Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    The effect of divine protection of God to status.

2. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's not really one answer but it generally acts as a growth accelerator rather than an instant power-up. It also generally allows one to use one of the summoning skills for a temporary power-up.

hillo315 likes this.
  3. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Why Van didn't gain familiar skill descend? Is Van to strong to normal Familiar spirit.

4. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Familiar Spirit Descent generally requires prayer, and we have never known Van to solve his immediate problems by trusting the gods to give him power. It's also possible that if Vida sends down a familiar spirit, Van would eat it by accident. :cookie::blobfearful:

5. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Accidentally eating familiar spirit seem funny, like certain book God.

hillo315 likes this.
  6. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think she's already secretly joined Vida's side. I mean, she's already awake and pretending to still be asleep for the reason that her location is currently being guarded by Alda-faction gods. I believe in the scene where this was revealed she also had her thoughts about when to make a break for the boundary mountains.

She's also already helping Van. She DID give Minotaur girl her divine protection as well as a divine message to help them find the other sleeping goddess. As for why she didn't give Van her divine protection, well... they also revealed that when Van was talking with Vida. She really enjoys giving riddles and being enigmatic. She probably thought just giving Van her divine protection and then giving him, who would far more easily understand it, the divine message would just be too easy.

(Also, due to Minotaur girl receiving the divine message, this also doubles as a secret show of her alliance to the Vida side. I think she's hoping for Van to release the more vulnerable still-sleeping goddess first and then after that she will break out with Van's help and then they will both join the Vida side.)

Korleone, hillo315 and Claus like this.
  7. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Did she mean Botin? As the original goddess are three, Vida, Peria and Botin.

8. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The divine message only contained the words "A goddess is sleeping." Since we know it doesn't refer to Vida, and it seems unlikely (but not impossible) that she's referring to herself, that leaves Botin by process of elimination.

hillo315 likes this.
  9. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you think wind God really destroyed? Somehow i can't shake this feeling that wind God is in journey to persuit art.:blobsweat:. As they said he Vanish with the air. I even forget his name.
    Can god reborn?

10. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    The original wind goddess was destroyed by Guduranis, and has been completely replaced by Nineroad, an ascended champion.

Gods can probably(?) be brought back with enough worship, but a god reborn this way would be different from all of Lambda's current gods, and more like the gods of Earth and Origin. I'm not sure how this would work, since it has never happened. This is all hypothetical, so don't take my word for it.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  11. TUSF

TUSF Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Given Zeizo (evil god of cannibalism) as a precedence, prayer towards a god ends up going to the soul/entity that makes up the god. In Zeizo's case, gods he cannibalized had all their worship sucked up by him. Meanwhile, getting soul shattered doesn't mean your soul disappears; it just shatters into pieces (see: Zakkart and the four champions). These pieces are kinda like a broken corpse of your former self, and I theorize that when worship is aimed at the god the soul used to be, it's likely that it ends up going to these fragments, and disperses into the ether.

Basically, even if the humans were to wish the Wind God back into existence, it wouldn't result in anything unless someone went and pieced back together the wind god's fragments.
    This is all theory, anyways. There's still the fact that we don't really know what happens to soul fragments; we just know that the hero's soul fragments lingered long enough for Rodcorte to pick them up and Vida to pass by. For all we know, these fragments might just dissolve into near nothing.

hillo315 likes this.
  12. Wannabe-shutin

Wannabe-shutin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think this is possible. If it was the gods killed by the DK would've come back by now, at least the important ones. And even then they would be like zakkart, without a soul - not the original.

The god of earth just splits up and takes a form in accordance to the people's faith. In origin it just takes the most prevalent thoughts as it's form. Both might have taken form alongside their world.

