LCD Omniscient Reader’s Viewpoint

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Jul 4, 2018.

1. keklel

keklel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. MC's group is probably the only one that didn't survive by killing people. So when he said "how did you know that killing people gives you their coins" it's a bit weird since everyone else would have known that.

Paps and Lv1 Slime like this.
  2. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Not quite...the implication is that killing people, OUTSIDE OF A SCENARIO gives you coins...looting them in essence.

Like collecting runes by killing people.

Thus it is implied that the factions haven't been harvesting monsters, but humans for coins.

Volublekoala965, Paps and Bad Storm like this.
  3. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    The first scenario coins mostly came from fulfilling the the quest conditions so it's not quite the same as killing people and earning coins from it. So yeah, the 2nd scenario coins that the gang earned are more from looting than quest rewards, that's why mc was able to use it as a logical counter-statement.

Paps likes this.
  4. doroppu

doroppu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People didn't have coins yet in the first scenario

5. Lv1 Slime

Lv1 Slime Halfway to Lv2...

Reading List:
    Link
    They received Coins when they killed living things and cleared the Scenario

keklel and Bad Storm like this.
  6. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he was talking about after everyone survived the first scenario. There was a coin reward there. IIRC, it was about 100 coins and some bonus depending on how many they have killed

7. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    If they're alive, then they killed a human being...value of a human being 100 coins.

Except the MC's group.

Of course the regressors killed a lot more...to gain the necessary beginning advantage.

Only the MC exploited the language to get a massive jackpot without killing humans.

It's interesting that the regressors are painted as being ruthless enough to kill everyone else in their subway car, merely to gain a running start.

The author's implication of multiple regressions makes you a sociopath is very insightful.

Paps and Bad Storm like this.
  8. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there will always be that someone that will kill more than others for massive advantages out there other than our Regressor. What do you think?

9. Lv1 Slime

Lv1 Slime Halfway to Lv2...

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe Kim Namwoon would do something like that if he lived?

Bad Storm likes this.
  10. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    That's very likely imo. I mean, just on that carriage it was obvious that he don't think much of killing others if necessary. And necessary is a very fine line.

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  11. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed, but how would they know?

The protagonist knew killing more than 1 will reward more...so he butchered everyone in the subway car. It's implied this skill came from a previous run.

Only if someone accidentally killed more than one person, would they know killing more than one person gets you extra coins.

If, and only if, a psychopath with a weapon, like a gun, accidentally killed more than one person, and he had the presence of mind to realize that the world had changed (so he won't be arrested) could we imagine another massacre.

[Main Scenario #1 – Proof of Value]

Category: Main

Difficulty: F

Clear Conditions: Kill one or more living things.

Time Limit: 30 minutes

Compensation: 300 coins

Failure: Death

There's no mention of additional rewards. Thus, only regressors, prophets and the MC could take advantage. At the cost of becoming a mass murderer.

Only the MC had the presence of mind to avoid the trap. And the luck.

Bad Storm likes this.
  12. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there might be a lot of things that could be done within that 30 mins. And there are people that do things they never even imagined that they would do for survival.

For some reasons, I'm thinking that a trigger happy guy might discover this multiple killing bonus... (my faith in humanity is lower than I thought :blobpats: )

13. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Quite possible...indeed could happen.

But there's all the difference between guessing that this will benefit you, and KNOWING it will.

Yes, someone could pull out a gun, and after killing two people, go on a killing spree.

But the MC, regressors and prophets would have prepared skills, prepared their resolve, and try to get into an advantageous spot to start the massacre.

Trigger happy guy gets pulled down as he runs out of ammo by the others in the subway car. Or not...

What I'm saying is...

MC, regressors and prophets: minimum 600 coins. Maximum 24000 (40 people)

Trigger happy psychopaths who happened to be carrying a gun or knife: 600 to 1200 coins

Lucky trigger happy psychopaths: 1200 to 2400 coins

Survivor: 300 coins.

Bad Storm likes this.
  14. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Agree. I think I focused more on the possibility that it will happen rather than how much benefit they might get. And thus some people would have more coins than necessary to survive without killing on the second scenario.

I think I'll conclude my two cents here. It was a nice talk~

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  15. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    ;)

Also, think about this...

Some people will have more coins after the first scenario...but how many will spend wisely? Or pick a good sponsor?

Information is everything...luck won't get you far.

Bad Storm likes this.
  16. viprei

viprei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    was it mentioned already and i forgot it or it seems like the dokkaebis (and even the constellations) don't know about the people who regressed, etc?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  17. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think I saw anything about that either...

18. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    How would they? Only the regressors know about the regression they've made...once they go back, everyone's memory is reset.

MC knows because the novel covers the trips to the past.

Interesting thing...

The MC has NO way of knowing if a regressors knows all about him...

If he interacted with a regressors, and the regressor goes back into the past because he's killed, he would know the MC's secret, and the MC could only infer that based on his second interactions with that regressor..

I've got a headache.:p

Volublekoala965 likes this.
  19. keklel

keklel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But the scenario doesn't say "kill exactly one person", it says "kill at least one person". Any reasonable person would infer that there may be additional rewards from killing more people, and if you've already crossed the mental barrier to kill one person, there's nothing stopping you from killing more.

One psychopath with a gun is the rare scenario. Much more likely is a gang of young men beating up a defenseless person. And if they've already decided to kill people, what's to stop them from killing more? They might decide to kill one more person to see if they can gain additional rewards. It doesn't have to be an accident.

Disparities in physical power are common. One group of people will typically become dominant and everyone else will know better than to provoke them. In this case if they decide to kill some random person, nobody will stop them. Your only argument would be "they wouldn't kill people for no reason", but that's only in a normal situation. In this situation, murder is normalized, so there's no mental barrier against killing more people to see if there are more rewards.

Bad Storm and userunfriendly like this.
  20. FHandsome

FHandsome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is 'Ways of Destruction'? I think I skipped this lol