Qidian Premium Tales of herding gods

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by elengee, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Id rather buy a ps4 or a new gadget rather than giving it to qidian. Lol
    Not to mention chinese author's word stall way of writing clogging up most of it..

FlameE likes this.
  2. oliver

oliver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ... Mate, what exactly is the meaning of your comment? I said it's a crime, and you say crimes happen even if they're crimes? Is that supposed to be a counter arguement to my statemt? So the fact that murder still happens even if it's illegal, makes it alright? Because crimes happen even if they're crimes, doesnt change the fact that they're well, crimes, and if the police cared about them people would get still in trouble for them. Go away with your snarky, but meaningless, comment.

And actually, i'm pretty sure saying something like ''oh, it's alright, because other people do it'' about a crime is inciting someone to commit crime, which is ALSO illegal. Edit: and even if it's not technically inciting someone to do a crime, it's still sure as hell encouraging it, which is ALSO illegal.

3. Invisalats

Invisalats The Bearded One

Reading List:
    Link
    A massive amount of novels have become add locked or premium over the last few days, even ones that are unpopular. Which means I've had to drop all but 3 novels I was reading on there cause the it's just too expensive now 600 ss won't last 3 days if I don't curb my reading on qidian lol.

Guess I'll have to go to the darkest side and find a translation theft site with qi novels available.

4. Arcdual

Arcdual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you really just compare pirating digital novels with murder xD.

5. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure why people are surprised. Eventually every single novel they have are going to go premium.

6. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    At this point i don't know if i'd be a mass-murderer or a serial killer. :hmm:

7. Levat

Levat Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh please, like anyone cares. Go ahead and try to get QI to go for a transnational lawsuit. We live in a dog-eat-dog world where people will get what they want no matter if it's legal or not. Save your naivety for the mimosas in their safe spaces.

As for the QI, this is something that was clear from the start. They are slowly but surely developing their paywall, getting you used to the system which you would probably outright reject if it was enforced fully from the start. Just like that boiling frogs myth.

8. oliver

oliver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, because they’re both crimes, which was kinda My point. I never said they had the same severity, or that they should have the same punishment.

9. oliver

oliver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Still a crime even if it’s not heavily enforced. I even Said in one of My comments that if police cares, you’d get in trouble. Edit: i actually Said that in the comment you quoted, so Maybe you should read it next time

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  10. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But in the end..

We all know where qidian would take this eventually right? The great paywall of China wasn't built on a single day. So is this wall...

Imo, They are charging people with the same amount translators are charging donators. Eventually when the subscription schemes come out the price would be more reasonable

11. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpopcorn_cool:
    I'm just sitting here watching all the new Q drama regarding "Ad-walled":blobpopcorn::cookie::sushi_cool:

12. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, it should just be a membership to the site and access to all content thereby. 15 euro a month being my limit.

justmehere and oliver like this.
  13. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Look guys I live in a country where the law enforcers are stealing too...

So westerners have to really think this through. Morality goes both ways. Say you have monopoly on bread and you charge people $100 per piece while people are making $50 a day. 3 things would happen, one people would make their own bread, second they would steal. Three, they would call you greedy extortionist bastard and kill you like Marie antionete.

It wouldn't happen like that with webnovels, but piracy is how the market works. They were never able to curb song piracy until there are Spotify and apple music.

Once the price is right, average people would stop breaking the law imo.

mir, Westeller and elengee like this.
  14. Aternus

Aternus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno, it's 15 second ads. Annoying but if you make it to chapter 150, it's not a big deal.
    Maybe we'll get a faster release rate now?

15. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    The opposite is true as well, as long as there's not that much money to earn nobody will offer pirated editions to make their own money.
    If novels were all free online or cheap , you wouldn't have fan translators asking 60$ a chapter.
    P.s.
    Liquor used to be bootlegged as well during prohibition because they'd earn a lot, and i'm sure the future will have the same with cigarettes lol.

justmehere likes this.
  16. Levat

Levat Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No I wouldn't, because no police anywhere would surveil peoples' net activity without a damn good reason, and this is faaaar from it. And even then it's relatively easy to avoid detection.
    If you get assaulted on the streets and no officers are there to intervene, do you think that the assailant would get any penalty without you actually reporting him?

17. Juno

Juno Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if the chapters get locked we can still always rely on the pirates the heroes of the free :blobhero:

18. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that's the point. You're just explaining what I said.

19. FlameE

FlameE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped reading novels for a few months and things are already like this... oh well not a surprise i guess.

xalienxgamerx likes this.
  20. Lazytophat

Lazytophat Chicken Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Yo hmu i want my experimental log of the crazy lich, wizard world, and tales of herding gods