LCD Cultivation Chat Group

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by CloudySkySadMoon, Jun 18, 2016.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If he only has three spirit stones then how is he planning to fuel that puppet? Also curious how he plans to protect it from Senior White...

2. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Feel a bit sorry for his ghost spirit. It's definitely no fun to be trapped as a popsicle for several days. I wonder why he doesn't just contact the Chu ancestor about the package. He's probably going to come to the island for the market anyway, so it probably wouldn't inconvenience him to drop by and pickup his package and free the MC's ghost.

3. Captain_Ironfoundersson

Captain_Ironfoundersson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, no needs for him to protect it from White. White is scared of his nagging.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    That didn't save the microwave...

justmehere likes this.
  5. Captain_Ironfoundersson

Reading List:
    Link
    The microwave was before White got nagged by Shuhang.

6. kitame

kitame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    technically V.White would compensate Shuhuang with an even better mount, and probably a rechargable flying sword.

jacobpaige likes this.
  7. yeison

yeison Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is fine, he will only need it for a couple of months

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he'll ask the Venerable Seventh Cultivator of True Virtue about this, and if that part of the puppet's memory ever actually happened.

Also curious if he'll go looking for that wooden puppet.

Well, that's part of the problem. He might well advance to the fourth stage before he has enough spirit stones to actually use the puppet... ;)

9. kitame

kitame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh right speaking of flying mounts, considering that V.White already took note of the black dragon puppet, i wonder if he could now make a "fueled" flying sword.

or better yet a flying car, since Shuhuang is afraid of falling.

10. jheno13

jheno13 Snub

Reading List:
    Link
    song afraid of heights shuhuang.
    be warned... don't open if you don't want spoilers.
    he became so afraid of riding a flying sword that he ask v.white to add guard/hand rail to his own flying sword.
    v.white also add one to his and that made the sword unhappy

alexfilia likes this.
  11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He should be more curious about how the dragon was able to see him in his dream...The last person who could do that was a tier nine immortal.

12. Captain_Ironfoundersson

Reading List:
    Link
    Um... he did have a flying car.

13. kitame

kitame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if my guess is correct, its the "dead" white dragon on the mysterious floating island.

mrttao likes this.
  14. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tier 9 is a misleading term. Since it refers to both those who acquired immortality through their own Dao, and those who acquired it via the Immortal City sharing method.
    The former was a lot harder (was, because the city was destroyed, cutting off that path).

That person able to see him in those dreams was of the harder immortal path.

15. SifaV6

SifaV6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The first 9 cultivation stages in this series are still considered as mortals with limited lifespan, only the 10th stage (长生者) gives true immortality.
    The dragon and most other members that belong to the "immortal city" are all 10th stage immortals

alexfilia and mrttao like this.
  16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    rofl. I love the reactions XD

"Was I the only one that found Senior Creation's song very nice to hear?" She may want to keep that to herself...

If he's going to be in space, then couldn't he just toss his excrement at the sun or the nearest planet? There's no particular reason for him to keep it with him after all. Actually, if he's only eating fasting pills, would he even have excrement?

That aside, he should be more worried about how he'll avoid dying of boredom, or going insane from the isolation (assuming that he won't have access to the internet or the chat group that is).
    Yeah, I was assuming the same, but it doesn't seem to have occurred to the MC.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how he'll explain his rabbit purse if his friends see it...

Also curious how he'll explain that big wad of money he was carrying around.

By the way, does anyone remember what that pearl was? I'm pretty sure it was mentioned during the mysterious island arc, but I can't remember.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "As long as you're on Earth" Aw, that's not going to be helpful on his next "vacation" then. He'll need to figure something else out to not die of boredom or loneliness.

"come out! You absolutely can't miss this beautiful song!" lol. The whole time I was reading the '@' list, I was trying to decide if she was going to warn them, or trick them into suffering with her ;)

19. Captain_Ironfoundersson

Reading List:
    Link
    Ninth Stage Tribulation Immortal (九品劫仙; jiǔ pǐn jié xiān) name came from the first two waves of the Eighth Promotes Ninth Tribulation.

The first wave is the Transforming Mortality into Immortality (化凡为仙; huà fán wèi xiān). Those who passed this wave will obtain a life span of more than 10 million years and its very rare for a Ninth Stage to die from old age.

The second wave is the Formation of the Tribulation Bone (劫骨; jié). The tribulation bone is the thing that give Ninth Stages their space abilities

Even Eternal Life Beings (长生者; chángshēngzhě lit. “the one with long life”) aren’t true immortals. Only the Bearers of the Mandate of Heavens a.k.a. the Heavenly Ways (or Heavenly Daos) are true immortals (长生不死; cháng shēng bù sǐ; lit. “long life and undying”).

In this novel, there are differences between eternal life (长生; cháng shēng), undying (不死; bù sǐ) and true immortal (长生不死; cháng shēng bù sǐ)

strixflash and Stark3 like this.
  20. SifaV6

SifaV6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If that's how you're arguing it, then even achieving Heavenly Dao Merge wouldn't give you true immortality because otherwise there wouldn't have been so many generations of cultivators that have merged with the Heavenly Dao. You're getting things mixed up with 不朽 (Undying/Everlasting) rather than lifespan itself.
    In the novel, 10th stage cultivators can already live forever and there are tons of them that lived longer than the bearer of the Heavenly Dao, and often lived through several generations of Heavenly Dao. The immortality I was talking about was always about lifespan which is what differentiates between stage 1-9 to the 10th stage.