As for lambda, the world and the gods were not born naturally but from the corpses of the great white god and the great black god. Since that's the only difference I can see atm I assume that the ability to create new gods with faith was used up creating the gods and allowing them to have others ascend.

hillo315 likes this.
  13. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe van learns how to put souls back together? rod can do it so maybe van learns it to if he is going to replace him

hillo315 likes this.
  14. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We had a discussion a while back, the more likely scenario I see coming about is that Van actually learns to create souls from nothing. I don't see why he wouldn't figure out how to piece them back together though.

Death magic is so incredibly well oriented to the soul that I can see him gaining absolute mastery over everything to do with souls to a point where Rodiot can't even compare. Van's already figuring out how to reincarnate people with all their memories intact with only his 2nd attempt at reincarnating someone. Plus, there is the fact that he's even able to reincarnate people by his own power by itself. Next, he's probably going to figure out how to repair some of the spirits following him around, maybe as a product of the research he's currently doing with undead reproduction. I'm certain that "soul silver" is going to have something to do with souls. Ricklent even commented that the reason he was able to incarnate the 8th guidance into Legion was because the base form of life Van had created had eaten the soul silver he had made, so it definitely has something important to do with souls.

Speaking of the undead reproduction research, how long do you think it will be after he figures that one out that he finds a way to fully resurrect the dead? Not as undead, as living beings as they were before their death.

hillo315 and anteopta like this.
  15. anteopta

Reading List:
    Link
    and if he learns it, he can put the old gods(wind god) back together? yes/no?

16. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Probaly, but it's memory distorted. As we know unlike Van, Demon King soul breaking only to piece of soul. Van literally breaking soul to dust after all not mention he eating them after that.

hillo315 likes this.
  17. anteopta

Reading List:
    Link
    what was with the gungnir guy, Kaidou Kanata, the first one after van to come to lambda? rod used his power or soul in some way (know from the thread, i don't read the raws)

18. Vexram

Vexram Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    actually before van's skill got an upgrade to soul eater, he broke souls the same way the demon king did. we know this because rodcorte plays with the pieces the same way after van broke souls as he did when the 4 heroes had their souls broken.

19. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it's not part of Kanata soul but rodcorte blessinging and cheat.

20. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More or less accurate, except that Van was a LOT better at breaking souls than the DK. The DK's method of breaking souls was more or less the same method Van used the very first time he broke a soul where first he kills them, then he restrains their spirit and rips it to pieces, and then he pulls out the soul and crushes it between his fingers. You get hints that this is the exact method the DK used EVERY TIME he broke a soul because a conversation between the gods mentioned that it took the DK around a minimum of 10 seconds per soul he tried to break.

Van, on the other hand, got really good really fast at breaking souls. He only did it that old slow way once, the first time. After that, he figured out how to just target the soul without having to rip it out of the spirit when he crushed Gordon's and Riley's souls, then by the time he encountered the Gungier guy he didn't even have to kill the physical body before he broke the soul. By the time soul crusher leveled up a few times, before it even became soul eater, it got to a point where every single attack he performed also damaged the soul if he chose to have it do so.

It was never said anywhere though that Van crushes souls into dust, so that assertion from before has no merit. He certainly does eat the souls now though, so it doesn't actually matter whether they're crushed to dust or not, they're irrecoverable once he gets ahold of them.

The cheats are originally a part of Rodcorte, but when they are given to someone they are placed directly on their soul as though they were a physical commodity in soul form. So, in order for Rodcorte to retrieve the cheat ability he had to partially salvage the fragments of Kanata's soul. Also, the Gungier ability was damaged due to being part of Kanata's soul when it was crushed, it's even specified that the version Murakami was using was incomplete/damaged.

(That said, interesting thought, Van has Gungier now. That means next time he faces off against Heinz, he can just use Gungier and say "Orichalcum" and suddenly Heinz's artifact sword won't be able to damage him. What's more, none of Van's equipment is Orichalcum. His artifact wand is an evil god's bone, and his armor is Dead Iron, so that would be the perfect use of Gungier.)

hillo315 likes this.