Resolved Hate jp novel

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Food food, Aug 9, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the OP's question got answered so this is a why do JP novels suck thread now. :p

2. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    You could give https://www.novelupdates.com/series/rakuin-no-monshou/ a try, as someone who read very few JP novels (not that I read that many novels at all since they're mostly trash tbh) I can recommend at least the 3 or 4 earliest volumes that I read some years ago. It doesn't have any of the bad cliches you'll find in a lot of the JP novels.

Another novel is Overlord, which unfortunately has a lot of the stupid cliches and I really don't like albedo, but it has a lot of other things going for it that made up for it imo.

The loner and Food food like this.
  3. zarvi

zarvi Ojisan

Reading List:
    Link
    I also want to know how to remove chinese novels on my feeds in general
    I tried filtering all tags with chinese sounding and cultivations but some cn novels still appear

kenar, Ai chan and The loner like this.
  4. Klied

Klied Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find it funny that some random person in the INTERNET hates web/light novel(s) that are meant for Japanese readers.

kenar likes this.
  5. gary0044187

Reading List:
    Link
    wow considering how few actually good stories there are in the sea of mediocrity I am surprised people would willingly reduce their scopes like this. There seriously are some good stories on both sides, they just take work to find. "Superstars of Tomorrow", "The Grandmaster Strategist", "The World Online" for those of you that tend to say all CN are mass murderers. ummm... man it has been a long time since I found a good KN that translated frequently and consistently, maybe "Possessing Nothing", "I am the Monarch", and Haroon? eh, for JP, I really enjoyed Danmachi, Shieldbro, and "Dragoon", though I pretty much dropped all 3. But it is hard to find them, harder to find a good JP recently since they all started including cooking and far too many include katanas as the greatest weapons ever or at least "if you hold a longsword like a katana, of course your swordsmanship will improve".

The loner likes this.
  6. Galison

Galison Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is their choice after all since their tastes are their own after all.

Someone else mentioned the jp mcs tend to be teens while Korean and Chinese don't well think about it light novel translates to English would mostly be youth novels ie ment for teens. You generally write for your audiance after all.

gary0044187 likes this.
  7. gary0044187

Reading List:
    Link
    tbh, it occured to me while writing my last response that the problem is that it's a random person in the internet hating a web/light novel that was meant not just for japanese readers but japanese early teenage readers. I wonder, do they not produce these for late teens/adults? or are they all expected to be work drones or hikkomoris that only read manga and watch anime?

@Galison took the words right out of my mouth.

8. Klied

Klied Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know that, I'm not criticizing their choice or taste all I'm saying is it's funny that they're going to filter every single JP Novels so that they can avoid it because they hated it.(y)

9. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh... most of the JP novels I read are pretty good, but then again I stick with mostly Shoujo and Josei. It could be that novels written by women and for women are better quality?

10. Jumboshrimp98

Jumboshrimp98 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me it’s KR > JP > CN. Not a fan of the story telling and writing style in most CN web novels. Recent JP novels are also pretty garbage thanks to the isekai boom.

11. Ryss

Ryss ... a small emanon... [snake] [tubby-lover]

Reading List:
    Link
    Shoujo... not sure about the novel sector but in the manga department is the intern rip-off of drawingstyles n plots huge... =_=;

12. gary0044187

Reading List:
    Link
    probably that with the fact that the target audience having changed, the things written about and the techniques used will be different.

13. Galison

Galison Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It maybe more simple then that the us for example has a strong g publishing sector so normal novels are just that normal Japan is the same more or less put with the more apparent examples of story sites for lns while normal novels are still handled the normal publishing way. I'm unclear on sk how its industry is but the number of klns is debatable. As for China let's face it the country is still for the most part 3rd world I can only assume it's normal publishing industry is fucked with censorship bribes and corruption. This likely accounts for a massive chunk of clns being more a mix of lns and normal novels as well as the mcs being older since online is likely the only chance any of their authors have of getting their work out.

gary0044187 likes this.
  14. HondaFit

HondaFit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its not on NU but, "mahouka koukou no rettousei" is pretty good. no rapey and the mc is a chinese style bad ass. It has a fully realized magic system with science fiction elements. The world building is good too. A pretty good projection of current trends if Magicians could be made with genetic manipulation.

I'm with you on not liking most Japanese novels anymore. I used to like them but ever since I started reading CN, I can't go back to them. I still read some Japanese comedy novels but most of the other stuff I just don't enjoy anymore. Typically I don't like the MC's.

15. RozenKristal

RozenKristal NUF gender bender Emperor -> Queen

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahaha, you just sum this up nicely. My side :))

16. youseiki

youseiki 『Loves Glasses』

Reading List:
    Link
    Goodreads is the place if you're looking for Japanese Books, Novel updates is a place for Light Novels and Web Novels and I don't think that they are meant to be read by critical readers, and let's be real, Light Novels like Spice and Wolf, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, 12 Kingdoms, Baccano aren't meant for young teens, especially those stories are full of complexities which would be hard for young readers.

kenar, Kuro_0ni, The loner and 2 others like this.
  17. MarxDarkBear

MarxDarkBear The Great Man

Reading List:
    Link
    or simply because people have different taste in what they like to read. I prefer novels, movies and comics when they have darker themes and jp novels doesn't give me that.

18. rexzshadow

rexzshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can extend that to literally everything. One reason why both Japan and Korean has managed to create something unique in their culture that manage to spread out to other countries. Japan with manga/anime and Korea with kpop but China being much larger country which you think you can at least produce some interesting but can't. Its mostly due to the insane nature of doing anything in China that anyone with talent/ideas can never use it lol.

19. Houye

Houye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lemme suggest you a title more befitting.

Cunt stating everyone that dislikes Japanese is edgy getting shut down by the next quoted comment.

20. wuxiahenhao

wuxiahenhao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The review killed everything. Hong Kong movies used to be very hot. The novel is the place that is least affected by the review. It must be admitted that if Chinese novels are full of moral justice then no one will look. I call this kind of thing a fast food culture, something that has no nutritional value but is hormonally satisfied. Korean idols and most Japanese animations are like this.

kenar and Ai chan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.