Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Liolio

Liolio Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it would be amazing if one day the author make an extra chapter with everything from LWJ's POV.

2. Rufi-sidd

Rufi-sidd When the wolves come out to play!

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol yup also can't wait for a cute looking fairy

Cemlemine and Aeli like this.
  3. Scalysharc

Scalysharc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh my god :blobjoy::blobjoy: I personally imagine the Xuanwu's head will be like common snapping turtle, or like spinny turtle

xBubblex likes this.
  4. xBubblex

xBubblex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WOW!! so fast ^^ thank you so much :aww: ... do your best at school.

Hahaha .... I hope it will not turn out that kind of look :blobjoy:

OMG ....help! I can't ... I am literally dying here :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: fan's imagination is really running wild XD

Woah!! thank you so much ... finally got to know its meaning :aww:

Hahahaha .... thanks a lot^^ I am still dying over this vid ... though I have watched it before:blobrofl:
    Not sure if you have checked out this youtuber - Sally Warwick .... she has done a lot of eng sub of GDC's fanmades & songs.

readerz, Rurella and Cemlemine like this.
  5. SmallTimes

SmallTimes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WWX: Tch, this demon is so hard to deal with!
    JC: Wei WuXian!
    WWX: Jiang Cheng! hehe~
    (Cheng Cheng~, Xian Xian~) (They're basically repeating the last syllable of each other's name; it's sort of a endearing gesture in VN)
    LWJ: Hmph.
    LXC: Hm? Looks like WangJi have something to say?
    LXC: Oh? A beautiful painting of Adam.
    JGY: Huh? Isn't this the movie E.T?
    WWX: Don't just stand there and look, hurry up and save me!

6. Cemlemine

Cemlemine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks a lot
    Quite funny

readerz likes this.
  7. Liolio

Liolio Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I might have missed it... but I can't find the list of "handsome faces"
    I know WWX is #4, what about LWJ and Jiang Cheng?

readerz and xBubblex like this.
  8. Vin313

Vin313 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it about the gentleman thing? If so,first is LXC, Lan Zhan is Second, JZX is third and JC is fifth

xBubblex and Liolio like this.
  9. Scalysharc

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw this Season 1 will be about all the flashback, right? I wonder if the donghua will show the blinfolded kiss scene or not :cookie:

lazynoodles and xBubblex like this.
  10. Rufi-sidd

Rufi-sidd When the wolves come out to play!

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol thank you so much!!! :aww::blobhug:

11. yumekuran

yumekuran Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree to everything you said. I've read the MTL version of this novel several times and JGY reminds me of a psychopath. No remorse for his deeds, thinks they are all perfectly justified. The way he reacted when everything was revealed was sickening, he still had the guts to act benevolent and act like a victim. In his head, it is always other people's fault or circumstances, never his. He can confess all his deeds and show no guilt and even tragically say to LXC that he hurt many people in his life but has never thought of hurting LXC as though LXC owes him for that, in spite of all the lives he destroyed. I still cannot stomach how he ruthlessly killed NMJ or how he instigated the destruction of WWX and protected XY. He scares me more than NHS because JGY will never be satisfied. As he grows in power, he will continue to destroy anyone standing in his way.

Zhen_Qing, xBubblex, Aeli and 4 others like this.
  12. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    This makes me wonder what would've happened if Jin Ling came of age and was given the sect leader position? Cuz after killing of Jin Zixuan, Jin Ling is the only legitimate child left of the Jin clan but he was still a baby at that time so there was no other option left but to give the position to JGY himself. If that hadn't been the case I wonder if JGY would've killed Jin Ling off too? To stay in his position? That'd be too cruel (T^T) Cheng would've really been left alone in the world

xBubblex, yingoh99 and Acsis like this.
  13. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you--Jin GuangYao reminds of a psychopath modern-day CEO. You know, the type who is never ever satisfied no matter how much wealth and power he amasses. I would bet money that if the events of the novel never happened and Jin Ling grew of age to inherit the Jin sect, JGY would cripple him to remain in power (if not assassinate him, like he did his own son). For one point of comparison... In the climax at the Guanyin Temple, Jin GuangYao orders his men to kill Fairy to avoid the dog alerting others--yep, the dog that he himself gave to Jin Ling. (Luckily Fairy survives.)

At least for Xue Yang, you can say that "oh he doesn't even comprehend the meaning of good". Xue Yang was perfectly satisfied living that peaceful humble life in Yi City with a Daozhang who cared for him. If Xue Yang had met Xiao Xingchen at age 7 instead of Chang Ci'An, there's probably at least a 50:50 chance that XY would have turned out okay. And this is speaking as someone who genuinely thinks what Xue Yang did in canon is absolutely monstrous.

