Total war

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Grandpa_World, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Grandpa_World

Grandpa_World Manly Man-Mob Character C-Lovely Hubby of Alexcia

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi guys was just wondering if anyone is playing total war games. Specially I am currently playing total war warhammer. I love to play campaigns with friends.
    I also played the rome series.

2. Just Another Cynic

Just Another Cynic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What about Napoleon? I mean I own both of those. But Napoleon is better (and I swear not just cause I love the time period).

3. Sushi

Sushi Don't Believe Everything You See

Reading List:
    Link
    Just started my empire campaign, quite challenging at legendary difficulty (i reckon its #2 on hardest faction to use behind chaos for me)

Grandpa_World likes this.
  4. Senros

Senros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, I'm currently playing Europa Universalis 4. I was wondering how good the total war games were though. From a few videos I saw from the rome series it looked like a, well, total war game (meaning only about war.) But then I saw it was also kind of like Civ... how much time does one game take? One game/campaign of civ 5 in normal took me 4 hours, on hard it takes me like 10... EU4 takes probably like 20 or more hours... they are games that suck out your time, but they are good.

5. Just Another Cynic

Just Another Cynic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably a bit more towards the latter. Though it depends on the length of the campaign you chose and how you play it of course. My campaigns always take ages because I'm a cautious and boring scardey cat and I always choose domination, but I imagine it can be blitzed if you are stupid good. Also you were right in it being a game that lives up to its name. Most everything is geared around being the most effective war engine. Diplomacy to facilitate war and so on and so forth. Plus the battles are cool.

Senros likes this.
  6. raven

raven What to type?

Reading List:
    Link
    I play shogun 2 though.

7. Nyanko

Nyanko Psychotic Cat Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    Never played the fantasy Total Wars, but the historical ones were pretty good. Well Rome II wasn't, and I didn't play Attilla.
    If they had a Paradox style diplomacy, they'd be even more fun. Looking forward to the Three Kingdoms version coming out next year

8. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    i finished total war rise and fall of the samurai, and total war Napolean....

9. Eruxol

Eruxol Du-sollst――Dies irae

Reading List:
    Link
    Shogun 2 is the best.

10. tinnydevil

tinnydevil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you play Rome 2 on release, or after they released emperor edition? The game feels a lot better than when it was first released, so if you haven't went back and tried it, give it a shot. There are different campaign modes so you don't have to do the main one with it's ridiculously long victory conditions.

11. _Selutu_

_Selutu_ 灭世魔尊

Reading List:
    Link
    The charm of the Total War series is that it matches a decent campaign with great battles, unlike what you get in Civ. As for how long games take... I'm currently on Turn 200+ in a Total War Warhammer 2 campaign, that took me... maybe 2 weeks or so?

Senros likes this.
  12. CyberCypher

CyberCypher Air Breather

Reading List:
    Link
    I have played shogun 2, the first warhammer fanatasy , Rome 2 and Attila. But the only ones I completed in terms of campaign was rome 2 and total war attila

13. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Have played Rome , Rome II, Empire, Shogun and Warhammer Total war games, different amounts for each game. Also has Attila and the Shogun DLC i think, but not played yet.

Rome was pretty favored to the 3 roman factions.
    Rome II had more freedom in that, and the navy system was different.
    Empire, I did play a decent game of the... Hindu Indian faction for some time.
    Shogun, I did complete an easy Hojo campaign.
    Warhammer, I did take over a pretty large part with the Dwarf Campaign.

Basically, I played for some time and then changed game or forgot to just continue.
    Although i've also played a decent amount of EU4 and CK2.

14. valzione

valzione Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Used to play Shogun 2 and Rome 1 and 2, liked Rome 1 the most though since you don't need a fucking pack of heaviest cavalry in game to mow down some shitty slingers.

15. Macrendil Ysmir

Macrendil Ysmir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I always get stuck during mid-game to end-game. I thoroughly enjoy quick expansion, financial growth and my full stacks crashing down on less-prepared armies. But because during mid-game it all equalizes out somewhat, it loses the Blitz I enjoy most. Warhammer? Rush to monsters or elite infantry, steamroll everything for 20 turns, lose 1 battle and I don't care for the campaign anymore.

Why did I have to lose my Fluffy! He did nothing wrong! He was just playing fetch with your brother's legs!

16. Glint

Glint 『Waifu』

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to have everything.....then Steam fucked up and lost my account to "hackers." :mad::(:cry: Anyways, when Total War: Warhammer gets a discount, i'll go buy it.

Grandpa_World likes this.
  17. lichdeath

lichdeath undead meatbun ^^

Reading List:
    Link
    got warhammer and empire but aint playing them rn

18. Klied

Klied Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Only bought Shogun 2 so that i can play as a medieval Japanese daimyo and Empire for it's Line Infantry combat play style. Probably gonna get Medieval 2 if it went on sale.

19. GrimReeFer

GrimReeFer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the Seleucid empire was the best faction :)

20. awake1122

awake1122 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still a newb who has yet to beat a total war campaign. Granted the total war game I mostly play is Shogun 2 and partway through the rest of japan declares war on me and I lose my trade economy.