incest and all that, hell, im always voting for the incest route anyway. Pedo? Fuck man, you're looking at a tried and true lolicon here.

But i draw the line at straight up raping chicks. Thing is though you gotta understand...its not the MC's fault. I get that you arent supposed to talk about the man behind the scenes, supposed to immerse yourself into the story and treat it as if it were real....but there's a point where you have to say, "thats just some author fuckery shit right there"

Dont blame that bro for the assholery of the author, dude.

15. Stealth

Stealth Elegant Lady

Reading List:
    Link
    my only question to this novel
    did he dead even for once?

16. Delirious

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't that what I did tho? I straight up said
    "and seen how exactly this author has turned Ling Chen" or "Tl;dr: Author turned Ling Chen into a completely pathetic and trashy mc."

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  17. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest i usually skin comments these days, didn't catch that part. But yeah. I dont think he gets better either. Some asshat made a whole thread ranting about the end of the novel. Didnt say which novel but we all knew what he was talking about and if you dont wanna be frustrated i suggest you stop while you're ahead. Cuz i gotta say he treats the best girl like shit and dont question anything.

18. birdboy01

birdboy01 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped the novel in the 800+. Which is funny cause it's around 850 in total, the MC is completely non-nonsensical. It was said he highly intelligent and a bunch of other praises sung about him but he constantly did dumb shit and had poor judgement and analytical ability. He is so quick to die for one person while neglecting everyone else he has to live for. Another one is him failing to see through Yue, like come the fuck dude, YOU KNEW she was bad news and you still was surprised?

19. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it was shit so I dropped it, why would I be mad at the MC or hate the MC? It's clearly the author's rape fantasies.

Disgusting likes this.
  20. Houye

Houye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dropped the novel at around chapter 150-170. One of the decisions I don't regret taking....I never regret dropping trash to begin with.

gary0044187 likes this.