Domain Change Royalroad and other updates

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by RR Vocaloid, Aug 6, 2018.

1. RR Vocaloid

RR Vocaloid RoyalRoad.com Slepragt

Reading List:
    Link
    You can read the official announcement here

Domain name change
    After years of deliberation, we have finally acquired www.royalroad.com and changed our official domain name.
    If you promote your fiction with or shared our previous domain link, don’t worry - all old links will redirect to our new domain. However, we would prefer if you used royalroad.com for all future linking and refer to the website as such.

We are very excited about this change, and accordingly, for this day, we have decided to release many things that have been in the works for quite some time.

Due to how the web works, this change also means that all users have been logged out - credentials and cookies are domain-bound, and we apologise for this inconvenience.

Author premium
    As promised, the author premium is now ready to roll with many features.

The Author Premium will have the following features:
    • Additional analytics, including daily pageviews, reader retention rate, referrers, analytics for individual chapters and daily/weekly rating breakdown
    • Push notifications for new reviews - you can disable these for individual fictions if you don’t want them in a new pane on the settings page
    • Chapter page customizations, including pretty ornaments to replace the Horizontal Ruler and custom header artworks
    • A search feature to find all mentions of a term in all chapters in a fiction
    • The ability to also replace the matching terms across your entire fiction
    • Autosave in the chapter editor as a draft until it is published so that you will never lose your work due to connection issues
    • Export your book as an ePub directly from Royal Road

Additional features may be released in the future, and we may make some of the premium features available to the general public over time. Additionally, premium authors will have the option to sign up for Early Access, which will allow them access to features as soon as they are released for public testing.

We have also negotiated a 25% off of Blasty for our premium users for those who sign up for Blasty before December 31st, 2018 and have an Author Premium subscription. What is Blasty, you ask? “Blasty continuously monitors your digital products online. As soon as a suspicious copy is found, it is added to your dashboard and an alert is emailed to you.” So, now if you wish to sign up and monitor all of your content online in a more serious manner, now you can at a discount!

For non-premium authors, you can sign up for the 10% discount - read more about it here:
    Link to post.

In addition, we would like to thank our beta testers who have contributed to finding bugs and suggesting improvements to our features:

Mooderino, author of How to Avoid Death on a Daily Basis, The Good Student and Bitter
    Oinos, author of I Have Been Summoned as a Hero ...I Am a God Though
    RedMirage, author of Painting the Mists
    Lone, author of Lone: the Wanderer and Shovels in Spades
    Exterminatus, author of Everybody Loves Large Chests and Binary Soul
    Kanundra, author of Consor

For those with Reader Premium
    If you have an existing Premium subscription, don't fret - we have implemented a seamless upgrade system which should allow you to upgrade to Author Premium by paying a pro-rated difference between your left-over premium time, and your first renewal payment after that will happen on the date when your original premium would have expired.

To subscribe or upgrade, simply click here.

Webshop
    We are also releasing our own webshop to sell Royal Road merchandise. This includes t-shirts, hoodies, phone cases, and more.
    Look forward to seeing a notification about it going live in the next few days.

Redesign sneak peek
    As we mentioned in our status and plans for this year in Q1, we are working on the site’s UI and UX. If you are active on our Discord, you might have already voted on some design plans to help us decide the direction. Now, we are in the process of finalizing the design, adding minor adjustments and then implementing them. Here is a sneak peek for some of the new designs

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  2. Noob4hire

Noob4hire Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. kraya

kraya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    holy crap

... I mean, I didn't even know royalroad... exists... or even heard of it...

... but now, I know

... back to ma life

4. chillo

chillo NUF BioTerrorist

Reading List:
    Link
    still the same on mobile tho.

also still wondering, what does the l stand for at the end of rrl?

ahh, nvm, I remembered it mean legend on ark (i think, or was it lms?)

5. kanadaj

kanadaj Royal Road Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a sneak peek of what the designer has done, not an actual working screenshot. That's a bit further down the timeline :)

Nothing anymore. Used to stand for Legend or Legends, which has been on debate for years. But it was mostly just there so people wouldn't be able to spell the URL properly ;)

6. True King Kettle

True King Kettle 『Hundred Paths Conquering Kettle』

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow. Royal road is really developing.
    Plus the titles alot better without the legends

7. RR Vocaloid

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw someone comment before deleting their comment asking about how a story that was Chinese got its translation on RoyalRoad.

RoyalRoad allows the posting of stories in other languages than just English.

It also allows translations, but only if they are done by the author, have the permission of the author, or has the English license or whatever from the publisher.

8. tomolone

tomolone Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cool!

"Active member", heh. Also, when did I get a staff tag.

9. RR Vocaloid

Reading List:
    Link
    When you and a bunch of other mods said you had accounts or made accounts here, I had the tags put on you all.