Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry didn't mean to break any hearts (T^T) But this has been boiling inside me for a while
    Nah Wangji didn't get angry since he had already fully accepted that his feelings would never be returned by Wei its why when Wei made his confession Wangji was shocked to the core and even cried after fully processing that Wei indeed returned his love

Sauling, setsuna3025, thecrud and 8 others like this.
  2. Randomizer

Randomizer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well to be fair LXC did speak up for the Wen survivors, and JC wouldn't tell the truth behind his debt to the Wen siblings so LXC couldn't really do much more. Also it seems the Lan clan has traditionally been aloof/neutral from cultivation society politics/matters, if anything it focuses more on protecting the common folk (rather fitting that WWX ends up there!). So LXC may have thought to just let JC deal with the matter since at the time WWX was still in the Jiang clan. Then after the separation things were mostly peaceful until JZX's death, after which things quickly spiraled out of control.

Would WWX have told the truth about how the Wen siblings saved them though? Even leaving out the golden core issue, I think WWX realized that JC couldn't bear having his debt to the so-called "Wen dogs" be revealed. So he takes on all the burden for doing the right thing himself, sparing JC from any potential trouble... not even revealing the truth 13 years later when JC is ranting at him for 'betraying' the Jiang sect to protect the Wen survivors, as they were with the Lan brothers and Jin Ling... (EDIT: That might not be a 100% example actually, as WWX also seemed a bit fed up and may have wanted to make a clean break... but he did also keep his promise to his martial sister not to tell others that JC was the one who drove him out of the house one night that ended up with his leg broken...)

I've always wondered what exactly LXC's reaction to the XY business was, I don't think it's ever mentioned.

Something else very interesting - during the First Siege of LuanZang JC was the leader and primary force, JGS was the next-largest strength. But Nie and Lan clans' forces were negligible. They were led by NMJ and LQR… strange that these two righteous men didn't seem to put much effort into attacking the oh-so-evil WWX.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    setsuna3025, Rcyan, Zhen_Qing and 7 others like this.
  3. Aria

Aria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I watch the Unenvious of the Spring Breeze you mentioned, got even sadder, I'm tearing up @work #and it's only monday TToTT

semi-OOT: When WWX describe LWJ after being summoned, he said "nothing could help the bitter facial expression that made him look as though his wife had passed away." AAAAA His wife indeed had passed away TT____TT

#my heart #my soul #I can't

4. Aria

Aria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    NO IT'S NOT INTERESTING, IT BROKE MY HEART!!!

*scream to the void*

*cough*

IMO, it made sense. The whole thing was Lanling Jin's scheme to weaken Yunmeng Jiang. They flamed JC to hate WWX (so JC 1st contributor). JGS second because it's their scheme. The other 2 were essentially dragged along.

5. salbireo

salbireo RanWan ❤

Reading List:
    Link
    This is so sad.. i want to cry too.. :blobsob:
    I really want husband like Lan Wangji although it's impossible

6. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    So many innocents were dragged into the matter so I had really expected the GusuLan sect to step up their game and live up to their pride & motto of what the Lan Clan was all about. Very true that XiChen could only do so much, but...I'm not really sure how to pinpoint these disappointing feelings I have welling up inside of me, I guess its because I saw the GusuLan as these perfect righteous ppl and I ended up forgetting that no one is perfect and mistakes and misunderstandings are bound to happen. I find it ironic that the GusuLan who stood for the righteous and the Qinghe Nie sect who fought for justice just ended up joining in killing the very person who tried his best on his own, while mentally shattered, to protect innocent survivors who had nothing to do with the atrocious acts done by the Wen sect.

This is what I love/admire about Wei the most is his ability to easily place ppl he loves & even those he doesn't know but need help above his own life. Wei took all the burden on himself to spare Cheng any more shame & grief, unfortunately taking it all on his own and choosing to not say anything indirectly hurt Cheng in the end. But at the same time, one could argue a "what if" scenario if Cheng just swallowed his pride/anger/ whatever it is that made him stop mentioning the Wen siblings kind acts or maybe just maybe took the time to drag Wei in some remote area where they could seriously talk (but then again this is so out of character for JC :blobsob: UGH! why does he have to inherit his mom's damn genes!!) I'm not sure if its pride Cheng has or its something else entirely? He's such a complicated yet realistic character to analyse but I remember there was a saying "If you can hold onto to your pride/self-esteem then you should be able to discard it."

7. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah reality sucks :blobwoah:
    #gdc feels # my kokoro is brokoro

Vin313 and Acsis like this.
  8. Acsis

Acsis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a big fan of yours especially WWX x LWJ. :D:D:D:X3::X3::X3::aww::aww::aww:

Waterrain likes this.
  9. Yukkie

Yukkie Spoiler please.

Reading List:
    Link
    lol LWJ ear got very red, this time aren't cuz of shying but its over spicy :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Cemlemine, xBubblex, Vin313 and 2 others like this.
  10. salbireo

salbireo RanWan ❤

Reading List:
    Link
    LWJ give 10 points to WWX's cooking

My reaction : power of love is amazing, isn't it? :blobsweat_2:

LWJ, you're spoiling your wife too much:blob_grin:

Cemlemine, xBubblex, ktonton and 8 others like this.
  11. Yukkie

Yukkie Spoiler please.

Reading List:
    Link
    well LWJ love his waifu afterall. won't do something hurt him :blobmelt::blobmelt::aww::aww:

Cemlemine, xBubblex, Acsis and 2 others like this.
  12. CawCawBird

CawCawBird Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love that JC says "not bad" but still gives a low score just because.

xBubblex, ktonton, OceanMagix and 5 others like this.
  13. Yukkie

Yukkie Spoiler please.

Reading List:
    Link
    He's giving false hope. :cookie:

OceanMagix, Acsis, Vin313 and 2 others like this.
  14. RiYueLingKong

RiYueLingKong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hahahahaha, it's literally 'Corpse-Poisoning Cure Glutinous Rice Porridge'.

xBubblex, Vin313 and readerz like this.
  15. Cypress

Cypress Eh, what's "outside"? /sinks into bed

Reading List:
    Link
    SiZhui you precious child you gave it an eight despite the fact that you wanted to spit it out in the book. To be expected from Lan Zhan pupil, he (LSZ) also spoils big bro Wuxian.

Cemlemine, xBubblex, ktonton and 9 others like this.
  16. Waterrain

Waterrain Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you :aww: and I'm glad you enjoy them :blobicecreamlove: (I look forward to every saturday :blobpopcorn_cool: and can't wait to see Wen Ning :cookie:how he looks likes and sounds like when he is alive :blobsmilehappyeyes:)

Acsis and readerz like this.
  17. eternalfloof

eternalfloof Member

Reading List:
    Link
    im pretty lost at the recent chapter (ch 60) where JC goes up to the mountains for 7 days to get "his" golden core back. Does the novel skim over the part where WWX gives his golden core to JC?

18. Randomizer

Randomizer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WWX's fate in his first lifetime really makes the passages where he compares himself to XXC (always doing the right thing, undone with one tragic mistake), and when he tells LWJ not to have Gusu handle the aftermath of Yi City alone lest they be taken advantage of very poignant.

Mm, JC's character and motivation are mostly aligned with the general cultivation society's, then add on the way he bitterly remembers any 'wrong' (real or not) done to him… in that context his choices and actions are very fitting.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  19. Aeli

Aeli Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that it's written like this purposefully... To fool readers the same way like JC was fooled. But there are some hints that at the end of this chapter WWX already lost his golden core. What I noticed:
    - WWX was not in the good shape while getting up from the side of the road
    - was easily defeated by one blow from core melting hand
    - thought that dying at this point would be not worse than living (same as JC before)
    - and was going to take revenge if he'd be able to transform into ferocious ghost (thing that JC talked about but wouldn't be able to do)

The thing that I'm not sure about is - was he going to meet with JC if Wen sect did not capture him or not? (sorry for this sentence, I feel like I messed up some grammar here... More than usual)

20. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh that scene makes sense to me now, thank you for reminding about that, I was wondering why Wei wouldn't let Gusu handle the situation but adding onto his previous experience with it Wei's advice makes sense. It certainly very poignant :blobpensive:

Geezus the cultivation society ain't at all different to the non-magical ppl's society so much for aiming to be immortals their all covered in worldly matters just as much as Wei is