Compare that to Jin GuangYao. JGY gives me the creeps because unlike Xue Yang, he clearly knows how to be a "good person"--after all, he has spent so so so many years pretending to be one! He is very obviously an extremely rational genius with immense emotional intelligence, but he refuses to learn the extremely simple concept of "wow killing people is bad, don't do that."

When he gives his sad backstory, he even acknowledges his own selfishness by saying something like: "I know everything I've done is horrible, and yet I still want people to pity me. I'm that kind of person." He wants people to pity him, because that means it's easier for him to manipulate them.

At least Xue Yang is "honest" about himself being screwed up. He knows he's evil, revels in it, and is in denial that he is anything but evil. So when he shows that speck of potential for goodness, it makes me somewhat pity his ignorance and stupidity.

On the other hand, the falseness of Jin GuangYao's "cute and nice" facade leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I cannot pity him because he clearly knows better. He had the chance (many chances, in fact) to legitimately become the type of person that Lan XiChen could be proud of, but he chose to do things the shady way instead.

EDIT: [Now for Nie HuaiSang... can you come up with another way he could have exposed the truth about JGY’s crimes? NHS was honestly helpless, without strong cultivation or a single other person he could confide in. Lol imagine if he openly confronted JGY or asked LXC for help... no one would believe him, and JGY would have killed him in the blink of an eye. NHS’s manipulation style was the only way he could bring justice down upon JGY.]

-------------------------------------------------------------

On that subject, I feel really sorry for Nie MingJue both in canon and out of it. NMJ is constantly being made fun of as an "always angry overzealous knight templar, who chases JGY around like they're both from a Saturday morning cartoon". Yes, he clearly has problems with anger and stubbornness, especially when dealing with his younger brother. But why exactly is he mad at JGY? Because Jin GuangYao uses murder as a solution to everything!

When I was subbing episode 9 of the audio drama, there was one interaction that truly summed up why I empathize with NMJ. When XXC brings Xue Yang to the Koi Tower to face justice, Jin GuangYao puts on a sad and reasonable face, making excuses for Xue Yang alongside Jin GuangShan. Nie MingJue sees this and of course wants to enforce justice, but Jin GuangYao makes even more excuses such as "Oh Eldest Brother, don't get angry, this is just a small affair that you don't need to worry about."
    Are you kidding me, is the horrible death of 50 people a "small affair"?!!! Nie MingJue hears this and rightfully gets mad, saying "Jin GuangYao, are you covering for a known murderer right in front of me?!" You don't need a saber spirit exacerbating your fury to understand why Nie MingJue gets mad there, just like literally any other righteous person would.

And in the end, NMJ dies with the world thinking he's a stereotype for "being so angry he literally died of anger". No one ever took his suspicion towards JGY seriously, and JGY expertly fakes great sorrow and sadness at his death. No wonder Nie HuaiSang wanted revenge once he found out the truth.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    Zhen_Qing, Rcyan, alexfilia and 14 others like this.
  14. YaoiMom22

YaoiMom22 Madam Lan (XiChen) ... for reasons.

Reading List:
    Link
    My first comment after lurking for a bit is to absolutely AGREE with this. You spelled out my exact thoughts on this situation. I also want to add my thanks for your hard work on the drama translations! They're so wonderful and you all do a great job!

xBubblex, yingoh99 and Acsis like this.
  15. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for your kind words!

In related news, here's the recent audio drama short about the kids acting out the Sunshot Campaign! The translations are a little haphazard, so let me know what could be improved.

16. YaoiMom22

YaoiMom22 Madam Lan (XiChen) ... for reasons.

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooooh! I love that scene. Watching this first thing tomorrow morning and I'll be sure to comment! Thank you :)

17. Ayame.Tendou

Ayame.Tendou Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for summarizing what I have difficulty expressing. This is what I thought. The author wrote characters with more than one layer of depth to them. So, I thought that NMJ was more than just plot convenient and you just explain to me why there was something missing to the characters.

xBubblex and Acsis like this.
  18. Scalysharc

Reading List:
    Link
    Aaaaa thank you for the translation! :blobxd::blobxd:

19. Cemlemine

Cemlemine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for your hard work!!!! :giggle:
    I became your follower on YouTube.
    Your subs are incredible.
    Once again thank you.:aww:

xBubblex likes this.
  20. eternalfloof

eternalfloof Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the donghua really has opened up my eyes. I always pronounced Bichen as "Bitc*in'" :ROFLMAO: only to find out its pronounced something like Bee-khun

xBubblex likes this.