A Step into the Past

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Lurked, Aug 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Lurked

Lurked Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm thinking of reading this novel - I've heard a lot of things about it. However, do I need to have a good understanding of Chinese History/Geography to understand it? Does it matter?

2. tyes77

tyes77 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Contains NTR and aside from that not really since its a wishfufillment novel trying to stay in line with historical events but you don't need to know those

Lianna likes this.
  3. lastin

lastin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, just read it you'll be fine.

Lianna likes this.
  4. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    STFU about NTR, it was one scene where a slut which wasn't even his gf was fucked by another guy, not like he doesn't have a loyal harem beside her and didn't kill the guy a few weeks later.

Sami11 likes this.
  5. Lurked

Lurked Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm - I was mostly looking for something with good character/world development. I'll probably give it a shot. Hope it's not brainless

6. tyes77

tyes77 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If we are going to spoil. The MC is a pussy which allows himself to be fucked over alongside his harem only because he doesn't want to change history. He could've become the king or get revenge on a guy who killed one of his chicks but he doesn't do it because of some pussy route which he wanted the prince to take of the villian instead. Its like he had so much potiential but halfway through the novel he gets complacent and plays it safe like a puss.

Edit: He also can't have children so he adopts. Feel so bad for his harem who can't have children because he is sterile. Dude is one of the most disappointing MCs

7. Lianna

Lianna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a good novel overall. It's very interesting despite some drawbacks

8. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    Both of you guys at least use a spoiler tab. The guy is asking if he needs to know outside knowledge for the story not what happens in the story.

runsing and Varno like this.
  9. Lurked

Lurked Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao thank god I saw ur comment first

10. Gopper

Gopper Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont know Chinese history but I think its worth reading. Great novel, lots of wars/fights. Dont get too caught up over the sex/NTR, doesn't detract from the story.

11. NinjapowerMS

NinjapowerMS Local man ruins everything

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure there was that one girl he met first and messed around with. Girl gets forgotten for some time and gets revealed to got raped and killed or something but is that Ntr? dunno.
    Feel free to correct me though, Its been awhile.

12. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not, breaking up and going with another man years later is not ntr, ffs you guys are obsessed with ntr, everything is ntr to you.

runsing and Blitz like this.
  13. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    He did disapppoint by not willing to change the history, but the strongest guy in the kingdoms with a harem is hardly a pussy and it didn't make the novel any worse, those schemes within schemes within schemes were epic.
    Besides what should a transmigrator which knows the future is debatable, in reality most guys who took power and changed history wouldn't have plot armor and would be killed by the next unexpected thing.

runsing likes this.
  14. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't need to know any history, but it wouldn't hurt to know where the different nation's are. Any map of the Warring States will do. Or if you want a quick rundown, it's Qin in the west, and Zhao, Wei, and Han in the middle (from north to south), and Yan, Qi, and Chu in the east.

runsing likes this.
  15. NinjapowerMS

NinjapowerMS Local man ruins everything

Reading List:
    Link
    Did she break up with him?I vaguely remember she got used as a sacrificial lamb to piss MC off. Also can you stop lumping me with the rest. I'm genuinely asking and not breaking my nuts off over this dumb tag

16. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    No, it was like I'm leaving for the city, you're a village girl, it's better if you stay… Then he saw her years later married and was like, well I didn't expect her to wait for me, not like he cared with his harem.

NinjapowerMS likes this.